The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If anyone thinks Twitter is bad/heading in the wrong direction now, they are seriously misguided if they think it will get any better under the sole ownership of a greedy narcissistic billionaire.

Don't care. Twitter in its current form has damaged society and needs to be taken around the back and put out of its misery. The MSM and Hollywood have used It for too long as a crutch and now mistakenly believe whatever trends on Twitter is the national consensus. Society is meaner, more combative and divided more than ever as a direct result. Anything that contributes to it's downfall is great in my book

Soldato
I think the human race must be evolving into a genderless, classless, society where we all take pharmaceutical drugs to numb our emotions and our sexual desires to become obedient hardworking slave citizens. Think of the future of society as a mixture of the movie Equilibrium and the depicted genderless Grey alien encounters that have been reported over the years. I think we will be somewhere inbetween.

I'm joking by the way.
Be well, John Spartan.

Soldato
Don't care. Twitter in its current form has damaged society and needs to be taken around the back and put out of its misery. The MSM and Hollywood have used It for too long as a crutch and now mistakenly believe whatever trends on Twitter is the national consensus. Society is meaner, more combative and divided more than ever as a direct result. Anything that contributes to it's downfall is great in my book

The same can be said for a lot of social media. The demise of FB/Twitter can't be soon enough.

Soldato
My biggest dislike of Twitter is that, as its has given pretty much "everyone" the opportunity to be heard, all it takes nowadays is one single voice of dissent to be heard for cultural changes to occur, not because what they are saying is right, but because other users are "scared" to voice an opposing view.

In my opinion fear is never the right catalyst for permanent change, all it generates is a thin veneer of compliance which hides a large bubbling pool of resentment.

An example?

Soldato

So you want all current social media and any social media to come to be taken down.

Soldato
Internet harms bill and the european equivalent would be a liability for future twitter owners - twitter needs to diversify much like Zuck/Clegg are trying to do with Meta.

wouldn't potential owners of tesla's have a moral dilema too
... if I had ever been going to buy a dyson, with his hypocritical view on brexit I'm not saving my pennies anymore - Bosch for life.

Soldato
Internet harms bill and the european equivalent would be a liability for future twitter owners - twitter needs to diversify much like Zuck/Clegg are trying to do with Meta.

wouldn't potential owners of tesla's have a moral dilema too
... if I had ever been going to buy a dyson, with his hypocritical view on brexit I'm not saving my pennies anymore - Bosch for life.
...aah but if you wanted to go into space?

Soldato
I think the bigger story is how much Saudi Arabia controls of Twitter (they are the ones currently blocking Musk's takeover bid).

Capitalism at its best, allowing a rival country to hold significant shares in a platform that is ruling the news arena.

Soldato
I think the bigger story is how much Saudi Arabia controls of Twitter (they are the ones currently blocking Musk's takeover bid).

Capitalism at its best, allowing a rival country to hold significant shares in a platform that is ruling the news arena.

That prince with 5.2% is significantly less than Musk's own 9% and last I heard the board unanimously decided to cripple any takeover for the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom