The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't this getting more attention? Is it because the kids had too much sugar yesterday and drowned it out?

If only twitter had the staff to sort this sort of thing out.
Ahh it's fine, some poo emojis will sort it out.

Twitter should just stop servicing Germany and then Germany will be a much better place to live as a result.

People apparently find the concept of labeling a media company as publicly funded offensive, yet these same people probably complain that the head of the BBC is friends with Boris Johnson. Which is it guys?

The BBC seem fairly independent and do a good job, but they are at risk of having funding pulled by the government if they say the wrong things. That means they aren't truly independent. The BBC is ultimately on the side of the British government, even if they are far better than equivalent media outlets in other countries.

People apparently find the concept of labeling a media company as publicly funded offensive, yet these same people probably complain that the head of the BBC is friends with Boris Johnson. Which is it guys?

The BBC seem fairly independent and do a good job, but they are at risk of having funding pulled by the government if they say the wrong things. That means they aren't truly independent. The BBC is ultimately on the side of the British government, even if they are far better than equivalent media outlets in other countries.
The BBC is not "far better" than equivalent media outlets in other countries, they are the same.

yet these same people probably complain that the head of the BBC is friends with Boris Johnson. Which is it guys?

People say the head of BBC being friends with Boris Johnson is no issue, but then want the BBC to have the label "government funded". Which is it guys?

BTW no one has an issue with publically funded label *** No need for insults ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't this getting more attention? Is it because the kids had too much sugar yesterday and drowned it out?

If only twitter had the staff to sort this sort of thing out.
i ran out of time yesterday to post this and just logged in to share the link, thanks.

This was very predictable because Germany like several western pro-democracy countries have strong laws against hate speech. They require that all companies have a documented process for allowing both the public and authorities to report hate speech, that hate speech is actively monitored and removed, and critically if hate speech is requested to be removed by the authorities that it is done so within a specified time period.

Twitter used to have an entire team in Germany purely for monitoring hate speech and responding to official requests. Of course Musk fired the team because he wants to actively promote hate speech, and he didn't think once about the legal consequences

except article seems to be partially wrong and Musk/twitter had an agreement with german state to abdicate some responsibility

However, Twitter – unlike YouTube or Facebook – does not allow precisely this possibility. Setting up such an objection procedure is time-consuming and would entail considerable costs for Twitter.

When lawyer Jun complained to the court about the lack of such a procedure, Twitter surprisingly announced that an agreement had long been reached with the federal government. According to the document Jun quotes , the federal government has assured Twitter "that it will not order any measures that would oblige it to apply Section 3b."
When asked by WELT, the responsible Federal Ministry of Justice explains that this concession results from a lawsuit by Twitter against the regulation of the NetzDG: "In the urgent proceedings brought by Twitter, the court suggested the submission of a standstill commitment." Therefore, the ministry will wait until the decision of the Cologne Not enforce those obligations under the NetzDG against which Twitter is currently suing.

This is remarkable, since the same court has already declared the corresponding paragraph 3b permissible in a similar case involving Meta and Google - the federal government would therefore take a relatively small risk if Twitter were now forced to set up a corresponding function.

"It's remarkable that Twitter is playing for time by taking legal action and thus evading its obligation to make a counter-presentation," comments Hate Aid lawyer Josephine Ballon. The group could pull the decision through the instances until 2024, anyway, when new EU law makes the Netz-DG obsolete. The federal government seems to be playing along and is not imposing any fines on Twitter for the time being.

he reinstated users who were banned for spreading hate speech, removed teams that were responsible for monitoring and controlling hate speech, which have lead to a massive rise in hate speech. As an example, the very link that I quoted.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is circular logic. You said "Of course A, because B". I asked for a evidence of B. You said easy peasy, because A.

he reinstated users who were banned for spreading hate speech, removed teams that were responsible for monitoring and controlling hate speech, which have lead to a massive rise in hate speech. As an example, the very link that I quoted.

No it hasn't LOL. This isn't even hyperbole it's just a lie

Last edited:
Oh god not the nonsense peace plan rubbish again.

Musks view of a peace plan was

Elon't peace plan was

So you see it, he did propose a peace plan, he did use the word peace, you managed to read that 5 letter word. The rest of your posts are irrelevent butt hurt cries.

We've had this discussion with him. ...................... Elon literally said the words "peace plan"
It took you roughly a month to finally admit you are wrong and that it does say the word peace. The rest of your words do not matter, absolutely irrelevent and I didn't even read them as I deleted them. You finally admitted it says the word peace there.
Feel free to rant now and claim you never denied it said peace lol, I'm honestly not expecting any better from you.

To all of you, Elon Musk offered a peace plan, you may not like it or agree with it but it doesn't change what it is and what it achieves, that is offer a possible solution to ending the war.
Go ahead scream, cry, bang your head against the wall, tell me you can do better or it isn't fair but I will let you all in on a little secret, the end result will look very much like what Elon Musks proposal was.
Go ahead screenshot the post, bookmark the page, put it in your little pink diary but when the dust settles you will all be consoling each other, saying how things ended up great, what achievements were made and how Russia will never dare do that again while totally ignoring the fact that it is almost a mirror image of Elon Musks suggestion.

Last edited:
To all of you, Elon Musk offered a peace plan, you may not like it or agree with it but it doesn't change what it is and what it achieves, that is offer a possible solution to ending the war.
Go ahead scream, cry, bang your head against the wall, tell me you can do better or it isn't fair but I will let you all in on a little secret, the end result will look very much like what Elon Musks proposal was.
Go ahead screenshot the post, bookmark the page, put it in your little pink diary but when the dust settles you will all be consoling each other, saying how things ended up great, what achievements were made and how Russia will never dare do that again while totally ignoring the fact that it is almost a mirror image of Elon Musks suggestion.
Well in that case we can all offer up a "peace plan"

My peace plan would be for a capture the flag style winner/loser.

Amnesia is the flag, dressed in neon yellow and dropped in to the middle of a battlefield between Russian and Ukrainian forces and whoever captures him wins.

Well in that case we can all offer up a "peace plan"

My peace plan would be for a capture the flag style winner/loser.

Amnesia is the flag, dressed in neon yellow and dropped in to the middle of a battlefield between Russian and Ukrainian forces and whoever captures him wins.
If the Russians capture him but remove his head or gonads, does that still count as a peace plan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom