• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Thanks so much for this @LtMatt this gave me a nice starting point to start fine tuning.

I'm currently using the Horizon Zero Dawn Benchmark to test my systems stability, I was having severe stuttering issues initially so I decided to do a safe mode DDU uninstall and then a clean reinstall the drivers and so far it's been a lot smoother and more stable.

2790 seems to be my max overclock on the VRAM, 2800 causes an instant crash. So I'll probably leave it at 2780 just for a little bit of headroom

Now to see if I can get lower than 1050mv stable and I'll be happy.

So far is an absolutely cracking card. The horizon benchmark so far has been a 153 FPS average at 1440p ultimate preset. I'd say that's playable.

EDIT: make that 236 FPS on the GPU, 157 on the CPU score. Wtf..
Excellent. I can get down to around 1020mv for gaming stable. Still testing, but I think 1025mv should be 100% stable. For benching if I keep the card cool enough I can get away with 990mv-1010v depending on the bench. Lower voltage, less power draw, higher benchmark score.

Caporegime
I had stuttering in Farcry 5 while running at 200+fps. Changed to fullscreen from borderless and game is much smoother
Yes, I think there might be an issue with borderless for now, so full screen preferrable atm.
Only just got mine installed. Not had a chance to play with it yet but out of the box, the max clock speed is 2975MHz. Will have a play around with it later.

Well done mate on being the third (apart from me and @gupsterg) to obey parliamentary procedure and post a stock clock frequency screenshot. @varkanoid

Mine at stock is anywhere from 3080-3105Mhz, I find it can vary between system restarts.

Feel free to try the suggested settings I posted above to get you going for a nice tune on the MBA card.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can share my on screen display overlay if anyone is interested in using it. It will enable you to monitor GPU and CPU performance metrics in game, and capture performance data such as 1% lows, average FPS etc while playing. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can write a short tutorial on how to import and use my overlay. It would require MSI Afterburner and HWINFO64 to be running. It's the same overlay I use on my YT videos, see example below.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there a concise guide on how to overclock this card? I recall with my Radeon VII you didn't adjust the clocks as much as you did the voltage and fan curve, and then benchmarked to test for the best combination of those settings. I had my 6900xt for such a short time I never overclocked that card.

Caporegime
Is there a concise guide on how to overclock this card? I recall with my Radeon VII you didn't adjust the clocks as much as you did the voltage and fan curve, and then benchmarked to test for the best combination of those settings. I had my 6900xt for such a short time I never overclocked that card.
See my post on the previous page at the bottom for some suggestions on where to start.

Associate
I can share my on screen display overlay if anyone is interested in using it. It will enable you to monitor GPU and CPU performance metrics in game, and capture performance data such as 1% lows, average FPS etc while playing. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can write a short tutorial on how to import and use my overlay. It would require MSI Afterburner and HWINFO64 to be running. It's the same overlay I use on my YT videos, see example below.
Yes please

Associate
i have been racking my brains over this for days now. short of a full system format and reboot (which I don't even think would help) or an RMA. I don't know what to do.
so far if tried updating a lot of my system drivers most of which were already up today. I have also safe mode and used ddu to uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers again.
I just don't get what's going on.
rig is
5950x overclocked 38%
Ek water block all in one 360-D
128 dd4 corsair vengeance 3200mhz
Asus rog crosshair viii hero wifi
one PCI has 3x nvmi m.2 hardrives
1 x 6tb disk drive
fully populated case with corsair ML fans 8 total
1000w corsair rm1000x
some lilan cables and a corsair commander fan controller
in a corsair carbide air 740 high airflow atx case

anyone know why I keep getting driver crashes as I now don't think its overheating as iv not seen temps even on junction over 85
stresstest.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
i have been racking my brains over this for days now. short of a full system format and reboot (which I don't even think would help) or an RMA. I don't know what to do.
so far if tried updating a lot of my system drivers most of which were already up today. I have also safe mode and used ddu to uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers again.
I just don't get what's going on.
rig is
5950x overclocked 38%
Ek water block all in one 360-D
128 dd4 corsair vengeance 3200mhz
Asus rog crosshair viii hero wifi
one PCI has 3x nvmi m.2 hardrives
1 x 6tb disk drive
fully populated case with corsair ML fans 8 total
1000w corsair rm1000x
some lilan cables and a corsair commander fan controller
in a corsair carbide air 740 high airflow atx case

anyone know why I keep getting driver crashes as I now don't think its overheating as iv not seen temps even on junction over 85
stresstest.jpg

I'd suggest reverting all settings to stock for every component, and if that doesn't work a fresh Windows install. It's a pain but not nearly as bad as it used to be. If you still have issues beyond that then definitely RMA.

Soldato
What temps are you hitting with the side panel off?

The 3080 was designed so the hot air it exhausts was pushed up into the case so it should be exhausted out of the top and rear more easily.

However this 3 fan design is pushing hot air onto your motherboard and side panel. It is likely that with the side panel on, that heat is sitting in the case as well as some of it being exhausted by your rear fan.

This would be the most obvious explanation to me if your temps are okay with the side panel off but climb with the window on.

Is your CPU AIO intake or exhaust in the roof? Exhaust might help if you happen to be using intake.

The design appears fairly typical for a GPU. 3 fans + vertical fin stack just like my previous 3080. I've tried it both horizontally and vertically but both ways with default settings the junction temp eventually creeps above 100C then rapidly jumps to 110C which is the max the "sensor" can report. The fan speeds also keep increasing to 2800 RPM and yet they have no affect on the hot spot temp.

Now looking at the various sensors using HWinfo there's ~15 temp sensors on this board and about 3 hot spot sensors which may be a calculated averages. Maybe this is where the issue lies that needs a software/firmware fix be cause when I run a benchmark I can't see any individual sensor hit anywhere near the Junction/Hotspot averaged sensor!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom