The oldskool rave music (early 90s) thread

Soldato
Few more faves from my rave and pirate radio listening days :)

I've got loads of tape packs still, some old VHS's like the Fantazia raves etc and only up until the last few years used to go various old school raves if local to me. Never bore of this stuff, anything modern I'm into I love for a week then never listen to it again!

Soldato
OP
Floyd Dyce was the main force behind Production House releases (being the man behind Baby D and The House Crew) so it's reasonable to assume there's more than a similarity, using vocals, samples, etc in each others' tracks.

Thanks. That does make sense :)

What a tune!! I'm glad I've made this thread now as I'm learning a lot too. Can see how this genre bridged to jungle with the breakbeat from this track being an example.

Associate
On a proper rewind after seeing this thread: a few more by The Criminal Minds and Mickey Finn (Essex jokers the lot of them :) )

If memory serves, Some Justice was written using an Amiga, remember reading up on this in an Amiga mag back in the day, went out and bought the vinyl on the strength of that, still got it too.

These aren't oldskool rave, but they're 90s.. and they got a white vinyl hardcore remix at some point (bit more alternative)

Soldato
Time and time again I will always put this 88-96 music on. Slipmatt's weekly podcast is my favourite podcast, it caters for every rave taste.

I was enjoying my teenage years down at Rhythm Station, Aldershot and many other venues along the south coast. What a buzz literally finishing my rubbish week at school/work then walking up to town and all me mates sayin let's get the train to Rhythm Station and 10hrs later be walking home off me tree, carrying on the party until literally Sunday night.

Ahhh good times, that never really stopped until 2012 !! I went from rave to happy hardcore, techno to hard house then stuck on trance and tech trance for over a decade and now literally just love anything old skool/trance/dance related...apart from this new EDM sound that's infiltrated pop. Disaster music !!

Associate
It took me almost 7 years to find out who did this track, despite taking a tape recording of it (off local pirate radio) to record shops and a handful of DJs.
Time and time again I will always put this 88-96 music on. Slipmatt's weekly podcast is my favourite podcast, it caters for every rave taste.

I was enjoying my teenage years down at Rhythm Station, Aldershot and many other venues along the south coast. What a buzz literally finishing my rubbish week at school/work then walking up to town and all me mates sayin let's get the train to Rhythm Station and 10hrs later be walking home off me tree, carrying on the party until literally Sunday night.

Ahhh good times, that never really stopped until 2012 !! I went from rave to happy hardcore, techno to hard house then stuck on trance and tech trance for over a decade and now literally just love anything old skool/trance/dance related...apart from this new EDM sound that's infiltrated pop. Disaster music !!
Ahhh, Rhythm Station....remember being at the bar and the sub-bass would rattle all the empty glasses at the back!!

Associate
Ah what a fine thread. :)

Some random favourites!

DJ Red Alert + Mike Slammer, say no more!

Trace always did love an amen break but this was pretty immense back in 93.

I only discovered this one some years back on Youtube and it blew me away as it just feels a lot more advanced than most of what was being produced in 92.

This one is a bit later (94) so it's past the true mashup of beats and breaks, but it's one of my favourite hardcore tunes as there's so much packed in to it.

Back
Top Bottom