• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Just got the Sapphire pulse 7900 XT and she's a big girl. So big that she needs a supporting bracket apparently, reminds me on an ex of mine. Problem is my case thumbscrews are not long enough for the supporting bracket which is pretty thick plus the card plus the case!

Anyone else have this issue? Any workaround or do I just have to get longer case screws? Cheers!
Just fitted Sapphire 7900 xtx Nitro+ and had exactly same problem so just gently wedged a plastic bottle between corner of GPU and Case bottom.
Have just found a small packet of 3 (Longer) screws in the box which I gather are for this purpose.
Install leaflet says use screws from the case, no mention of the longer ones.
Don't know if I can be arsed to drag pc out to fit the support bracket.
(Ryzen 7800x3d - Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX - 32 gb Corsair 5600 hz - Be Quiet Pure 12 M 1000w - Sapphire 7900 xtx Nito+)

Associate
i've never owned a AMD card before,Allways been nVidia.
i'm currently looking at upgrading my GPU.But unsure if i should try 7900xt/xtx this time round. what ever card i will buy will last me 3 to 4 years untill the PS6 comes out. Then i will get a whole new build upgrade. i play the lastest games. and require 100+fps in games (if possible). i'm not sure if the extra VRAM will help at that resolution. EG: Nvidia 16GB VRAM vs the 20/24GB which AMD has.

Associate
It really demands what you have available in Chile. One country to the next can be very different. Getting a bundle from a retailer might be an option for you. (Motherboard with CPU and Ram)

They have everything here, but prices are a little bit higher for tech most of the times (My previous build i got it all during a trip to china, cheapest GTX1080 i've ever seen)

So my approach would be to sell my current elements, keep the XT and the drives, and upgrade the rest.

It's not a small operation.

Associate
They have everything here, but prices are a little bit higher for tech most of the times (My previous build i got it all during a trip to china, cheapest GTX1080 i've ever seen)

So my approach would be to sell my current elements, keep the XT and the drives, and upgrade the rest.

It's not a small operation.
Something like a B650 am5 board will be fine. Is the 7500F available locally? That or better 7600/x or 7700/x or 3d depending on pricing and budget. You'll have a good future upgrade path then too. The other thing is to get a ram kit that uses Hynix A die chips. 6000mhz CL30 expo, or 6400mhz CL32 ect.....

Soldato
I had a 7900 XTX Hellhound but the coil whine was ridiculous so have sent it back tempted to try a different brand as liked the 7900 xtx card but not sure what to go for

Associate
'Eventually' has arrived. Shiny Bykski waterblock arrived yesterday!

Now trying to build up the courage to dismantle the single most expensive item I have ever purchased...
Will be interested to find out how much you can get out of a water cooled 7900xtx I think the forum record is 450watts

Back
Top Bottom