*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

The lab is offline now whilst they reconfigure it for the new Series controller. All Xbox One controllers work with the Series consoles and will be getting a firmware patch to improve latency.
thanks. i appreciate that's why, i just don't get why they wait to do it now. not like they aren't aware of the design and can't get ready for november. i imagine it's purposeful to get sales of the basic ones and then the sales of lab designs.

Man of Honour
The lab is offline now whilst they reconfigure it for the new Series controller. All Xbox One controllers work with the Series consoles and will be getting a firmware patch to improve latency.

Not all controllers support the lowered latency. For example the Elite 1 doesn't while the Elite 2 does.

Soldato
Weird there's no thread for the new AC Valhalla

I bought this yesterday, but my god it's unfinished. I rarely buy games new and tend to buy them when they're cheap, however having bought Odyssey for £8 a few months back, i thought i'd go for it.

Is this the typical standard of new games where you wait a while for updates/patches to fix things or is this a particularly bad effort? I only played up to the point you fight that guy in the longhouse about 10 minutes in, and i've turned invisible, got stuck on rocks and all kinds of mess.

Think i'm going to shelve it for a couple weeks to allow some patches to be released.

Associate
Weird there's no thread for the new AC Valhalla

I bought this yesterday, but my god it's unfinished. I rarely buy games new and tend to buy them when they're cheap, however having bought Odyssey for £8 a few months back, i thought i'd go for it.

Is this the typical standard of new games where you wait a while for updates/patches to fix things or is this a particularly bad effort? I only played up to the point you fight that guy in the longhouse about 10 minutes in, and i've turned invisible, got stuck on rocks and all kinds of mess.

Think i'm going to shelve it for a couple weeks to allow some patches to be released.

I'm not sure if it across the board these days with new games. But UBISOFT have a track record for releasing unfinished or broken games and then spend a year patching them up.
I stopped buying their games on release after Ravesnhield. Only recently did I break that rule with The Division. On release it seemed ok, I only really played the SP aspect of the game.
But the MP was busted at the start, lots of cheats able to get top tier loot very easily. Since then it stabilised and became a great game. Think likewise with Rainbow 6 siege, then they really
focused on getting it where it needed to be and is now a big hitter of a game.

Numerous other titles have suffered a similar fate on release and have become decent games. Ubisoft have the talent
and do make great games (well some of them) I'm unsure on the real reason they release them as they do, potentially pressure to hit deadlines. I now wait for reviews or just avoid until dirt cheap.
I picked up Breakpoint recently for a tenner and just didn't get on with it despite really enjoying wildlands.

Soldato
The Series S at sub £200 for Christmas 2021 will be a big hit.

The S shouldn't hold back any games as the CPU and SSD are the same performance as the X, which are the limiting factors for the core game engine and design. It's far easier to scale resolution and effects for a weaker GPU than it is to make the same AI, physics, etc. work on a weaker CPU for example.

^^ Exactly this.

The gpu is easy to scale back as we see in most PC games.

Soldato
Added a 2TB external drive to my Xbox One. Really wondering why I didn't do this sooner? With ~2.8TB of storage, I've been able to install 145 games, which is basically everything I'm interested in from Game Pass (bar a few that I'm playing on PC), plus a few games that I own. Being able to just drop in to any game I want on a whim makes a big difference.

Soldato

Xbox series x performance in Watch Dogs Legion with Ray Tracing is worse than RTX 2060 Super.

In the defence of the console, that graphic card costs about £350. Console only costs £100 more. Also this is the first set of games. I'm sure Devs will work out how to optimise better.

Soldato
Man, my controller vibration has gone annoying. It's fine for 95% of the time, then when i use a certain ability in Assasins Creed Oddessy, it vibrates and makes the most horrific of noises. I tried a few online guides, but none of the triggers feel loose.

I plan to upgrade to a Series X at some point so not sure i see any point in buying a new one for ~£40, shame as never had this on previous controllers and it's only around 2 years old with minimal use.

Man of Honour
Oh bum...

My xbox one's psu has crapped itself. Orange light when plugged into the mains. Plug it into the xbox, light goes away.

99% of the answers online say fubar'd psu. Hope thats the case. But, hello there ebay. Got a tested 2nd hand one for under £20. It'll do for testing.

Back
Top Bottom