• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Well i have double checked all my conenctions and tried using the LED cable and I still have no working light strip :(

@Gibbo Have you seen anything like this yet with this card ( I know is a small sample size)? Just the left hand side showing in a faint red (camera makes it look brighter then it is).

XSWTyoO.jpeg

Last edited:
@koeiwong Regarding that issue with settings not sticking on the Merc, try flicking the BIOs switch.
thanks, but I already sent the card back.

So far the Aorus is doing fine apart from the idle temp which I am not sure if it is normal. When idle the fan stop, then the temp slowly rise to around 50c. I did turn up the case fans but only see 2c to 4c drop and hotspot temp remain 5c higher most of the time.

Load temps look okay. Around 60s degree in games with the hotspot temp 20c to 25c higher. I can hear some coil whine but not loud.

So far the Aorus is doing fine apart from the idle temp which I am not sure if it is normal. When idle the fan stop, then the temp slowly rise to around 50c. I did turn up the case fans but only see 2c to 4c drop and hotspot temp remain 5c higher most of the time.
That might be related to the idle power-usage issue? If you play media etc might still be high.

Load temps look okay. Around 60s degree in games with the hotspot temp 20c to 25c higher. I can hear some coil whine but not loud.
Those temps are very similar to what is seen on The Nitro tbh.

Those temps are very similar to what is seen onThe Nitro tbh. I get 48c hotspot at idle with fans off.

Last edited:
Well i have double checked all my conenctions and tried using the LED cable and I still have no working light strip :(

@Gibbo Have you seen anything like this yet with this card ( I know is a small sample size)? Just the left hand side showing in a faint red (camera makes it look brighter then it is).

XSWTyoO.jpeg
Sounds like you rRGB bar is faulty to me, how unfortunate.

XSWTyoO.jpeg

Nope the light bar I believe illuminates the moment you switch the PC on, you can always try flicking BIOS switch but that looks like a faulty light bar.
I'd raise an RMA for the card, OcUK should arrange a DPD collection for next week and were expecting another batch of 100+ next week. :)

Enjoy the card over the new years break, play some games, run some benchmarks and enjoy it, then remove it on your day of collection.

Last edited:
image.png

Getting some impressive figures with the nitro+, just gotta try tweaking for stability. Max stable core clock seems to be around 3350Mhz

Nope the light bar I believe illuminates the moment you switch the PC on, you can always try flicking BIOS switch but that looks like a faulty light bar.
I'd raise an RMA for the card, OcUK should arrange a DPD collection for next week and were expecting another batch of 100+ next week. :)

Enjoy the card over the new years break, play some games, run some benchmarks and enjoy it, then remove it on your day of collection.

OK I shall go ahead and do that thanks.

I've managed to surpass my stock 4090 graphics scores in Timespy with the Nitro. :p @Gibbo

If you’d have listened to me from day one you’d have been patient and waited for the Nitro! ;)

Told ya it’s the best from day one as it’s a Tier 1 card with an air cooler bolted to it, Toxic will be same card with an AIO. :)

Last edited:
What stable underclocks are people getting? I seem to be getting driver crashes if I go below 1100mV
I've not underclocked, but I have reduced voltage. I need to do more extended testing, but so far I have been able to run 3200Mhz core and voltage at 1060mv. 1050mv crashes games after a while. Need more time to see if 1060 is truly long term stable.

What stable underclocks are people getting? I seem to be getting driver crashes if I go below 1100mV
I can't get lower than 1100mV with my clocks on quiet bios, but it seems pretty solid on 1100mV so far. I've just been messing around trying to improve compared to stock settings on bios 2 on timespy by tinkering. This will hopefully be my daily driver setup for cool and quiet running without overdoing it on power consumption

Will then move onto BIOS 1 to go for some full send runs and see what scores I can get

Increasing min frequency seems to increase reported frequencies but decrease performances.
1075mV seems to be stable for my MBA 7900 XTX. 1070mV is crashing. But for some reasons it's not stable while playing Warzone even at 1085mV (all other games are OK), but i don't know if this is a game issue.
Also reported voltage never go above 950mV.
Max hotspot is 92° (only if PL+15%).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom