• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
HBM memory is changed in driver UI. If it is 800 after that, dfu install again.

Ok, thanks.

Seem to have found an answer that works for me actually on another forum. Might have been mentioned here as well I suppose but read that changing the fan profile to 100% seemed to allow OC clocks to stick with wattman on recent drivers.

Working for me so far actually. Time will tell but may be sorted without having to resort to MPT.

@Chud_Jenny you tried this?

Associate
Spoke to early didn't I :(

Only seems to be working in one game, which happens to be the game I've been playing so only when I tried it on something else was I back to gimped clocks.

Will mess about with MPT again once I've finished playing this one game it works for. Damn, thought the fan fix was it!

Associate
@Thomasck Got the core clocks working :) Holding nice and steady at 1950 when set to 2000mhz. Having and issue with the HBM clocks though. Set them as you said to 1150 in both bottom boxes (DPM 2 and 3) but the mem clock in game are 800...

Tried changing it in Wattman with no joy. Am I missing something?

Setting the fans to 100% solves momentary, after a reboot, or crash, it goes messy. HBM OC with MPT does not work after 1100MHz, or something like that. I never mess to much with HBM clocks it does not yield too much performance anyways.

No driver will work for OC with Wattman flawlessly unless you use 19.7.5 (I heard about 19.7.11 too) or less. The fan trick was never 100% reliable here - just my opinion.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys,

So I am running the latest AMD Ryzen 2700x Chipset Driver (2.01.15.2138) and AMD Radeon Software (Version 20.2.1), but am still getting the occasional system hang, with the following Event IDs:

Event ID: 1000
Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e330423
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e330423
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000405a07
Faulting process ID: 0x2f60
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e4e1e8cd1739
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report ID: 71857567-05d9-4fab-bfe1-53afaf4d3bb3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event ID: 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffff8b0f1eb7b2c0, 0xfffff8011fab0818, 0xffffffffc0000001, 0x0000000000000003). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

No blue screens are displayed, just the system hangs and a reboot is followed.

The annoying thing is that this event is random and there is no pattern.

Can you please suggest what is the culprit? I do not believe that it has anything to do with the card?

Man of Honour
@Kavalier Is your VII on the latest firmware? I know there weer a lot of stability issues on the early firmware versions.

It's probably unrelated but I had similar issues when my motherboard was dying. I thought it was the VII to start with but it's been completely stable since I replaced the mobo.

Associate
In terms of tuning, I just did a modest under volt and tweaked the fan-curve and power limit, since I have enough juice from power supply. @Thomasck

@Hades I am running the latest firmware. Also the motherboard is new. From the Event Logs, there are no system errors apart the occasional one from the AMD application. Also no blue screens or other other system related failures.
Also I did countless stress test, and no artifacts or driver failures were recorded. This is why I believe either it is a driver issue, which is strange or something is not 100% with the card. The tricky part is that since this event is rare, I do not know how to replicate it :s

Attached please find 2 snips for reference regarding the above.

Associate
In terms of tuning, I just did a modest under volt and tweaked the fan-curve and power limit, since I have enough juice from power supply. @Thomasck

@Hades I am running the latest firmware. Also the motherboard is new. From the Event Logs, there are no system errors apart the occasional one from the AMD application. Also no blue screens or other other system related failures.
Also I did countless stress test, and no artifacts or driver failures were recorded. This is why I believe either it is a driver issue, which is strange or something is not 100% with the card. The tricky part is that since this event is rare, I do not know how to replicate it :s

Attached please find 2 snips for reference regarding the above.

I appreciate the signs point to an issue with the card or drivers but your symptoms sound awfully like what happened to me when one of my ram sticks went bad. Worth checking if just to rule it out

Associate
Lets say something is wrong with one of my sticks, should the issue come out during a stress test focused on the RAM Sticks?

Other than that, from the issues that I highlighted, anyone else can provide some other insights please?

Associate
Lets say something is wrong with one of my sticks, should the issue come out during a stress test focused on the RAM Sticks?

Other than that, from the issues that I highlighted, anyone else can provide some other insights please?

Well, yes. Lets say the issue was a defective stick of ram, running memtest86 for example would either confirm, or negate the issue. Im not saying it is, but i went round the houses with a LOT of other things before testing the RAM. Doesnt take long and if nothing else, you can eliminate it as a cause. I was glad i did!

Associate
Hi all, thanks for the time you've spent answering here, looks like the Bykski block is not doing a great contact somewhere, which has not been reported by any user so far.

Here's a screenshot of it running it with the stock cooler, no problem whatsoever sustaining 105-110C in the JT.

https://imgur.com/nU2UjXy

Now I gotta think what I'm going to do as I'm not gonna buy another gpu block.

Associate
Hi all, thanks for the time you've spent answering here, looks like the Bykski block is not doing a great contact somewhere, which has not been reported by any user so far.

Here's a screenshot of it running it with the stock cooler, no problem whatsoever sustaining 105-110C in the JT.

https://imgur.com/nU2UjXy

Now I gotta think what I'm going to do as I'm not gonna buy another gpu block.

Have you used enough thermal paste? They do require more than is usual.

Associate
@Thomasck, long shot here but having looked back through you posts, there a link to imgur with a pic that shows the contact made by the block?

I've looked back through my pics when I fitted my ek block and it would appear that you haven't got a thermal pad covering the whole of the VRM's?

Forgive me as they may just have peeled off in your picture but heres what was covered in mine:

http://imgur.com/gallery/8glG2vZ

You may find that your missing some thermal pads?

Associate
@northun_munky Hi, they are all fine, I've fitted them to the block and they stuck in there :) was easier that way. but then now, IDK, I'm not taking any futher action. This sample is nothing special in terms of ocing, I'll stick around 1950/1100/1100mV and that's it. This past year with the card I can say 30% of the time I was DDUing some driver, or something like that, and 70% enjoying it. I don't think this is a RMA case. When I was with the stock cooler the card was fine doing it's sustained 105C, but I could prove it's not a good one for oc, I set the rig in the window to get really cold air and after 1165mV it starts to glitch even with lower JT.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom