• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Good to know. I thought there was an issue there. Interested to see how Liquid Metal improves things. I guess with the putty you don’t need to replace that?
No will just leave it, just curious to see if LM can help eek out a little extra perf through slightly lower temps and power draw. Not expecting a huge difference on an MBA card tbh, AIBs would probably yield better results with liquid metal.

Well, my 4090 can only manage around 360 FPS in this scenario. Lol, I say only it's hardly bad, but for competitive players every FPS counts in COD.

Last edited:
See my previous post this happened to my GPU after I played with the manual tuning in the AMD software.

Try using DDU (driver uninstall util found on Guru3d.com) to remove the driver. Then re-install it. That fixed the issue on my GPU now the temps back to junction temp running more like a junction temp of 70C at 1700 RPM.
Thanks for the advice, DDU was the first thing I tried, then a fresh windows install which made no difference to add to the disappointment.

So for other reference 7900XTX owners, what hotspot and clocks are you getting at normal fan speeds? I dont know whether to ask for a replacement or cut my losses and get an AIB when they are out

So for other reference 7900XTX owners, what hotspot and clocks are you getting at normal fan speeds? I dont know whether to ask for a replacement or cut my losses and get an AIB when they are out

These are my temps after fixing the junction temp of 110C while playing grounded (Epic 1440 settings - capped to 120 fps).

Similar behavior in No Mans Sky which is again fixed.

E9S1Meq.png

Last edited:
Can you guys check if your silicon is AO revision?

What's the best way to check that?

Looking at GPU-Z mine says "Revision CC"

g98.png

Well, my 4090 can only manage around 360 FPS in this scenario. Lol, I say only it's hardly bad, but for competitive players every FPS counts in COD.
This is insane FPS!

I'm a 3440x1440p gamer so hoping that it would possible hit 165 lows even at that resolution on those kind of settings

All these results seem great so far. Looking forward to getting mine installed once my other bits arrive.
Anyone experiencing any of the issues reported in some of the reviews yet? Like coil whine, etc?

All these results seem great so far. Looking forward to getting mine installed once my other bits arrive.
Anyone experiencing any of the issues reported in some of the reviews yet? Like coil whine, etc?
no coil whine on mine, just blasting 100% fans and pinned @ 110C hotspot, tbh it could have coil whine, I just wouldn't be able to hear it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No noticeable coil whine on my XT either and no particular issues to report so far (but still early days so who knows...)

Firs Timespy run in lads, how's this graphics score looking vs 4080s? The MBA cards are going to struggle in synthetics with a 335 power limit.

SCORE
31 144 with Generic VGA(1x) and AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
Graphics Score 33 737
CPU Score 21 698

Last edited:
I thinking to change my order to the XT version is really so bad? Or if you underbolt and overclok can match the xtx?

Well considering that it costed me £300 (sold my 6900 XT, which served me very well) I'm happy with what I got :)

I could have gone for an XTX to be honest but I didn't because of several reviews highlighting more noise and and higher power consumption compared to the XT version. If the XTX card had been a super quiet/power efficient card it would have definitely been my first choice.

Regarding OC/UV unless you push it to the extreme I don't think you will ever match the XTX, no. You can get an extra 5% performance though while remaining reasonable and that's what I am aiming for personally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom