• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
About 75 degrees at full load. Then the fan gets really audible. I can hear it playing cities skylines. Im tempted to send this back to ****** and swap it for an Aorus or whatever they're called.
I'm starting to see why some of these cards have massive coolers.
As other have said get rid that g1 heatsink cant cope with the heat, swap it for the aourus/gaming x/amp extreme, in the long run you will kick yourself if you keep it.

Soldato
As other have said get rid that g1 heatsink cant cope with the heat, swap it for the aourus/gaming x/amp extreme, in the long run you will kick yourself if you keep it.

I have both the Gaming OC card and an MSI Gaming X card sat in front of me. From the tests I've done the difference isn't exactly massive. Yes the MSI is a bit cooler and quieter, but their clocks speeds top out at roughly the same point albeit with the Gigabyte's core clocks fluctuating more under extreme loads due to power limitations.

With that said, the price point for the Gigabyte Gaming OC is a bit off, it shouldn't really be anymore than £720ish imo. If you're paying £750/£760 for this card then do yourself a favour and swap it for a similarly priced Aorus/MSI Gaming X as they are overall a little better - just don't expect much in the way of better clocks.

Soldato
I'm glad I have a decent pair of noise cancelling headphones, the reference coolers on these really aren't great. Set to the highest power limit it sounds pretty close to my old reference R9 290X.

Associate
I'm glad I have a decent pair of noise cancelling headphones, the reference coolers on these really aren't great. Set to the highest power limit it sounds pretty close to my old reference R9 290X.
Yeah, the cooling performance to noise ratio has been very poor for the longest time on the reference/Founders cards unfortunately.

Soldato
Just pre-ordered a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme. Wanted to order from OCUK but is a £50 mark up so have ordered elsewhere. Seen some very nice reviews on here and been thinking over the past few days to go back to a single card. But have now decided to go back on Air aswell (GPU side, cpu remaining on the custom loop)

Every game i'm playing runs just fine with a single Ti and i'm wanting to move away from watercooled GPU's and SLI now. Mainly SLI problems which while nice when it works is frustrating when it doesn't. And the cost for two cards plus the cost of the blocks and time it takes to fit/remove the block and card in general.

I'm pretty confident i'll be happy with the noise of the card from reviews and users here and it does look great. If its too loud for me then i'll stick a block on it once EK release but hopefully I won't need too.

Probably be a while until I get my hands on it as i've pre-ordered so late but looking forward to it. Choice was this or the Gaming X but decided on this due to reviews/looks and Gigabyte's UK warranty too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Just pre-ordered a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme. Wanted to order from OCUK but is a £50 mark up so have ordered elsewhere. Seen some very nice reviews on here and been thinking over the past few days to go back to a single card. But have now decided to go back on Air aswell (GPU side, cpu remaining on the custom loop)

Every game i'm playing runs just fine with a single Ti and i'm wanting to move away from watercooled GPU's and SLI now. Mainly SLI problems which while nice when it works is frustrating when it doesn't. And the cost for two cards plus the cost of the blocks and time it takes to fit/remove the block and card in general.

I'm pretty confident i'll be happy with the noise of the card from reviews and users here and it does look great. If its too loud for me then i'll stick a block on it once EK release but hopefully I won't need too.

Probably be a while until I get my hands on it as i've pre-ordered so late but looking forward to it. Choice was this or the Gaming X but decided on this due to reviews/looks and Gigabyte's UK warranty too.

that and reps are easier to get a hold of haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom