• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Random GPU related Video Thread***

Soldato
I wanted to post this video but at the same time I didn't want to create a thread only for this video. So why dont we have a Random GPU Video Thread ? :D

Can be anything from GPU benchmarks, To Videos from favourite YouTube channels.

Must say I was quite surprised by this result when clicking the video. Them FrameTimes :eek:

Permabanned
I wanted to post this video but at the same time I didn't want to create a thread only for this video. So why dont we have a Random GPU Video Thread ? :D

Can be anything from GPU benchmarks, To Videos from favourite YouTube channels.

Must say I was quite surprised by this result when clicking the video. Them FrameTimes :eek:

It's great seeing the 580 ahead with Gameworks on, at least it was up until I read the description where he admits he messed the result up by having V-sync on for the 1060 with Gameworks recording, That may or may not affect the fps like it does the frametimes but for me it adds doubts.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's great seeing the 580 ahead with Gameworks on, at least it was up until I read the description where he admits he messed the result up by having V-sync on for the 1060 with Gameworks recording, That may or may not affect the fps like it does the frametimes but for me it adds doubts.

Agreed, he might has well reupload. I doubt vsync will hurt performance though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just watched this. Pretty much what I thought, which is one of reasons I opted for a G-Sync monitor :)

Now Nvidia just need to hurry up and release the new cards so I can get a cool and quiet running card that brings 1080Ti performance :D

Does anyone here like Motion Blur? It really depends on the game for me, fast paced racing games motion blur is a must.

Edit: Just watched this too. All it convinced me to do is continue what I have always done, turn off motion blur :p

Motion blur and Depth of Field are the first things I turn off in a game when I install it. Better graphics and more fps = win :D

Horses for courses and all that, but to me turning off a bunch of these settings which make graphics worse can be the difference between a 1080 and 1080Ti in terms of performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@TNA it depends on the game for me. Driving or a single player game I'll leave motion blur enabled depending also on its quality.
For online player were I want the best possible advantage of spotting players I'll disable them.

Caporegime

Yeah console gaming is AMDs focus now, said it ages ago, and makes sense with them being in them all (apart from the Switch).

They did the right thing in pulling out of the PC gaming one, as they're unable to compete with Nvidia anymore, and hardly have a share of that market now too, they must have been hemmorrhaging money in it, surprised they let it go on for so long.

Back
Top Bottom