US: The Orville

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Nice to have Troi cameo this episode, still would but its sad to hear she wants 'million's to put on the starfeet uniform again yet happy to do a 1 minute cameo.

Anyone spot Worf's brother playing the moclan towards the end and I swear they used some TNG music in it also when the moclan vessel appeared too.

Soldato
They literally have the entire of space to play with :confused:

I remember seeing the teaser for season 2 and I swear (without going back and checking) they were strongly hinting that they would be venturing into the great unknown and having adventures.

Having The Orville become "The Bortus and Klyden Marital Disharmony Show" is not what I signed up for :(

....... I'll still keep watching. :D

That's exactly how i feel, although the actual story once it got going was quite good (Sanctuary) - if this episode had come in between different subject matter then it could have been a very good episode, as it is, it is just another after another story involving Moclans and Bortus and Cleetus' relationship.

A laser battle set to Dolly Parton had me laughing though!

And some great cameos throughout the show - Candyman and Councillor Troy - i wonder if any of the Captains will ever cameo.

Haven't watched last nights episode.............................

Soldato
I found it hard to concentrate on the story because bewbs.

Hell yeah - Fauxlivia/Faux Kelly nom nom nom. Also:

MV5BMjA0MzYzNzY3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM4ODM4NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,422,1000_AL_.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740828/mediaindex?ref_=tt_pv_mi_sm

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Excellent finish and yeah glad no cliff hanger just in case orville season 3 doesn't happen, however rating the entire season it did feel like 80% of it was about relationship and love stories and we really only had those 2 parter and finale episodes which stood out, the finale showed they do not need explosions always to make a good episode since it was just well written and well produced.

They even used I think it was one of the star trek films music in the finale well changed it a little ;)

Soldato
The mid season cliff hanger episodes were great. On the whole, this season was absolute trash.

Disagree, yes some not so great episodes, but i think on the whole it was a great season. All the ST series has some dodgy episodes - so The Orville is nothing different.

Hopefully the writers etc will see what worked and what didn't and maybe they will be back with a bigger and better S3................or it gets cancelled!

Permabanned
I'm sure I read something yesterday claiming this was renewed for a 3rd season.

Not sure how I feel about it really, I haven't watched the end of season 2 yet, not much incentive considering the quality of the show.

Associate
Didn't think the second series was that bad tbh, and it scratches an itch that Discovery doesn't.

My main issue is that nothing in the final episodes matched the scope of that Kaylon midseason stuff Kind of wish they'd done that as the finale instead and saved the finale plot for next season.

Permabanned
Didn't think the second series was that bad tbh, and it scratches an itch that Discovery doesn't.

My main issue is that nothing in the final episodes matched the scope of that Kaylon midseason stuff Kind of wish they'd done that as the finale instead and saved the finale plot for next season.

Too much cringe, you can watch Star Trek with your family, but not The Orville, it's just awkward so I don't bother anymore.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Too much cringe, you can watch Star Trek with your family, but not The Orville, it's just awkward so I don't bother anymore.

You can't watch STD by yourself, let alone with anyone. It might not be "too much cringe", instead it's just wall-to-wall lousy writing, overly earnest acting and your brains leaking out of your ears at the stupidity of it all.

Permabanned
You can't watch STD by yourself, let alone with anyone. It might not be "too much cringe", instead it's just wall-to-wall lousy writing, overly earnest acting and your brains leaking out of your ears at the stupidity of it all.

Meh, let's not pit one series against another.

The writing in The Orville is not great either, the worst thing about The Orville is I just don't care about any of the characters and the casting is just bad, I bet they never even did traditional casting for this, Seth just made some phone calls and got his friends on board, whether or not they're right for the role is clearly not relevant to him.

Back
Top Bottom