• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
EVGA aside, you won't find a vendor that is clear on the matter.

Here's an excerpt from the AMD warranty (sorry for the caps, but I'm not rewriting it):

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOUR PRODUCT IF AMD DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT THE ALLEGED FAILURE OF THE PRODUCT TO MATERIALLY CONFORM TO THE SPECIFICATIONS DOES NOT EXIST OR WAS CAUSED BY, RELATED TO OR AROSE OUT OF[...] UNAUTHORISED ATTEMPTS TO OPEN, ALTER OR MODIFY THE PRODUCT

So if they suspect you caused damage, you're on your own. Arguing that "the product" refers to the PCB only is a non-starter; that would mean the cooler doesn't constitute part of the product, and isn't covered by warranty, which is clearly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not brought one yet, but I’m very close to getting sapphire from ocuk for the warranty and cooler removal or the ae for the binned chip and gold paperweight.

I had a quick google and could not find anything that says these stickers are unenforceable in the uk. But amd aren’t clear in their t&c, fitting a waterblock is not a mortification or opening “the card” well my interpretation is “the card” is the board and the cooler is attached to the board. If they didt want people taking the cooler off the should patent a security screw

Few tips
a) Take an X-Acto no 10 blade and slowly put is flat to remove the sticker of the retention. You have to do it slowly and have very good steady hand. On that cannot help further
b) After you remove the sticker, which should be 100% intact if done properly, stick it lightly bit higher up the retention bracket.
c) Watercool as normal, but be careful with the thing.
e) In case of RMA, just put everything back together, including the original pads, use step A (should be easier but use the blade), put the sticker over the screw and job done.

AMD, MSI and Gigabyte are pretty OK if you haven't caused damage to the CPU.
Sapphire, Powercolor are kinda weird and depends the person who will inspect the card
Asus & Asrock forget about it.

Otherwise join a petition for EVGA to start selling AMD products.

Mental note. You have to screw royally and do a botched job to damage a GPU by watercooling it. In this case accept responsibility.

Associate
Few tips
a) Take an X-Acto no 10 blade and slowly put is flat to remove the sticker of the retention. You have to do it slowly and have very good steady hand. On that cannot help further
b) After you remove the sticker, which should be 100% intact if done properly, stick it lightly bit higher up the retention bracket.
c) Watercool as normal, but be careful with the thing.
e) In case of RMA, just put everything back together, including the original pads, use step A (should be easier but use the blade), put the sticker over the screw and job done.

AMD, MSI and Gigabyte are pretty OK if you haven't caused damage to the CPU.
Sapphire, Powercolor are kinda weird and depends the person who will inspect the card
Asus & Asrock forget about it.

Otherwise join a petition for EVGA to start selling AMD products.

Mental note. You have to screw royally and do a botched job to damage a GPU by watercooling it. In this case accept responsibility.
The stickers normally peel off by them self, all the ones on both my 290s have started to lift. Where do you get replacement thermal pads for the gpu?

Also has anyone downclocked a xt? I want to know because Until I upgrade my 2500k is going to be a bottleneck

Soldato
The stickers normally peel off by them self, all the ones on both my 290s have started to lift. Where do you get replacement thermal pads for the gpu?

Also has anyone downclocked a xt? I want to know because Until I upgrade my 2500k is going to be a bottleneck

You get Thermal Pad 8 if you do not want the pads coming with the waterblock. And you maintain the thermal pads your GPU has.
If the 5700XT is CPU bottlenecked it would lower clock speeds & power consumption automatically

Associate
You get Thermal Pad 8 if you do not want the pads coming with the waterblock. And you maintain the thermal pads your GPU has.
If the 5700XT is CPU bottlenecked it would lower clock speeds & power consumption automatically
It’s just the hitachi pad seem to brake apart but then again peel it off and attach to the cooler and bag it in the box. If it does go for warranty they’ll just think it broke off as they removed it if they decided to do an autopsy

Soldato
It’s just the hitachi pad seem to brake apart but then again peel it off and attach to the cooler and bag it in the box. If it does go for warranty they’ll just think it broke off as they removed it if they decided to do an autopsy

Get from somewhere the "Innovation Cooling Graphite Thermal Pad" on the 30cm^2 size. Is similar pad.
And when they tear the GPU apart it should look the same.

Associate
I give up but a gpu is getting a little stressful.
the ae is 440 but so is the nitro and red Devil, red devil looks like a oc’er with 10+1 power phases and the sapphire ref Is 380.

