• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Oh and my roll of honour entry
A805C208-4F00-43CA-8A2E-162FBCD7F63F.jpg

Think Kaap missed this?
Cheers

I've added more LED to my case so the card is more lit up now, hard to get nice photos though.

Cool whine still bad and cards fan isn't very quiet. Really want to do a full water loop but can't justify price right now.

Man of Honour
OP
Think Kaap missed this?
Cheers

I've added more LED to my case so the card is more lit up now, hard to get nice photos though.

Cool whine still bad and cards fan isn't very quiet. Really want to do a full water loop but can't justify price right now.

Sorry

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Reference, Benny144, Link, Date 11/02/2016
Reference, Boomstick777, Link, Date 08/02/2016
Reference, Radox-0, Link, Date 13/10/2015
Reference, spikerules, Link, Date 12/10/2015

PylsbsH.png

Man of Honour
OP
Mornin
Guys i am seeing the card climb to 84c
Any idea whats the throttle cutoff on these?
Tried playing around with fans and its not it
Heres my little contribution to the thread :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Reference, CivilDrone, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Panos, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Benny144, Link, Date 11/02/2016
Reference, Boomstick777, Link, Date 08/02/2016
Reference, Radox-0, Link, Date 13/10/2015
Reference, spikerules, Link, Date 12/10/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your R9 Nano.

Soldato
The card will throttle well before hitting 83 degrees, it starts to dynamically reduce core clock when in the high 60's from what I recall when mine was under air increases as temp rises. I normally topped out at around 76 - 78 degrees with the stock fan profile by which point the card had reduced the core clock to around the high 8xx Mhz which seems to tally with what other users are seeing: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_nano_review,13.html

I would probably check the temps and see what the core clock is reporting back, if its reducing core clock behaviour that would be normal. Does it also go to those temps with the fans ramped up very high?

Soldato
Oddly enough still trying to find out why my Nano seems to perform better in terms of score at 1120-1125 mark, but going over on the core actually starts to reduce the results. Tis very bizarre.

Probably some form of error correction kicking in. I notice the same if I push my R9-290's memory too high, it will go higher than 1500, but if I do, the error correction forces the score downwards.

Caporegime
Based on my personal experience with using many Fiji Asics, you should all aim for 1100/545 for your minimum 24/7 clocks. It will give a performance boost of around 6-10%. This should be achievable by most GPUs, with a small voltage bump if needed. On the Fury X, you should not see any noticeable increase in temperatures.

Associate
I've stopped at 1080 for now because it was working without boostign voltageand i ran out of time for further testing.

One guide i found (not the OCuK forum one) said when using afterburner to not only ramp the power limit all the way up to start with but also the voltage, I didn't follow this advice (despite being from a reputable site and a top google hit) because that seems not quite right!

Associate
Core overclocking definitely scales with HBM overclocking, so if you are looking for the best results you'll need to overclock the memory. Refer to my previous spoiler post to understand how HBM overclocking works.

Interesting stuff, so I've got my memory at 545 right now, should I run it at 546 (due to your post saying 545.5), then the next step is a massive leap to 600 memory?

Back
Top Bottom