• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well yes, because it has been continually shown to be the case, or are you deciding to just ignore evidence again and again?

This evidence?

hub2.png

Daniel_Owen_native_res_does_produce_the_best_output.png

There's a succint difference between it being lauded rightly so as beneficial for performance, actually better than native-which it isn't-as shown above in sweeping statements that talk about overall output of upscaling<native for IQ.

Everyone would be running DLSS enabled instead of disabling it and would show up on various polls, why isn't EVERYONE enabling it if it's that good for IQ?

This forum has more Nv users turning it off than on, unless those OcUK Nv users are that anti Nv or are pro DLSS users in here calling everyone else liars?

Your correct in no marketing spin, it's user self appreciation spin amplified by high post counts on the subject, nothing more nothing less.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This evidence?

hub2.png

Daniel_Owen_native_res_does_produce_the_best_output.png

There's a succint difference between it being lauded rightly so as beneficial for performance, actually better than native-which it isn't-as shown above in sweeping statements that talk about overall output of upscaling<native for IQ.

Everyone would be running DLSS enabled instead of disabling it and would show up on various polls, why isn't EVERYONE enabling it if it's that good for IQ?

This forum has more Nv users turning it off than on, unless those OcUK Nv users are that anti Nv or are pro DLSS users in here calling everyone else liars?

Your correct in no marketing spin, it's user self appreciation spin amplified by high post counts on the subject, nothing more nothing less.
Great, instead of posting actual evidence (or even copy pasted what others posted in the numerous other game threads showing comparisons), you chose to cherry pick 2 youtube screen grabs.

The world is convinced, how did you manage this :eek:

Meanwhile, back in real life world....

It blows my mind that some of you are still trying this on, whilst ignoring the direct comparisons that have been posted online time and time again. It's like the republicans in the USA government right now, ignoring all evidence in favour of what their perception and opinion has convinced them is "right".

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont think DLSS is better than native except maybe in a few cases where native is some nasty TAA implementation but I do like DLSS. The perf gains are certainly worth it (to me) for what is usually a very minor visual downgrade and allows other settings to be dialled up :)

Suspended
Computerbase, pcgamershardware, TPU, hardware unboxed, oc3d, DF, gamer nexus, daniel owen have all stated this numerous times and pointed where and when DLSS is better than native

He always posts the same screenshots even though when you go to watch the videos, those statements are referring to a very specific thing, a certain game or probably looking at the lower res. like 1080p where upscaling is worse of then he uses this as his narrative for "native is always better than upscaling/dlss", funnily then goes on about making sweeping statements :cry: He even has one from DF/John where he says that native is better than dlss in some certain scenario and tried to pass that of as DF even stating native is better than dlss :cry:

Like I always say, I look forward to the day when such users provide a substantial amount of actual evidence to make this case :)

Ready-made truth failed, quick look for a new truth.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@mrk

To counter the argument in case John/DF gets quoted, show this:

9Y6dR1p.png

I believe I had a HUB one somewhere too but can't find it.

:cry:

Somewhat out of date this now given the advancements of dlss over the past couple months but still:

TLdwmO2h.png

And when you watch that video, you'll see the reasons he picked native over dlss was mostly because:

- a halo'ing/flickering around objects like in spiderman even though it was highlighted the problem was DOF and because of dlss being injected before DOF or something like that
- temporal stability issues in titles such as RDR 2 etc. and it's because they didn't replace dlss with the newer version, it was on <2.5.1

i.e. had they switched out dlss for a newer version or/and turned of post processing effects which most pc gamers would be doing, dlss would have ended up being better than native in more games....

@humbug Not going to address these points?

You even stated yourself that upscaling does matter..........

mrk has already covered the question.

Computerbase, pcgamershardware, TPU, hardware unboxed, oc3d, DF, gamer nexus, daniel owen have all stated this numerous times and pointed where and when DLSS is better than native (as well as showing at times where native can be better than upscaling tech), of course, I now suspect that all of these tech press are bought by nvidia right? Even though they have side by side comparisons showing evidence to back up their statements....

Just on this bit, it's not always required having to switch presets or/and turn of post processing effects such as DOF, motion blur but regardless I always turn off these things and that's usually the problem when some people point out issues with dlss, it's usually because they are referring to an old version of dlss or/and using post processing effects such as DOF, CA, lens flare etc. which can impact the output quality.

Permabanned
Caporegime
I already did.

Ok so upscaling does matter as per your words then? And you have said that TSR is better and amd should do better therefore that means that you agree nvidia having the best upscaling currently does in fact matter and is something to consider?

Caporegime
As I have asked in the past to deafening silence, so can you answer if every game supports dlss?

And when you say every game, what games are you referring to? Please don't refer me to a steam list of some one man development random games or games from like 5+ years ago.....

I struggle to think of games which don't have dlss nowadays, let alone from the past 3 years, sorry outside of certain emmmm amd sponsored ones for a certain period of time....

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
All this thread demonstrates is that in the face of evidence posted across the forums here, certain people will still stick to their old fashioned viewpoints and just ignore said evidence and then cherry pick old out of context quotes and videos to try to bolster why they think the way they do.

That says a lot all in itself really. At no point have any of these members posted any objective comparison or evidence, only opinions, even after being told to just quote past comparsions posted directly on this forum in multiple threads.

Now let me pose this question, does anyone think that the same people would be feeling exactly the same way if AMD was close enough to Nvidia in terms of RT performance in conjunction with FSR upscaling and FSR3 Frame Gen?

I 450% guarantee you that their tune would be dramatically different and that RT would be the greatest thing ever because it looks and runs well.

Caporegime
All this thread demonstrates is that in the face of evidence posted across the forums here, certain people will still stick to their old fashioned viewpoints and just ignore said evidence and then cherry pick old out of context quotes and videos to try to bolster why they think the way they do.

That says a lot all in itself really. At no point have any of these members posted any objective comparison or evidence, only opinions, even after being told to just quote past comparsions posted directly on this forum in multiple threads.

Now let me pose this question, does anyone think that the same people would be feeling exactly the same way if AMD was close enough to Nvidia in terms of RT performance in conjunction with FSR upscaling and FSR3 Frame Gen?

I 450% guarantee you that their tune would be dramatically different and that RT would be the greatest thing ever because it looks and runs well.

It's funny when the evidence is presented, the usual lot seem to then resort to the selective quoting and one liners again :cry: Should be a rule to stop such actions as also notice how the threads starts to go down the drain with such posts?

Again, such a relevant article this:

The ada thread when nvidia revealed fg was hilarious about fake frames and then amds fsr 3..... "WOW this is amazing!!!!", remember all the "DLSS is dead!!!!" articles (think we may be on the 4th one now? :cry:) too?

It's nothing new, always the case when nvidia are better in something then amd are better in something, remember the days when nvidia had more vram, when amd were better with dx 12 and vulkan ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's funny when the evidence is presented, the usual lot seem to then resort to the selective quoting and one liners again :cry: Should be a rule to stop such actions as also notice how the threads starts to go down the drain with such posts?

Again, such a relevant article this:

It's nothing new, always the case when nvidia are better in something then amd are better in something, remember the days when nvidia had more vram, when amd were better with dx 12 and vulkan ;)

Nah, as i said there is far better information to be gathered on various other sites than this nonsense.Keep up.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I was referring to anyone who has nothing but gushing praise for RT getting labelled a “hater”. You demonstrated this attitude perfectly by still using the term in a generic fashion to deride anyone you perceive as a “hater”. By all means enjoy RT, but let’s not delude ourselves you and your circle jerk buddies are objective level headed RT fans who haven’t engaged in the name calling and mud slinging. At least have the courage to own up to your actions. Or are you really going to play the innocent poster who is trying to mind his/her own business but has to endure “hate” posts?

Summed up well already by @ICDP . There is equally the same old faces posting their side of the argument except there is no argument only impressing certain views.

All this thread demonstrates is that in the face of evidence posted across the forums here, certain people will still stick to their old fashioned viewpoints and just ignore said evidence and then cherry pick old out of context quotes and videos to try to bolster why they think the way they do..That says a lot all in itself really. At no point have any of these members posted any objective comparison or evidence, only opinions

This is perfect as just flip it and then you realise that the statement you are making applies liberally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom