• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Trying to find an XTX that fits inside an NR200P with 330mm clearance is proving tricky. It's looking like I may need to go with a reference card, but £1100 seems obscene to me for a non-AIB card. Unless someone can find a card that fits and doesn't look ugly as sin? :D
Doesn't help you but a m8 of mine runs a ref card in his NR200P and runs nicely :)

Reference card is probably your best bet, although the cooler is better suited on the XT since they ‘fixed’ the XTX it should be good enough. Plus you can always play with the volts to get the power draw down in a small enclosure.

Not heard of any nitro pluses with bad coil whine
Well...

I have used my Nitro+ with some Deep Learning tasks (for testing for now), and in "some" configurations during training (compute tasks) it creates a weird sort of "coil whine" by creating what you'd hear normally as coil whine, but instead of a long sound, because it generates iterations so quickly, it sounds like a train on tracks running by (chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk...). Not sure if that's exclusive to my GPU only, or if it's just something most people haven't heard as they're not using it for Deep Learning application.

In games though, it's fine, no coil whine at all. :) An exceptional feat, considering I play with case (and CPU) fans that can barely be heard during the middle of the night (so you know the Nitro+ is very quiet). :)

Well...

I have used my Nitro+ with some Deep Learning tasks (for testing for now), and in "some" configurations during training (compute tasks) it creates a weird sort of "coil whine" by creating what you'd hear normally as coil whine, but instead of a long sound, because it generates iterations so quickly, it sounds like a train on tracks running by (chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk chk...). Not sure if that's exclusive to my GPU only, or if it's just something most people haven't heard as they're not using it for Deep Learning application.

In games though, it's fine, no coil whine at all. :) An exceptional feat, considering I play with case (and CPU) fans that can barely be heard during the middle of the night (so you know the Nitro+ is very quiet). :)
I think it has achieved sentience and it's trying to communicate with you ;)

Well...

Please don’t call your pc sky net. I’m getting a nervous twitch thinking about it.

Trying to find an XTX that fits inside an NR200P with 330mm clearance is proving tricky. It's looking like I may need to go with a reference card, but £1100 seems obscene to me for a non-AIB card. Unless someone can find a card that fits and doesn't look ugly as sin? :D

Pretty sure the the Nitro+ fits in that case. Someone on here already fitted one. I’ve got the same case by the way. You can also get a custom transparent side panel with better air flow.

Last edited:
Ordered a 7900xt Pulse, should be here tomorrow. Got an open box for £100 less.

Fingers crossed this is all good, as I've had god awful luck with GPUs recently. (3090ti I ordered was a scam, so was the 4080, then my 4070ti Gigabyte Eagle had fan issues...so back to the 2070 at 4k 144hz lol)

Got my money back on all of them...still a PITA though. :D

Last edited:
Ordered a 7900xt Pulse, should be here tomorrow. Got an open box for £100 less.

Fingers crossed this is all good, as I've had god awful luck with GPUs recently. (3090ti I ordered was a scam, so was the 4080, then my 4070ti Gigabyte Eagle had fan issues...so back to the 2070 at 4k 144hz lol)

Got my money back on all of them...still a PITA though. :D

Now that is a bad run, I hope it turns out this time and the open box doesn't contain a brick!

Pretty sure the the Nitro+ fits in that case. Someone on here already fitted one. I’ve got the same case by the way. You can also get a custom transparent side panel with better air flow.
Presumably it fits if mounted vertically? I'm looking to mount in the traditional horizontal way which won't fit according to the CM website:

Nitro+: 320mm length, 71.6mm height (triple slot)
NR200P: 330mm length (fine), 60mm height (although they refer to it as width on the website)

Those custom side panel options are awesome - thank you!

Compatible XTX options checked:

ASRock Phantom Gaming OC - hate the colours
Sapphire Pulse - not a fan of the red
PowerColor Hellhound - not a fan of the design
MSI Gaming Trip - an option I guess but doesn't jump out to me

Unless I've missed something then we're onto reference cards I guess.

Last edited:
Wait, I've found a build video with the PowerColour 6700 XT Hellhound which fits traditionally and that's 305mm according to the website.

gpu.jpg

This opens up some more options, in particular the Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XTX Gaming OC (301mm) which fits the black colour scheme and comes in cheaper than reference cards.

Last edited:
Is that the “standard” or “max” edition? I was tempted by the Max for my new PC but ended up going with the Lian Li O11D Mini, anyway back to the point I spent some time with the same search you’re on as my current case is the Meshify C which is 315mm with front fan fitted or 335mm without. I ended up finding there’s 4 that fit my requirements

Asrock Phantom Gaming OC
Msi Gaming Trio
Powercolor Hellhound(tho on the site it says 338mm with the anti-sag bracket, 320mm without)
Sapphire Pulse(just about fit without removing the fan)
Sapphire Nitro+

I went with the Nitro+, but upset they reduced the price by £30 about a week after I bought it tho currently it’s at £20 less than when I bought it.

Edit damn noticed you’ve already come to the same list, didn’t refresh the page from when I saw this couple of hours ago.

Last edited:
Anyone having issues specificly with DX12 games and Relive enabled causing system freezes/crashes? at first I just figured it was my aging system and windows install, however yesterday I built my new 7800x3d rig and I am having the exact same issue. At this point im not sure if my card is bad or if its just amd drivers as disabiling relive results in 0 crashing.

sidenote Relive with av1 produces extreamlly laggy videos for me, could be related perhaps?

Anyone having issues specificly with DX12 games and Relive enabled causing system freezes/crashes? at first I just figured it was my aging system and windows install, however yesterday I built my new 7800x3d rig and I am having the exact same issue. At this point im not sure if my card is bad or if its just amd drivers as disabiling relive results in 0 crashing.

sidenote Relive with av1 produces extreamlly laggy videos for me, could be related perhaps?
What are you playing it back with? My videos landed until I realised the media player I was using wasn't great at av1 decoding although they played.

Question to the 7900 XTX owners, what made you choose it over the 4080? I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.
My previous AMD cards have been great and had no problems with them. Vega 64 was a tinkers dream. The 6900xt was a good overclocker. The software suite is very good as well, and you don’t need any other software for over clocking. Raster performance for the 7900xtx is excellent and 24GB of vram is great for the mod packs I use for some older games.

Last edited:
What are you playing it back with? My videos landed until I realised the media player I was using wasn't great at av1 decoding although they played.
I've tried VLC and MPC-HC with the K-lite codec mega pack, MPC-HC seems to fair much better but still it remains laggy and freezing on a frames and such. What player would you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom