The Pre-Season Friendly Thread

Don
OP
Shamikebab said:
Thats pretty debatable tbh, Petrov and Maxi Rodriguez on the wings!
2 decent wingers at best (and if you didn't know Torres played on the left last year) compared with playing with the likes of Gerrard & Alonso as well as the likes of Babel, Kewell and Benayoun (and Pennant) on our wings. Doesn't seem debatable at all to me.

Caporegime
Well Babel's pretty unproven, a talent no doubt but he'll take time to settle. Kewell is the new Darren Anderton basically :p and Pennant.....come on :p

Compare that to Petrov and Maxi who are both experienced wingers at both club and international level.

Benayoun is very good though, probably Liverpools best signing this summer imo.

Soldato
Since we are talking about Liverpool here is an interesting link. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZrzE51luM - 11 reasons why Liverpool are gonna win the league ;)

BaZ87 said:
Sort of, he's more of a box to box player but even if you class him as an dm then it depends on his cost; at £25m for him and £5m for Sissoko then i'll take Sissoko.

I'd take Essien at £25mill over Sissoko at £5mill.

Don
OP
True Kewell's a crock but when fit he's still a decent player and imo he along with Benayoun and Babel are as good if not better than both Petrov and Rodriguez.

I put Pennant in brackets because i can't stand him but he's another attacking player where as Athletico had just those 2.

Im excited and nervous about Babel. The bits ive seen of him, he looks a decent player and with his size, pace and power he shouldn't struggle with the pace/power of the epl but if he doesn't work out and with no certainty over Kewell we may be short down our left.

Soldato
found it but the comments contain swearies, search 1 reason why liverpool won't win the league on youtube and you'd have it.

Associate
Just saw the gerrard punch on Sky Sports News. He really had a go at him, he should really get a ban for that 3 match at least.

In other news, Alan Smith looks like a good buy for newcastle, Scored a confident goal today. But then again, i thought gerrards goal was a moment of genius.

Don
OP
Geordie_Boy said:
Just saw the gerrard punch on Sky Sports News. He really had a go at him, he should really get a ban for that 3 match at least.
It was more of a push than a punch. Should have been sent off but fortunately he only got a booking and as the ref saw it, it can't be reviewed so can't get a suspension.

Associate
BaZ87 said:
It was more of a push than a punch. Should have been sent off but fortunately he only got a booking and as the ref saw it, it can't be reviewed so can't get a suspension.
Well, didn't really get a good view on it. Will have to look at it tommorow. By the punching of footballers standerds, ie Handbags. It was a full blown punch.

Back
Top Bottom