The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
twitters problem is it's just twitter and they have no other apps/sites that are really popular where advertisers can't afford to not be

What is a solution to this?

Like I said before, this is an Elon problem. Go f yourself didn't fall out of anyone's mouth but his. Then Walmart pulls out from advertising.

Elon even said it himself. If dinsey and apple are advertising on twitter that is a sign twitter is trustworthy or some sort of line like that. Now they aren't. So now is it, this is a sign that Disney are being run by mega corps out to get poor Elon? When Disney advertise its because twitter is great. When they don't, it's because Disney are run by bad people.

At the end of the day, it boils down to Elon's problem which imo he does nothing to solve, and that's mainly because Elon is the issue.

I've said before, the example of the BP oil spill is a great example of what happens to a perfectly fine ceo if they say one bad thing that gets bad press and tarnishes the companies name. Those companies are smart and know the ceo has to go to continue having trust in the BP brand, not because of the wider public, but because of other companies that work with bp need to know that BP is capable of dealing with bad press accordingly without making more bad press.

Elon makes bad press, and then to address the bad press, he makes more bad press. And to address that bad press, when his customers are saying "show us you can be trusted" he says "go f yourself"

In any other company he'd have been removed ages ago. But he can't be removed and he's surrounded by yes men and 150 million simps.

So what is the solution that twitter and more so Elon can do?

Last edited:
elon is he even the richest man in the world now? and all his wealth is trapped in Tesla and spacex

didn't he over leverage himself buying twitter for a really dumb price?

Ah, the quantum state of Elon Musk again.

Both the richest most successful man in the world, and the man whos wealth is imaginary and meaningless at the same time.

Before proceeding, please choose whichever is most convenient for one's argument.

What is a solution to this?

Like I said before, this is an Elon problem. Go f yourself didn't fall out of anyone's mouth but his. Then Walmart pulls out from advertising.

Elon even said it himself. If dinsey and apple are advertising on twitter that is a sign twitter is trustworthy or some sort of line like that. Now they aren't. So now is it, this is a sign that Disney are being run by mega corps out to get poor Elon? When Disney advertise its because twitter is great. When they don't, it's because Disney are run by bad people.

At the end of the day, it boils down to Elon's problem which imo he does nothing to solve, and that's mainly because Elon is the issue.

I've said before, the example of the BP oil spill is a great example of what happens to a perfectly fine ceo if they say one bad thing that gets bad press and tarnishes the companies name. Those companies are smart and know the ceo has to go to continue having trust in the BP brand, not because of the wider public, but because of other companies that work with bp need to know that BP is capable of dealing with bad press accordingly without making more bad press.

Elon makes bad press, and then to address the bad press, he makes more bad press. And to address that bad press, when his customers are saying "show us you can be trusted" he says "go f yourself"

In any other company he'd have been removed ages ago. But he can't be removed and he's surrounded by yes men and 150 million simps.

So what is the solution that twitter and more so Elon can do?
Preferably nothing.

Companies failing is good for capitalism, companies being put on life support through meaningless soundbites (too big to fail, Frieze peaches) is bad for capitalism. No company has any right whatsoever to survive beyond it's relevance and competitiveness.

Last edited:
Ah, the quantum state of Elon Musk again.

Both the richest most successful man in the world, and the man whos wealth is imaginary and meaningless at the same time.

Before proceeding, please choose whichever is most convenient for one's argument.

Quite.

Much like Twitter itself. Simultaneously the largest and most important social media site where being blocked from it is tantamount to having your freedom of speech stolen from you...and a podunk little site getting pushed around by the bigger boys. Just depends on which argument someone wants to make that day.

Quite.

Much like Twitter itself. Simultaneously the largest and most important social media site where being blocked from it is tantamount to having your freedom of speech stolen from you...and a podunk little site getting pushed around by the bigger boys. Just depends on which argument someone wants to make that day.

No one said it was the largest, definitely the most important though. Most young people don't use Twitter, most older people don't; a lot of people don't use Twitter. However, most Politicians, Journalist, Scientists, Governments, etc, do use Twitter. You know this deep down, not sure why people make these intellectually dishonest arguments.

What, like claiming Elon Musk and Twitter are "the little guys"...

Tesla is big in the car industry, SpaceX is big in the satelite industry; Twitter is a much smaller tech company than Microsoft, Apple, Google and Meta. How is this hard to understand? You're still making dishonest arguments and straw manning because you aren't this dumb.

Last edited:
Tesla is big in the car industry, SpaceX is big in the satelite industry; Twitter is a much smaller tech company than Microsoft, Apple, Google and Meta. How is this hard to understand? You're still making dishonest arguments and straw manning because you aren't this dumb.
A perfect example of roar never posting in this thread any more

Watch out guys. This is an Elon thread. Roar is rock hard right now! You don't want to wake the beast and have him call you dumb

Last edited:
Most young people don't use Twitter, most older people don't; a lot of people don't use Twitter.

To put that in perspective about 95% of the worlds population don't use twitter.

I would imagine a larger amount read tweets but don't actively post, but then they're not the ones thinking Twitter is the be all and end all of freedumb of speech

Last edited:
Reactions: JRS

No. A company bought, owned and run by the richest man in the world cannot be concerned one of "the little guys".

ROFL, they only just made the top 15 in 2022.

This is why Tesla is vastly overpriced.
It will correct one day, its just a matter of when.

IMO when is the point when the legacy automakers are mainly/fully EV.
At that point I think its hard to imagine Tesla will have any of their early mover advantage left, or at least it will likely be minor.

This is why Tesla is vastly overpriced.
It will correct one day, its just a matter of when.

IMO when is the point when the legacy automakers are mainly/fully EV.
At that point I think its hard to imagine Tesla will have any of their early mover advantage left, or at least it will likely be minor.

Or maybe people don't realise Tesla isn't just a automotive company, it's a tech company, with the potential for Starlink, SpaceX, Twitter and Tesla to come under the umbrella of X.com. No different to Berkshire. It's why Chanos has been killed over the last 8 years shorting Tesla and probably why Tesla is now part of the Mag7. It's more than just a automotive company.

Last edited:
ROFL, they only just made the top 15 in 2022.

Is the 10th largest big? Because it sure don't seem so when #1 has a revenue of almost $38bn while SpaceX is $500m.

Murphy, none of that is even relevant to the point regarding Twitter. Are you paying attention to the actual direction of the conversation or just trying to point score? Do you think I give a single ****, genuinely?

Twitter is a much smaller tech company than Microsoft, Apple, Google and Meta. How is this hard to understand? You're still making dishonest arguments and straw manning because you aren't this dumb.

Calling Twitter a tech company, rather than a social media company, and comparing it to companies like Microsoft and Apple is a bit of a dishonest argument to make too?

It's simple. dlockers laughs at someone, he loses his privileges.
i-bert laughs at someone, and he retains his privilege.

I'm gonna buy this damn website and make it great again

Edit: I am a reaction smilie absolutist.

The rules apply differently to different people.

Some are allowed/encouraged to troll, others get banned for pointing this out.

Murphy, none of that is even relevant to the point regarding Twitter. Are you paying attention to the actual direction of the conversation or just trying to point score? Do you think I give a single ****, genuinely?
Then why did you bring them up?
Tesla is big in the car industry, SpaceX is big in the satelite industry
Are you paying attention to the actual direction of the conversation or just trying to point score? Do you think I give a single ****, genuinely?

Or maybe people don't realise Tesla isn't just a automotive company, it's a tech company, with the potential for Starlink, SpaceX, Twitter and Tesla to come under the umbrella of X.com. No different to Berkshire. It's why Chanos has been killed over the last 8 years shorting Tesla and probably why Tesla is now part of the Mag7. It's more than just a automotive company.

Kind of.

Elon claims they are a tech company, but the majority of their income comes from car sales, not tech.
But really that was my point, their value is really based on the fact they are ahead of the curve in EV tech.
When they lose that position, and they will, then their value will come to light as highly over valued.

From what I can tell they have very little (but do have some) value outside EV automotive.

Kind of.

Elon claims they are a tech company, but the majority of their income comes from car sales, not tech.
But really that was my point, their value is really based on the fact they are ahead of the curve in EV tech.
When they lose that position, and they will, then their value will come to light as highly over valued.

From what I can tell they have very little (but do have some) value outside EV automotive.

Their profit comes from cars at the moment, but the stock market loves a speculation, and when you have potentially 4 massive companies coming under one umbrella name with Musk at the helm then fundamentals go out the window. Despite what media and this thread says, Wall Street love Musk and his companies. Plus you add in the fact that most of these stock prices, especially the MAG7 who make up the largest weightings, it's all driven by passive flows rather than the underlying fundamentals.

Last edited:
Their profit comes from cars at the moment, but the stock market loves a speculation, and when you have potentially 4 massive companies coming under one umbrella name with Musk at the helm then fundamentals go out the window. Despite what media and this thread says, Wall Street love Musk and his companies. Plus you add in the fact that most of these stock prices, especially the MAG7 who make up the largest weightings, it's all driven by passive flows rather than the underlying fundamentals.

The point is they (Tesla) don't really have any passive flows. They have a business thats vastly current income based, based on car sales.
They have an investor base thats assuming that tech side they have is 1) real (plenty of people think its also a bubble to burst in regards some of the AI stuff etc), 2) actually develop into marketable and saleable future revenue as opposed to just currently being used by tesla in their cars.

Yes they are kind of loved by wall street, but thats beside the point. Its happened to many many companies that bubble bursts.

Come under X, maybe. Thats just pure speculation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom