• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Struggling to upload a picture of my new purchase here via the 'insert image'.

Last edited:
That should be seen as trolling. Look at his comment here after posting that.

Suggests buying a 7900XT.

7900xt Sapphire Pulse:

Owned this card for a couple of hours; it's an absolute beast. I play 4k 144hz, and wanted 16gb+ VRAM without paying £1200 from Nvidia...

Even from the 4070ti I briefly owned, this feels a fair bit stronger in a few of the games I've tested out. (MHW, WZ2 etc)

It's practically silent when gaming, yeah there's some coil whine if I put my head under the desk...but I don't generally play games like that. :D

Definitely pumps out some heat, it's roughly 100w more than my 2070, but seems well worth. No idea how people use something like a liquid devil 7900xtx, or really anything above 450w lol.

Happy to finally get hold a card for a sensible price!

7900xt Sapphire Pulse:

Owned this card for a couple of hours; it's an absolute beast. I play 4k 144hz, and wanted 16gb+ VRAM without paying £1200 from Nvidia...

Even from the 4070ti I briefly owned, this feels a fair bit stronger in a few of the games I've tested out. (MHW, WZ2 etc)

It's practically silent when gaming, yeah there's some coil whine if I put my head under the desk...but I don't generally play games like that. :D

Definitely pumps out some heat, it's roughly 100w more than my 2070, but seems well worth. No idea how people use something like a liquid devil 7900xtx, or really anything above 450w lol.

Happy to finally get hold a card for a sensible price!
Nice, I am waiting on my replacement after sending my second card back due to the horrible coil whine.

Nice, I am waiting on my replacement after sending my second card back due to the horrible coil whine.
For the Sapphire Pulse? feels like GPUs are becoming similar to Monitors in the way you need to go through a bunch before getting a normal working one.

I've heard the Asus TUF cards are pretty bad for coil whine on the AMD side this time round as well.

For the Sapphire Pulse? feels like GPUs are becoming similar to Monitors in the way you need to go through a bunch before getting a normal working one.

I've heard the Asus TUF cards are pretty bad for coil whine on the AMD side this time round as well.
You got it right it was the TUF OC. I have had two, and both were bad with coil whine. So I am now waiting for the third.

Greetings,
With help of this Thread i found on google.com. I decided to buy AMD 7900 XT. I checked most comments about cards but i haven't seen an official owner of Sapphire Nitro Vapor 7900 XT card here yet.
I'm about to buy GPU from online web store but i just cannot decide about 2 models.
One is Sapphire Reference 7900 XT , other one is again Sapphire Nitro Vapor 7900 XT , they have small price difference. I have 1000 W psu, i live in a hot climate ( Mediterranean region ). What you owners suggest me to buy , reference or nitro vapor of this beautiful 7900xt ?

Kind Regards.

Did a bit more testing on the 7900XT and it's quite the beast.

Plague Tale Requiem was giving me just shy of 90FPS at 3440x1440 all Ultra vs my overclocked Legion (~3070 Desktop performance) managing ~65FPS at the same resolution albeit balance scaling and high settings.

Not bad, not bad.. :)

Remembered I had an 850w Corsair in an old PC that I could swap into my current system as that's just a 750w Corsair which is really on the limits of running my 7900xtx!

Not had any crashes at all as yet mind you ...

It's only a silver 80+ rating on the 850w PSU compared with 750w being gold rated - would that make much difference? I might check what the amps on the 12v rail are on the older PSU as if they're more robust that would help.

Last edited:
Greetings,
With help of this Thread i found on google.com. I decided to buy AMD 7900 XT. I checked most comments about cards but i haven't seen an official owner of Sapphire Nitro Vapor 7900 XT card here yet.
I'm about to buy GPU from online web store but i just cannot decide about 2 models.
One is Sapphire Reference 7900 XT , other one is again Sapphire Nitro Vapor 7900 XT , they have small price difference. I have 1000 W psu, i live in a hot climate ( Mediterranean region ). What you owners suggest me to buy , reference or nitro vapor of this beautiful 7900xt ?

Kind Regards.
Go for the nitro plus Vapor as the cooler is quality. As you live in a hot region that would be a good fit.

So what is the verdict on the 7900XT MBA cards? Cool, hot, noisy, quiet? AIBs worth the extra?

The reference XT is actually very good, I had one for a short while and enjoyed it a lot. Really nicely made, runs well, not overly loud and runs at an acceptable temperature range. AIB cards will performance better but it depends.

Is a Nitro worth another £150 over an 799 AIB for example? I’m not entirely sure it is and I’ve owned both.

The reference XT is actually very good, I had one for a short while and enjoyed it a lot. Really nicely made, runs well, not overly loud and runs at an acceptable temperature range. AIB cards will performance better but it depends.

Is a Nitro worth another £150 over an 799 AIB for example? I’m not entirely sure it is and I’ve owned both.
That's good to know thanks, it's on my very short list. 7900XT, one of the £630 6950XT's or see what the 7800XT brings... looking at power spikes of the 6950XT the 7900XT might be the better option with my 750W Seasonic Prime Ti.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom