The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, when it gets to the point that almost every blue chip company is pulling out of advertising somewhere, it's society that's doing the judging or 'killing' of a platform.

This is the ultimate example of the consequences of free speech, yes you can say, or allow to be said, whatever you want, but when the vast majority reject or dislike it, you end up here.

Ultimately, when it gets to the point that almost every blue chip company is pulling out of advertising somewhere, it's society that's doing the judging or 'killing' of a platform.

This is the ultimate example of the consequences of free speech, yes you can say, or allow to be said, whatever you want, but when the vast majority reject or dislike it, you end up here.

This is what people like Elon and others in this thread fundamentally do not understand.

It is absolutely Elon's right to have a website he owns, on which he can spread misinformation and conspiracy theories and let others do the same.

However, it is everyone else right to not use said website, or pay for advertising on it. That is other people using THEIR freedom to choose what THEY want to do or say.

Disagreeing with how a company does something and choosing not to use their product or partner with them is not blackmail, or restricting their free speech.

Last edited:
strident - of course it's everyones right not to use a web-site, captain.

Individuals don't seem to be leaving twitter , possibly more, leaving Disney, but, maybe Disney will start making higher quality stuff with the surplus add money (as Ider said they should ... marvel)
& Disney willl fix share price 'post' covid.

I guess not yet enough publicity of the ills on other platforms - somewhat ironic that parents (and thus advertisers) aren't more concerned by either the grooming,
or self-harming proliferation on tik-tok etc etc.

These companies are all controlled by the same sort of people who used to control Twitter. The same mind virus that needs rooting out at the stem.

Then what happens is platforms like this eventually gets ruined when rules become so tight you can't go to the toilet without been banned or people leave because they don't get their own way with said free speech in the channels like General Discussion / Speakers Corner. Eventually these places die out.

These companies are all controlled by the same sort of people who used to control Twitter. The same mind virus that needs rooting out at the stem.

A mind virus… :cry:

I don’t think we have an emoji that adequately expresses the astonishing levels of extreme facepalmery and outright cringeworthiness that this comment gives rise to, do we?

I’m not sure you appreciate just how unhinged using language like that makes someone appear.

Last edited:
Then what happens is platforms like this eventually gets ruined when rules become so tight you can't go to the toilet without been banned or people leave because they don't get their own way with said free speech in the channels like General Discussion / Speakers Corner. Eventually these places die out.
Gotta filter out the trash some how.

A mind virus… :cry:

I don’t think we have an emoji that adequately expresses the astonishing levels of extreme facepalmery and outright cringeworthiness that this comment gives rise to, do we?

The rabid ramblings of this thread represent a perfect example of the mind virus. There's no objectivity, clarity and fairness when discussing Elon Musk. Ignore the vast amount of positives and scream about the negatives, or just see the negative in everything.

You can find examples of that sort of thing on every social media platform. People like you don't look though because you have an agenda.

I agree, it’s everywhere. The difference is if you report this kind of content on somewhere like Facebook, it’s likely to be removed. On X, it won’t be.

I agree, it’s everywhere. The difference is if you report this kind of content on somewhere like Facebook, it’s likely to be removed. On X, it won’t be.

We've literally witnessed on this forum Nazi content get banned. However Twitter does have more freedom to express views, there will be by definition things we disagree with and find abhorrent. The danger of banning everything you disagree with is that the line is constantly moving.

Last edited:
The rabid ramblings of this thread represent a perfect example of the mind virus. There's no objectivity, clarity and fairness when discussing Elon Musk. Ignore the vast amount of positives and scream about the negatives, or just see the negative in everything.

That’s really not true though is it?

What’s actually happening, as far as I can see, is that you’ve been performing ever more extreme and increasingly bizarre mental gymnastics, in order to continue your defence of the indefensible; even if that means continuously contradicting yourself.

You’re completely incapable of laying any criticism whatsoever at Elon Musk, to the point that your behaviour could be described as cult-like.

Last edited:

Struggling to find a positive about twitter really...

That’s really not true though is it?

What’s actually happening, as far as I can see, is that you’ve been performing ever more extreme and increasingly bizarre mental gymnastics, in order continue your defence of the indefensible; even if that means continuously contradicting yourself.

You’re completely incapable of laying any criticism whatsoever at Elon Musk, to the point that your behaviour could be described as cult-like.

It's interesting that the term "mind virus" is used by the very same people that get so easily sucked into cult-like support for someone. Same thing happens with Trump.

It's just projection all the time.

We've literally witnessed on this forum Nazi content get banned. However Twitter does have more freedom to express views, there will be by definition things we disagree with and find abhorrent. The danger of banning everything you disagree with is that the line is constantly moving.

It's clearly a hate post and should be removed. I have reported it as I'm sure many others have, it's still up an hour later which isn't great. Let's see if it stays up. Doesn't bode well for the site you blindly defend.

It's clearly a hate post and should be removed. I have reported it as I'm sure many others have, it's still up an hour later which isn't great. Let's see if it stays up. Doesn't bode well for the site you blindly defend.

There are 500 million tweets per day, and you're complaining a post is still up "an hour later" which you think "isn't great". Did the Earth explode while this Tweet was up?

There are 500 million tweets per day, and you're complaining a post is still up "an hour later" which you think "isn't great". Did the Earth explode while this Tweet was up?
Ah ok, so it's fine to spread hate because twitter sacked all of their staff that used to do this job LOL. Couldn't possibly expect a social media company to be able to moderate content posted huh. I see how low your standards are. Anything to defend your lover Musk.

I hope the likes of the EU come down hard on them.

Ah ok, so it's fine to spread hate because twitter sacked all of their staff that used to do this job LOL. Couldn't possibly expect a social media company to be able to moderate content posted huh. I see how low your standards are. Anything to defend your lover Musk.

I hope the likes of the EU come down hard on them.

I just think your expectation of how quickly things should get moderated aren't really reasonable considering the size and scale of the internet. You did remember you can block posts instantly right?

"Mind virus" really is the catch word of the right /alt-right at the moment. And the people who don't think like you need rooting out do they. Hmm we've heard this kind of talk before.

TBH its all sounding like another one of your conspiracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom