The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what this hurdle is that people have over paying for Twitter, i think people underestimate the power of it. Obama for example, it's literally his digital mouth, 132m followers, there is nothing else like it. And for 1k a month, which he can chalk off as a business expense, it's very little money for him. I imagine he wants to see Twitter succeed as well.

The people who matter don't need Twitter subscriptions. That leaves the wannabes hoping the subscription makes them more visible to the people who matter.

Do you think the rumour that 10,000 large accounts will be exempt from paying subscription is false. It suggests a huge lack of faith by Twitter if it can't bring itself to downgrade its 10,000 largest accounts.

You mean like when the BBC interviewed the Russian ambassador? Or one of the countless other interviews people have done with Russian government officials? It's stupid anything is censored

That is nothing like the same. That is an interview where a journalist gets to ask hard questions and hold the diplomat to account (or they should) Twitter just allows them to spew their propaganda. You are saying UK papers should have allowed Joseph Goebbels to write opinion pieces, they shouldn't have censored him.

Sadly there are those who wish to hear only voices they are in agreement with, and the rest should be ostracised. There's a place in here like that, I forget the name.... ;)

And others are happy to lap up lies, allow scams, fake news etc in the name of free speech.

This is the crux of the problem, true free speech allows many things that are bad for a functioning and "safe" democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom