• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Caporegime
For me it personally depends a lot on the game and how it has been designed. IIRC, DF somewhat touched upon this themselves where they were talking about sonys ports and how they load in higher LOD, hd textures regardless of your resolution where as some other games will only load these in at 4k or higher.

Man of Honour
On consoles it's understandable, DF also noted that said consoles all have a framerate budget they have to stick to or face the consequences, this is why no console does higher than 4x AF, whereas AF on PC is free, you can set 16x AF with zero performance impact.

Whether a PC port or a console game retains that or not boils down to the porting devs though yeah. But so far the ports I've played to date have all been great in this regard.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
None of that matters to me when I can see the difference though.

Your arguing like people saying they can tell the difference between 144hz and 240hz. Some can, some can't. I am tell you I can see the difference and that there is a appreciable difference to me ;)

When I went from my 4K monitor to this one I saw the difference in resolution drop immediately. Trouble is the QD-OLED was so much better in every other way that it was no contest in the end.

But if I can combine QD-OLED and 4K? Chefs kiss as far as I am concerned :D

Caporegime
I would like to see these 32" 4k qd-oled as I have read some swearing by it like it's the best upgrade ever but others saying it is noticeable but not worthwhile. Playing on my 4k 55 oled, I can see some extra detail and clarity in certain games (sitting about 6/7 feet back) but I wouldn't say it has blown me away (not factoring in the games where assets etc. don't load in fully unless 4+k is detected), DLDSR and DLSS perf. looks better detail/clarity wise than my 4k oled tv but again, depends on the game. Main thing it will always come down to is being able to achieve at least 70 fps first and ideally 100+ fps first and foremost.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I don't have it yet. Will upgrade to the 4K version of this monitor sometime later this year. Assuming the flicker issue some go on about is a non issue for me I will be keeping the 4K one :D

I know you don't. Just laughing at how we have a thread about being one of the chosen ones able to notice a few hz difference but then also try and claim no difference between potato and 4K. Genuinely thought it was bait at first :D

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I would like to see these 32" 4k qd-oled as I have read some swearing by it like it's the best upgrade ever but others saying it is noticeable but not worthwhile. Playing on my 4k 55 oled, I can see some extra detail and clarity in certain games (sitting about 6/7 feet back) but I wouldn't say it has blown me away (not factoring in the games where assets etc. don't load in fully unless 4+k is detected), DLDSR and DLSS perf. looks better detail/clarity wise than my 4k oled tv but again, depends on the game. Main thing it will always come down to is being able to achieve at least 70 fps first and ideally 100+ fps first and foremost.

Best thing you can do is wait for an offer and pounce on it when it comes up. Try side by side, see how you feel and if it is worth it for you.

End of the day you may see the difference but then think oh, I would rather the extra fps or oh I prefer the ultrwide aspect ratio. Don't like it? Send it back :cry:

With the aspect ratio I am not fussed. I like both basically is the conclusion I came to :D

Caporegime
Best thing you can do is wait for an offer and pounce on it when it comes up. Try side by side, see how you feel and if it is worth it for you.

End of the day you may see the difference but then think oh, I would rather the extra fps or oh I prefer the ultrwide aspect ratio. Don't like it? Send it back :cry:

With the aspect ratio I am not fussed. I like both basically is the conclusion I came to :D

Yup I'm toying with doing this, just need some discounts codes first ;)

I could probably adapt to 16.9 again but do prefer 21.9 tbh e.g. playing manor lords and this is another genre where 21.9 really shines.

Main upgrade I need to do though is the gpu as I do like my high FPS/refresh rate, 175hz ftw :p ;) :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I could probably adapt to 16.9 again but do prefer 21.9 tbh e.g. playing manor lords and this is another genre where 21.9 really shines.

Main upgrade I need to do though is the gpu as I do like my high FPS/refresh rate, 175hz ftw :p ;) :D

175hz is so yesterday. All about 240hz now!

Meanwhile, I still set mine to 144hz :p:cry:

Soldato

If I squint when I play Manor Lords are we having the same experience as my screen is a bit wider than the 34" UW one?

Last edited:
Caporegime
175hz is so yesterday. All about 240hz now!

Meanwhile, I still set mine to 144hz :p:cry:

TBF, if you can hit 200+ fps on oled 240hz, the experience must be pretty spectacular, I can notice a nice difference between 144 hz and 175hz when this happens and it is a sight to behold!

If I squint when I play Manor Lords are we having the same experience as my screen is a bit wider than the 34" UW one?

Not sure if just taking the **** or being serious :p

Soldato
I remember trying Warzone 1 on my ancient 28" 2160 TN and it looked so crisp and sharp compared to the 27" 1440p TN so I'm not sure how anyone can dismiss resolution so easily. The 60Hz that the 2160p had was a deal breaker though :p These days I am playing on a 42" so the extra pixels from 2160p are very welcome...

Soldato
But if I can combine QD-OLED and 4K? Chefs kiss as far as I am concerned :D
gino.png

Ciao bimbo

• Haha
Associate
You tried forcing 21:9 onto your 55" OLED TV, I miss my 21:9 monitor and I can't quite bring myself to try and force 21:9 on my LC CX, those top and bottom borders are going to look horrendous:D

Caporegime
You tried forcing 21:9 onto your 55" OLED TV, I miss my 21:9 monitor and I can't quite bring myself to try and force 21:9 on my LC CX, those top and bottom borders are going to look horrendous:D

I have and it's not too bad tbf due to the size and of course being oled, the black bars at the top and bottom aren't that bothersome but I prefer a physical 21.9 display over a custom 21.9 res on a 16.9 display. I will need to replace the TV at some point with a qd-oled one though as for HDR, there is a massive advantage on the qd-oled over woled here.

Back
Top Bottom