The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cna you give any good links? I'm curious to discover. Thanks

If you can't find via your own volition and the usual search engines, any or all transcripts of Powell's major speeches then I am afraid I am loathe to waste my time directing you to them, as undoubtedly the results of my efforts would be wasted, along with Powell's eloquence.

If you can't find via your own volition and the usual search engines, any or all transcripts of Powell's major speeches then I am afraid I am loathe to waste my time directing you to them, as undoubtedly the results of my efforts would be wasted, along with Powell's eloquence.
weird reply. just wanted a good one you can recommend to give a watch. i can of course find anything via the internets, but you can also waste a lot of time finding junk and then not doing the guy justice by watching the wrong clips. any way, if it's too much for you, fair enough. it's late and been an exciting day for some.

He clearly ambushed himself. He went in ill prepared and thought he could wing it and failed big time. I would imagine he is now hiding in a cupboard somewhere and hoping the world forgets he exists.

If Elon is up for a debate there are some great journalists out there who would challenge him. He should be making himself available.

Elon is a great speaker, haven't you guys seen any of his awesome space X speeches :cry:

Ok give some examples

4zDwaLE.jpeg

when he called for peace in Ukraine
do you often find yourself struggling to understand what the words that were said? were there too many or did you not get it? the beauty of it being a tweet is that you can reread it many times, break it down into smaller chunks so it's easier to digest.

Do you want to have another try to understand what the tweet said?

10cZGlt.jpeg

The truth?

Oh no, what matters more than anything is to make Elon happy.

Hours before the NPR said screw it, Elon was feeling magnanimous enough mid interview to include NPR alongside the BBC as an organisation which he would label as "publicly funded" instead of state or government funded.

tmp.png

NPR noticed and didn't feel like going along with it. Naturally that made Elon unhappy so the truth matters again.

Oh god not the nonsense peace plan rubbish again.

Musks view of a peace plan was capitulation. Not that he has any experience in the area.
My peace plan is just as valid, we send to Putin Roar and Amnesia, and hand over Scotland and Wales.
There a peace plan, why is everyone not rushing to make it happen :confused:

Leave the adult stuff to adults and let musk play man baby in public with his new toy.

Elon't peace plan was surrender, complete capitulation to Russia. I don't think the Kremlin could have come out with a plan they'd have been happier with.
We've had this discussion with him. He can't absord new information. You're wasting your breath/finger taps with this as he doesn't understand the words being said, other than that Elon literally said the words "peace plan", so therefore the lord saviour that is elon must have a serious plan for peace.

There's no point in another page of posts to explain the issues to him as he seems to suffer from.... Amnesia

giphy.webp

That really isn't the Elon win you think it is.

Funding in the 2000s​

According to CPB, in 2009 11.3% of the aggregate revenues of all public radio broadcasting stations were funded from federal sources, principally through CPB;[49] in 2012 10.9% of the revenues for Public Radio came from federal sources.[50]

In 2010, NPR revenues totaled $180 million, with the bulk of revenues coming from programming fees, grants from foundations or business entities, contributions and sponsorships.[31] According to the 2009 financial statement, about 50% of NPR revenues come from the fees it charges member stations for programming and distribution charges.[31] Typically, NPR member stations receive funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, state and local governments, educational institutions, and the federally funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). In 2009, member stations derived 6% of their revenue from federal, state and local government funding, 10% of their revenue from CPB grants, and 14% of their revenue from universities.[31][51] While NPR does not receive any direct federal funding, it does receive a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts to approximately 2% of NPR's overall revenues.[31]

In 2011, NPR announced the roll-out of their own online advertising network, which allows member stations to run geographically targeted advertisement spots from national sponsors that may otherwise be unavailable to their local area, opening additional revenue streams to the broadcaster.[52]

Center Stage, a mix of native advertising and banner ad featured prominently on the NPR homepage, above-the-fold, was launched in 2013. The launch partner for Center Stage was Squarespace.[53]

In 2014, NPR CEO Jarl Mohn said the network would begin to increase revenue by having brands NPR views as more relevant to the audience underwrite NPR programs and requesting higher rates from them.[54]

For the year ended September 30, 2018, total operating revenues were $235 million, increasing to almost $259 million by September 2019.[55]

I wonder where Tesla would be now without the Federal Carbon Credits that kept it going for years. A long ago bankrupt company is where it would be.

This guy is an idiot.

Defund the 1 percent of money npr gets, and why, because they don't pay for a stupid blue tick.

@Amnesia dont view the below as according to your own posts, when you see something you don't like, you start to foam/froth, and this will be hard reading for you (not just due to the many words)

Ksq55p8.jpeg

Why isn't this getting more attention? Is it because the kids had too much sugar yesterday and drowned it out?

Last week, Elon Musk told his employees that Twitter — which he bought for $44 billion last year — is worth about $20 billion now. Assuming all 600 cases in Germany go against Twitter, the social media giant will have to fork out 30 billion euros in fine — that's nearly $33 billion dollars, or 65 percent more than what the company is worth now. This could very well mean Twitter will go bankrupt. While all this is theoretical at the moment, the number and amount of fines could easily stack up to tens of millions of dollars, at the very least

The German government, Techcrunch adds, was spurred into action after a legal challenge succeeded in establishing the tweets were illegal, and said it has found “sufficient indications of failures” in Twitter’s complaint management processes. This could result in the first penalty for a social media company for failure to remove illegal content under NetzDG

If only twitter had the staff to sort this sort of thing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom