• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Good evening everyone.
I just got a good deal for the Rx7900xt, but I'm worried, i have a 750w 80+ gold psu, i see some people say it's more than enough and others say it's not.
I hope i get help.
Pc specs, cpu R5 5600x , 16 gb 3200 ram
B550 m arous pro mb .
Just make sure it's running two separate power connectors and your golden. (GPU)

Good evening everyone.
I just got a good deal for the Rx7900xt, but I'm worried, i have a 750w 80+ gold psu, i see some people say it's more than enough and others say it's not.
I hope i get help.
Pc specs, cpu R5 5600x , 16 gb 3200 ram
B550 m arous pro mb .
If it gives you comfort i use a 650W psu with a 5800x3d and 7900xt. Runs fine, although it is a good quality PSU (which is more important than the wattage rating) and i did a fair bit of research beforehand to be sure.

I definitely wouldn’t push my system any further up the foodchain without upgrading my power supply but it’s fine and im sure yours will be too.

I've ordered the xfx flavoured one but it does seem to need a lot of power. I think I have a 750 watt psu but not certain. I think I'm going to need to upgrade this too. Was looking at a corsair 850 watt jobby but I'll see how this behaves first.

I have had poor experiences with xfx previously but this was years ago with an AMD 5950 gpu iirc. From. What I've read, they seem better these days.

Last edited:
I've ordered the xfx flavoured one but it does seem to need a lot of power. I think I have a 750 watt psu but not certain. I think I'm going to need to upgrade this too. Was looking at a corsair 850 watt jobby but I'll see how this behaves first.

I have had poor experiences with xfx previously but this was years ago with an AMD 5950 gpu iirc. From. What I've read, they seem better these days.
Budget depending I would say upgrading from 750 to 850 might just give you the same problem in a few years so it depends on how frequently you want to be upgrading / finding yourself needing to upgrade.

I'm on 750 atm, likely to go to 1000 with my next upgrade.

You may have to undervolt it a bit as mine can pull 450 watts. You won’t loose much performance by undervolting and in some circumstances it will improve.

I've ordered the xfx flavoured one but it does seem to need a lot of power. I think I have a 750 watt PSU

My last 2 cards have been XFX black edition cards 6800xt and my current 7900xtx. For me it's now my go to brand for AMD cards. Great build quality and one of top coolers you can get.

I've had my 7900xtx nearly 2 years now and it's been my best card yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom