• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
But if you set it at 2100mhz at 1100\1150mv, your getting better performance, lower temps, and more efficient card than leaving it at stock to do its thing. Plus, it's not much hassle with a simple 2 setting change?
I've adjusted mine to your recommended settings - now, it was on 2070mhz and 1200mah so a small adjustment - didnt have 10% power limit enabled so also did that.

What do you have VRAM tuned to? mine is default at 1750mhz

Also card is on water so temps wise I should be fine.

Caporegime
I've adjusted mine to your recommended settings - now, it was on 2070mhz and 1200mah so a small adjustment - didnt have 10% power limit enabled so also did that.

What do you have VRAM tuned to? mine is default at 1750mhz

Also card is on water so temps wise I should be fine.
Update on this, 2100mhz at 1100mah with 10% caused my card to crash when loading gears 5 - I increased the voltage to 1150mah and was then able to run gears 5. :) - will play some tomorrow to check the stability but it played 5 minutes with no issues.

Soldato
Update on this, 2100mhz at 1100mah with 10% caused my card to crash when loading gears 5 - I increased the voltage to 1150mah and was then able to run gears 5. :) - will play some tomorrow to check the stability but it played 5 minutes with no issues.
Trust me, run OCCT on the GPU test and if it lasts 15 minutes without reporting errors then it's 100% stable, anything else and it's not. You'd be surprised that you can run some games stable then others just crumble, BF5 being one of them and also COD Warzone... I've had to set mine to a point that OCCT didnt' report a single error in a 1 hour test, so, yeah I could eek a little more (even 1mhz more on my core and OCCT starts reporting errors incredibly), but I know that if I run the stability tests for 1 hour, I come back error free. My BF5 and War Zone crashed at around 10 to 15 minutes in, nothing worse, you think it's stable and actually it's not.

https://www.ocbase.com/

Associate
Recommend some cable mod cables. They will really set your system off :)

Cable mods are the ones I've been looking at don't know wheather to go all white or black/white or wheather to get a cable mods replacement cable kit.

Loving this rx 5700 xt it's fast and quiet, not messed with setting other then rising the power limit I'm getting roughly 1980mhz ish at 70°c and 90°c junction temp with fans between 1400 - 1600rpm when benchmarking.

But when playing a game, as I'm only on a 1080p TV for now, and using vsync (I know but I'm OK with vsync on) it's not breaking a sweat at about 40-50% usage @1300-1500mhz with temps around 52°c and 58°c junction and fans at 1000rpm ish, in f1 2019.

Caporegime
Cable mods are the ones I've been looking at don't know wheather to go all white or black/white or wheather to get a cable mods replacement cable kit.

Looking at your setup I'd go for an all white set. I think the white cables you have now look great, colour wise. But the cablemod cables will tidy up the look a lot :)

If it were me, thats what I would do :)

Caporegime
Trust me, run OCCT on the GPU test and if it lasts 15 minutes without reporting errors then it's 100% stable, anything else and it's not. You'd be surprised that you can run some games stable then others just crumble, BF5 being one of them and also COD Warzone... I've had to set mine to a point that OCCT didnt' report a single error in a 1 hour test, so, yeah I could eek a little more (even 1mhz more on my core and OCCT starts reporting errors incredibly), but I know that if I run the stability tests for 1 hour, I come back error free. My BF5 and War Zone crashed at around 10 to 15 minutes in, nothing worse, you think it's stable and actually it's not.

https://www.ocbase.com/
Ran this for 15mins last night, zero errors :) - So we're good.

Caporegime
Nice work, I find with that one within around 8-9 minutes if it gets errors they'll show... if you tweak higher just use that thought can't think of anything that shows errors so well!
Ah I won't push it anymore. Its allowing me to run any games I want at 1440p with max settings and max my monitor at 70fps which is perfect. No need to push it further :) - but its a good test. Thanks for the heads up on it!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What do you call quite high?

AFAIK its normal for junction to get high, as it reports the hottest spot on the whole core? Isn't that the case?

Max I saw was around 100c, but with 1070mV Max is 85c. This is junction and of course it can go to 110 before it throttles but I prefer to run cooler.

Keep in mind to get a proper idea of temps running something for 30 mins gives a good indication. I can run 2150/1150 in timespy and it maxes at 85c, that's because it's not keeping the core at max the entire time and it's over quickly.

Caporegime
Max I saw was around 100c, but with 1070mV Max is 85c. This is junction and of course it can go to 110 before it throttles but I prefer to run cooler.
Oh right, then yeah I would consider that high, especially on a loop.

Mine doesn't get that high (From what I remember) - but i'll leave HWINFO running the next time I game to see what it maxes out at and report back. Running 1150mV now.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Mine doesn't get that high (From what I remember) - but i'll leave HWINFO running the next time I game to see what it maxes out at and report back. Running 1150mV now.

Yea mine was fine in benchmarks, but playing Modern Warfare for 30+ mins with HWInfo64 in the background, the max was higher. This is with 2x 360 rads and fans running at 1000rpm.

Saying that I think when I ran OCCT it would jump straight up to over 100c

Soldato
I've read that this aftermarket cooler is officially supported and is very quiet - https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/ax4.html - very good performance also. So its an option.

Thanks. Looks like a good (but rather massive) cooler. Given what I paid for the reference card, it's not worth spending that much on a cooler.

Hopefully a bit of undervolting will bring it down to acceptable levels. I did run 2 x 290 reference cards many years ago so I've experienced worse :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Just ran 2150/1150 in Heaven and as you can see, pretty cool. Max was only 79c.

lGt8lx7.png

Caporegime
Thanks. Looks like a good (but rather massive) cooler. Given what I paid for the reference card, it's not worth spending that much on a cooler.

Hopefully a bit of undervolting will bring it down to acceptable levels. I did run 2 x 290 reference cards many years ago so I've experienced worse :p
Put a headset on and ignore it :p

Ignorance is bliss and all that xD

Back
Top Bottom