*** The OS X Lion Thread ***

Permabanned
20110719-mum7p3jkxwyu64emaps3ag6bf7.jpg

http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/

Released 20th July 2011.

Permabanned
OP
I am looking forward to the release tomorrow. I have waited for the official release so I have not had any previews.

So far I have deleted old apps that I do not use, repaired disk permissions and run cleanmymac.

Luckily I am at home tomorrow so I can download straight away :)

Please can we have any program incompatabilities in here as well.

Soldato
What's everyone's upgrade plan?

my SL install is from release day and i think i could do with a clean install but not sure if i can be bothered with the hassle of losing application settings etc I will have to weigh up the hassle factor of doing a clean install....

Soldato
So, how are people upgrading, are you going to format/reinstall 10.6 then install 10.7 or simply update?

I might try that dvd install thats been mentioned, I'd like to have a fresh install of 10.7 right off the bat.

Soldato
I only got my macbook a couple of weeks ago so think I will just straight upgrade to it, not exactly an old install on here :p

Can't wait for this :D

Got the joy of downloading it on 1mb internet yet though :(

Associate
Should be free for you

I only got my macbook a couple of weeks ago so think I will just straight upgrade to it, not exactly an old install on here :p

Can't wait for this :D

Got the joy of downloading it on 1mb internet yet though :(

So long as you purchased (I assume new) after the release was officially announced on 6 June.

I recently got two new machines so am just waiting to see what the deal is (whether the app store will allow free download) or if one needs to contact apple as was the case in the past.

Permabanned
I have to phone Apple tomorrow to get them to sort out my bloody MobileMe syncing anyway as theres a duplicate client in my client and schema folder which is messing with syncing (tried everything to remove it and it simply won't budge. It would save a lot of hassle if we were given permissions to delete the files ourselves, I'm sure most don't go looking in that directory in iDisk much anyway). So once I've done that, it'll be a fresh install of SL and then Lion update.

Caporegime
Anyone planning on installing this on "older" hardware? I have a pre unibody MacBookPro (4,1) and am debating the upgrade. For that matter, has anyone installed the previews etc on such hardware?

I believe Lion has new gestures for trackpad users. Currently I use 4 fingers down for "Expose/show apps" and 4 up for "Expose/show desktop". Is this still do-able in Lion?
Edit: quick google explains the changes: http://www.touchusability.com/blog/2011/6/10/trackpad-gestures-in-mac-os-x-lion.html & http://vinceyuan.blogspot.com/2011/03/exploring-mac-os-x-lion-2-trackpad.html

Also Tiger > Leopard seemed a big change. Leopard > Snow Leopard not so much. How does Snow Leopard to Lion compare?

rp2000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom