The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is nothing like the same. That is an interview where a journalist gets to ask hard questions and hold the diplomat to account (or they should) Twitter just allows them to spew their propaganda. You are saying UK papers should have allowed Joseph Goebbels to write opinion pieces, they shouldn't have censored him.

Did US and UK troops not commit war crimes during our illegal invasion of Iraq? Should our government be banned from Twitter? We aren't at war with Russia by the way so that analogy doesn't really work

Did US and UK troops not commit war crimes during our illegal invasion of Iraq? Should our government be banned from Twitter? We aren't at war with Russia by the way so that analogy doesn't really work

We are allied to Ukraine. Were we raping and murdering as the default? Kidnapping children and using state media to push propaganda justifying genocide? Its not binary Roar.

It's so refreshing seeing a very rich man put some of his wealth towards having a bit of ribald fun and contentious bickering with the easily offended

You're right, his money has gone to appealing the easily offended, look at Roar and how he reports posts that call him a tiger. That's the most easily offended user here! He reports post to get users banned. And he loves Elon. So there appears to be a link between the 2.

Your anecdotal story is interesting but in reality you've got it backwards in your defence or Elon. I remember that image late last year of white pasty elon with tanned other rich people, and everyone was saying about how Elon works so hard and doesn't him time for fun, and the other rich people just enjoy their boats and beaches while Elon is so busy changing the world etc etc, and now, you come along and tell us about how people with money just chase money, while Elon is an example of a rich person having fun.

Sure.

We are allied to Ukraine. Were we raping and murdering as the default? Kidnapping children and using state media to push propaganda justifying genocide? Its not binary Roar.

I think a lot of troops invading Iraq, mostly American, didn't really give a **** about Iraqi civilian causalities, it's pretty extensively documented. You'll find there was quite a bit of "anti brown" sentiment after 9/11, and I'm sure you can imagine how a lot of those rather angry young men in the US Marines Corps felt after being fed with all that propaganda about the Axis of evil and chemical weapons that we knew didn't exist. Unfortunately we lost the morale high ground 20 years ago in the eyes of a lot of the world.

Of course Russians have committed war crimes though, they're definitely a hostile state to the UK and our allies, I don't like Russia - but I don't think there's any need to block them on Twitter, it doesn't achieve anything.

I know a couple of very wealthy men and neither have any fun with their money, no hobbies save making even more money, all they talk about is money, money money.

It's so refreshing seeing a very rich man put some of his wealth towards having a bit of ribald fun and contentious bickering with the easily offended :)

I like how this kind of implies that the peak of human existence, after you have maxed out your wealth and everything you can do with it is to....argue with/try to offend random people on the internet.

:cry:

Last edited:
You're right, his money has gone to appealing the easily offended, look at Roar and how he reports posts that call him a tiger. That's the most easily offended user here! He reports post to get users banned. And he loves Elon. So there appears to be a link between the 2.

Your anecdotal story is interesting but in reality you've got it backwards in your defence or Elon. I remember that image late last year of white pasty elon with tanned other rich people, and everyone was saying about how Elon works so hard and doesn't him time for fun, and the other rich people just enjoy their boats and beaches while Elon is so busy changing the world etc etc, and now, you come along and tell us about how people with money just chase money, while Elon is an example of a rich person having fun.

Sure.

People have fun in different ways, some like to gain a tan and look like a foreigner or one who works on the roads, others have other pursuits aside from sunbathing and looking like some ageing Lothario.

You seem to be judging Mr. Musk by the colour of his skin, something you probably don't see as ironic...

Last edited:
I like how this kind of implies that the peak of human existence, after you have maxed out your wealth and everything you can do with it is to....argue with/try to offend random people on the internet.

:cry:

I can manage to do that without being wealthy, but given Mr. Musk's clout and the ownership of the Twitter playground I am sure I could raise it to a whole different level :)

Sadly there are those who wish to hear only voices they are in agreement with, and the rest should be ostracised. There's a place in here like that, I forget the name.... ;)
There's that chipped shoulder again @Chris Wilson; why not just ask the mods to allow you back in SC, given that you keep banging on about it? :)

Although the irony isn't lost with saying SC is an echo chamber when in a thread about Musk's platform :cry:

The richest man in the world everyone...
WTF :D
Is that not breach of contract if the landlords have told Musk/Twitter they can't alter the signage but they've gone ahead any way?

I no more want to go into Speaker's Corner than central London, nor would I prostrate myself at the feet of the moderators should the converse be true. There's more to life than the internet.
You would let it be if that truly was the case but, here we are...

Was it bad to censor weather reports during WW2? There are exceptions and letting genocidal imperialists have a platform is one of them.

Perhaps if Saddam Hussein had been given a platform he might have shown the world that his "weapons of mass destruction" were lies fermented in rabid minds and saved a lot of needless killing and wasted money.

I think a lot of troops invading Iraq, mostly American, didn't really give a **** about Iraqi civilian causalities, it's pretty extensively documented. You'll find there was quite a bit of "anti brown" sentiment after 9/11, and I'm sure you can imagine how a lot of those rather angry young men in the US Marines Corps felt after being fed with all that propaganda about the Axis of evil and chemical weapons that we knew didn't exist. Unfortunately we lost the morale high ground 20 years ago in the eyes of a lot of the world.

Of course Russians have committed war crimes though, they're definitely a hostile state to the UK and our allies, I don't like Russia - but I don't think there's any need to block them on Twitter, it doesn't achieve anything.

We didn't send our soldiers in there with orders to murder and rape. We didn't purposefully bomb civilian apartment buildings. We didn't bomb buildings where hundreds of children were hiding in the basement and where it had been clearly marked outside the building that it was full of children. Did individual soldiers commit crimes, of course they did, its war but you attempting to compare UK/US troops to Russian is slightly sick.

Was the BBC or any US broadcaster saying we had to eradicate Iraqis, wipe them from the Earth, calling them vermin etc?

I am saying that Russian leaders should not be given the platform to spread their lies and propaganda for their own murderous purposes, you seem happy for them to do so. If they have something to say they have the UN which is designed for exactly that purpose.

I am saying that Russian leaders should not be given the platform to spread their lies and propaganda for their own murderous purposes, you seem happy for them to do so. If they have something to say they have the UN which is designed for exactly that purpose
Wait until USA election time and see the Russian propaganda that Elon let's run wild because at least someone is finally paying for a blue tick.

Sadly there are those who wish to hear only voices they are in agreement with, and the rest should be ostracised. There's a place in here like that, I forget the name.... ;)
You don’t get banned from SC for having a differing opinion. You get banned for not being able to communicate those opinions in a reasonable manner with credible sources to support your argument.

If you bother to look, there’s plenty of disagreement. It’s far from the echo chamber you make it out to be.

We didn't send our soldiers in there with orders to murder and rape. We didn't purposefully bomb civilian apartment buildings. We didn't bomb buildings where hundreds of children were hiding in the basement and where it had been clearly marked outside the building that it was full of children. Did individual soldiers commit crimes, of course they did, its war but you attempting to compare UK/US troops to Russian is slightly sick.

Was the BBC or any US broadcaster saying we had to eradicate Iraqis, wipe them from the Earth, calling them vermin etc?

I am saying that Russian leaders should not be given the platform to spread their lies and propaganda for their own murderous purposes, you seem happy for them to do so. If they have something to say they have the UN which is designed for exactly that purpose.

Better than that, Russia hold the presidency of the United Nations Security Council.

Nonetheless just because some people do not like their operations in Ukraine should not ostracise their president from what is hailed as a free speech platform.

As for whether the BBC were calling Russians names or not, that sort of thing is prevalent in here, and went uncommented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom