** The Official WWDC 2024 thread - Keynote 10th June at 18:00 BST **

Associate
Some interesting AI features but got the feeling it’s a bit rushed.
The ML stuff has probably been in the works for a while now, and honestly, it's nothing new/fancy so I expect a solid implementation with some teething issues.

A lot of work would have gone into a) on device processing, which is why we're seeing NPUs on the latest phones and b) having the infrastructure to support more complex operations that need to go to the cloud.

We'll probably also see some extra feature launched with the iPhone 16.

Soldato
I thought Siri only recognised the users voice, but guess not.
I’ve used Keychain for quite a while although I have 1Password as well (mainly for Windows). Wondered sometimes about everything in one, but I just find it slicker.

Some interesting AI features but got the feeling it’s a bit rushed. Not just that it isn’t in the beta yet, but just the way they said some features would come later and then only in beta again.
Would also liked it to have been clearer as to which features classified as AI. For example it seems Mail and Smartscript both need it so those features aren’t in the beta yet either - as far as I can tell?

Disappointed the iPadOS didn’t get more layout upgrades though.
Couldn’t agree more.

Yes Siri has an option to recognise users voice but it was off on my new HomePods. Switched it on my devices immediately!

Yes regarding the AI stuff, there are a LOT of areas where greater transparency is required and I’m sure we will get them answered in time as it is early days. The ChatGPT stuff for example.

At the end of the day I am not a fan of all this AI training lark however companies dress it up. I ponder as to how much this stuff hits battery life for example.

Soldato
Caught up on this last night and today. Some pretty cool stuff overall. The Apple Intelligence stuff should be really good when it's rolled out on everything and big improvement to Siri.

Some of the iOS features are going to be nice to have. Interesting they made a big emphasis on Gaming.

I've had a long thought about having a Mac as desktop setup and all the integration across devices is making me thinking of it again.

Soldato
The calculator was legit one of the best announcements :D. I couldn't give a flip about Messenger as I only use WhatsApp these day. Hopefully they'll implement some of the emoji things though.

Back
Top Bottom