So the 2 ref cards could be poor clockers, the extra 60 difference for the ae over the sapphire ref really worth it?
Plus the partner boards might not clock anymore then stock. I only got 100mhz ontop of 1000mhz stock out of my 290 tri x which not bad considering it cost me 250 new. My msi only gave me 50mhz for 330

I need watercooling just because and I need overclocking so squeeze more years out of the card, I need to justify 380+

I have already gone over my upgrade budget if I get the saph ref :mad:

Associate

I downclocked my XT for gaming to around 1800MHz. Gaming clock is normally 1700 MHz.

https://i.imgur.com/8Ed2HFF.jpg

Using 993mv. I suggest you find out the minimum voltage first without underclocking. Mine stays stable at 1012mv.

Last edited:
Associate
the ae is 440 but so is the nitro and red Devil, red devil looks like a oc’er with 10+1 power phases and the sapphire ref Is 380.

So the 2 ref cards could be poor clockers, the extra 60 difference for the ae over the sapphire ref really worth it?
Plus the partner boards might not clock anymore then stock. I only got 100mhz ontop of 1000mhz stock out of my 290 tri x which not bad considering it cost me 250 new. My msi only gave me 50mhz for 330

I need watercooling just because and I need overclocking so squeeze more years out of the card, I need to justify 380+

bought the red devil and very happy with it. OC does pretty much bugger all for performance. I bought the red devil for low noise and simple looks.

Associate
bought the red devil and very happy with it. OC does pretty much bugger all for performance. I bought the red devil for low noise and simple looks.

TBH I did the same with the Sapphire Pulse as there is virtually no over clocking headroom in any of the AIB cards they're just quieter and cooler. Coming from a reference Vega 64 that was a big plus for me. The Nitro+ is maybe 2c cooler and adds about 4 fps so basically makes no difference whatsoever. Everything at stock and performance is great, tried automatic under volting and it did nothing so just leaving it as it is. Impressed with this card.

The latest Trixx software doesn't allow for over clocking which shows it's hitting the thermal head room and all it does is monitor the card. Bit disappointed that the software doesn't allow you to change the bios on the Pulse card just the Nitro+. A retrograde step from Sapphire for me they need to support all cards doing this not just the most expensive one.

Soldato

Atm going through the third month using the 5700XT AE with the blower cooler. I have over 40 days the waterblock looking at me patiently in it's box, but haven't been bothered yet. :D

Food for thought.

Associate
Atm going through the third month using the 5700XT AE with the blower cooler. I have over 40 days the waterblock looking at me patiently in it's box, but haven't been bothered yet. :D

Food for thought.
What’s ocing the ae like compared to standard, good numbers or meh?

This card has to last as long as my 290. I brought a few weeks after launch so 6 years minimum

Permabanned

Food for thought.

I think you need to install the waterblock, after all. The card will feel better.

Soldato
I think you need to install the waterblock, after all. The card will feel better.

I am starting a new contract in UK, so need to move everything back, pointless to have a loop for 1 1/2 weeks now.

What’s ocing the ae like compared to standard, good numbers or meh?

This card has to last as long as my 290. I brought a few weeks after launch so 6 years minimum

Out of the box doing 2000-2050 on GPU heavy games with small undervolt. When waterblock is installed, going to use the MorePowerTool and have some fun :D

Caporegime
I am starting a new contract in UK, so need to move everything back, pointless to have a loop for 1 1/2 weeks now.

Out of the box doing 2000-2050 on GPU heavy games with small undervolt. When waterblock is installed, going to use the MorePowerTool and have some fun :D

OT but can you recommend some settings for The Withcer 3? Been ages since i tried it and fancied giving the single player a go.

From memory i recall the game using excessive tessellation, but even maxed out the 5700 XT seems to handle it at 60FPS at 3440x1440.

That said i would like to try and increase the FPS a bit further towards 75, any tweaks you can recommend that increase FPS but don't hurt image quality?

Associate
Hi Guys, I just got myself one of these I have the Sapphire 5700XT as part of a new build, but i'm getting random system crashes and it makes no sense.

So I have a Fresh build all parts bought from here, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 on a Asus Prime x470-Pro board, the issue is when playing anything a little taxing after about 3-5 minutes I get as total system crash and reboot.

I have a 700w Bronze 80 PSU that shouldn't have any issues and system temps are all looking ok, so far only peaking at ~70 on both GPU and CPU.

I have tried a couple of versions of drivers but OCUk did all the FW on the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom