• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Well I'm totally impressed. :D I just ran some quick 3DMark tests and not only is this GPU staying very cool and quiet, its definitely meeting expectations.

Port Royal 7900XTX Score: 15962
Previous 6900xt Port Royal: 9998

Time Spy 7900XTX: 25908 (GPU 29037)
6900XT: 9898 (GPU 9984)

GPU 1 UTIL GPU 1 SCLK GPU 1 MCLK GPU 1 TEMP GPU 1 Hotspot GPU 1 BRD PWR GPU 1 FAN GPU VRAM 1 UTIL
95.55 2569.34 2420.5 60.84 80.26 385.92 1388.42 3590.24

I had the Merc 310, the card is the lightest one compare to Aorus and Nitro.

First issue is the fan noise, even the Aorus fan is loud (OC bios) with higher rpm but the xfx fan noise is somehow more noticeable. Idle fan stop only work sometimes or run at 15% when idle.

But the biggest issue is that I cannot adjust any settings with amd software or msi afterburn. Click apply but all settings just back default. Only fan cruve can be adjusted, however the fan will run at 23% when idle with manual fan curve. And to bring back the default fan curve I need to load saved profile or reinstall amd driver.
I've found that if I have afterburner in the background it messes with adrenalin and I can't apply changes through it. I've had more success closing afterburner and using adrenalin alone but I suspect it's probably better to use afterburner.

I'll post my findings when I have time to play with it a bit more.

Well I'm totally impressed. :D I just ran some quick 3DMark tests and not only is this GPU staying very cool and quiet, its definitely meeting expectations.

Port Royal 7900XTX Score: 15962
Previous 6900xt Port Royal: 9998

Time Spy 7900XTX: 25908 (GPU 29037)
6900XT: 9898 (GPU 9984)

GPU 1 UTIL GPU 1 SCLK GPU 1 MCLK GPU 1 TEMP GPU 1 Hotspot GPU 1 BRD PWR GPU 1 FAN GPU VRAM 1 UTIL
95.55 2569.34 2420.5 60.84 80.26 385.92 1388.42 3590.24
Nice increase. That’s more than 50%

My Nitro arrived today, and is installed. Needed to adjust the position of the radiator and front fan a little to get it to fit in a Phanteks Evolv. It’s a BIG card! Initially letting it run stock before pushing it. Running cool and quiet so far.

I've found that if I have afterburner in the background it messes with adrenalin and I can't apply changes through it. I've had more success closing afterburner and using adrenalin alone but I suspect it's probably better to use afterburner.

I'll post my findings when I have time to play with it a bit more.
I only tried msi afterburn after failed to apply manual settings with amd software.

So far with the aorus I can change any settings using OC or quiet bios.

Adding to my last comment, in addition to temp and throttling issues (and coil whine) I've been experiencing on my Sapphire MBA, the card now refuses to run anywhere above 2400mhz. And crashing is more frequent in games.

I've just submitted a ticket for return. Unfortunately, although it seemed promising, this thing has been nothing but problems and certainly not something I'm dealing with on a £1000+ card.

Adding to my last comment, in addition to temp and throttling issues (and coil whine) I've been experiencing on my Sapphire MBA, the card now refuses to run anywhere above 2400mhz. And crashing is more frequent in games.

I've just submitted a ticket for return. Unfortunately, although it seemed promising, this thing has been nothing but problems and certainly not something I'm dealing with on a £1000+ card.

what is the advertised stock speed ? 2400 ?

How close is it to the 4090? I'd be interested to hear if you decide if this one is a keeper.
The next card on the Port Royal list is a 4090 with a score of 23826

I had the Merc 310, the card is the lightest one compare to Aorus and Nitro.

First issue is the fan noise, even the Aorus fan is loud (OC bios) with higher rpm but the xfx fan noise is somehow more noticeable. Idle fan stop only work sometimes or run at 15% when idle.

But the biggest issue is that I cannot adjust any settings with amd software or msi afterburn. Click apply but all settings just back default. Only fan cruve can be adjusted, however the fan will run at 23% when idle with manual fan curve. And to bring back the default fan curve I need to load saved profile or reinstall amd driver.

Will avoid and proceed with the original plan, thanks!

My word she’s a big girl. Got back late so have only got the nitro plus out the box. I’ll get some picks to compare her to my 6900xt Red Devil.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom