• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 Owners Thread.

Man of Honour
OP
guess ill be drunk and pip you to the post :p

SU0RBwo.jpg

sapphire pulse 5700 and a load of cat 5 cables for my consoles hanging down :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

07Qm3Am.jpg

Date 07/12/2019, Make Sapphire Pulse, Yrkoon, Link
Date 25/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Treetops422, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700.

Associate
Thread resurrection..!

Doesn't seem like this is a very popular card on here but here is mine. Got it as a discounted B grade :)

JmhrolD.jpg

I've undervolted it by 100mV and the card happily runs at stock speeds but produces less heat and therefore runs quieter.
Average power consumption during load 115W.
Also modded the BIOS so that at idle fans run at a whisper quiet 700rpm.

Soldato
And another resurrection.

blO1INF.jpg.png

Running really well now so not in a rush to undervolt/overclock yet.

Did try the XT bios flash though, but came back with "Subsystem ID Mismatch" or something like that.

Soldato

blO1INF.jpg.png

Did try the XT bios flash though, but came back with "Subsystem ID Mismatch" or something like that.
I have a feeling that it will come up with that when flashing but you can force it to overwrite, that's what the old cards years ago last time I flashed used to do, but obviously it's risky as it anything like that.

Soldato
I have a feeling that it will come up with that when flashing but you can force it to overwrite, that's what the old cards years ago last time I flashed used to do, but obviously it's risky as it anything like that.

Been reading about the forced flash, but only used GUI programs before on Nvidia and was hoping AMD would just work the same. Will probably try it some time though as i keep reading this GPU is perfect for the XT bios.

Soldato
Been reading about the forced flash, but only used GUI programs before on Nvidia and was hoping AMD would just work the same. Will probably try it some time though as i keep reading this GPU is perfect for the XT bios.
Exactly it's even the reference card you couldn't get a better match tbh. Good luck and let us know how it goes if you force flash it. it might be worth thinking though, have you got a spare card i.e. think of worst case, you brick it and it won't take it, you can flash from another card onto this one if you put a 2nd card in the machine so that way at least you can get your original BIOS back. Also, use GPUZ and backup your current BIOS so you've got that backup!

Soldato
No spare GPU, but have onboard graphics. (if that's good enough)

Already used GP-Z to backup the bios, only thing i could mange to do. :p

Will deffo keep you updated if/when i pluck up the courage to do it. :D

Man of Honour
OP
Thread resurrection..!

Doesn't seem like this is a very popular card on here but here is mine. Got it as a discounted B grade :)

JmhrolD.jpg

I've undervolted it by 100mV and the card happily runs at stock speeds but produces less heat and therefore runs quieter.
Average power consumption during load 115W.
Also modded the BIOS so that at idle fans run at a whisper quiet 700rpm.

blO1INF.jpg.png

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

07Qm3Am.jpg

Date 04/07/2020, Make MSI Gaming X, freddie64, Link
Date 22/04/2019, Make AMD Reference, Infiniteey, Link
Date 07/12/2019, Make Sapphire Pulse, Yrkoon, Link
Date 25/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Treetops422, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700.

Soldato
Exactly it's even the reference card you couldn't get a better match tbh. Good luck and let us know how it goes if you force flash it. it might be worth thinking though, have you got a spare card i.e. think of worst case, you brick it and it won't take it, you can flash from another card onto this one if you put a 2nd card in the machine so that way at least you can get your original BIOS back. Also, use GPUZ and backup your current BIOS so you've got that backup!

Got it done. Easier than i imagined. :)

rtk4FwC.png

Soldato
Got it done. Easier than i imagined. :)

rtk4FwC.png

interesting... also you're running PCIE1.1 there mate get that changed... also, weid that you have more shaders than a genuine 5700XT lol, this is mine

GPU.JPG

LRT

LRT

Associate
Hi folks,

Anyone here running 5700 (not XT) with 21:9 3440X1440? For someone who enjoys detailed textures more than any AA method more advanced than FXAA, would 5700 cope well with UWQHD?

Cheers
lrt

Soldato
Well i am back to 5700 none XT. :(

Tried a few games and was just crashing and freezing. Think it may be Drivers though as when/if it crashes to desktop, i can't open AMD Control panel.

Flashed back to original bios and all is fine again.

Soldato
Well i am back to 5700 none XT. :(

Tried a few games and was just crashing and freezing. Think it may be Drivers though as when/if it crashes to desktop, i can't open AMD Control panel.

Flashed back to original bios and all is fine again.
Yeah mate always hit and miss tbh... some it works some it looks like it and doesn't... looks like you're the latter. However, still a great card and as long as it's reliable, just find out what your core and memory clocks can be put to and enjoy

Associate
I had a lot of crashes with this card, then I did a clean re-install.....was fine for a while...
crashed a few times out of the blue after a windows update, installed the latest drivers and now it's crashed 3 times during my stream tonight

any ideas? I need this to run

Back
Top Bottom