The Rules of the Universe

Caporegime
Don't push too hard with your middle finger when wiping, the outcome isn't pleasant.

Help those who need help treat people nicely.

Stop replacing every other ******* word with 'like'.

Soldato
Anyone heard of the three golden rules of business? I discovered them quite a few years ago and I find them to be correct.
Those three rules are;
  1. Trust no one
  2. Never assume anything
  3. Check everything
If something goes wrong at work and you get a reprimand because of it, it is because you have not followed any of the above three rules, in my experience anyway. :)

Soldato
no good deed goes unpunished ,but dont we all do good deeds and end up in a place thats worse sometimes.

Maybe it's that I'm generally an optimistic person, but I don't understand that saying the same way as you do.

I don't think of it as meaning 'punished' literally, but more that "you'll get what you deserve". So I take it to mean that doing good deeds will get you 'punished' with good in return.

It's a bit like the phrases "I couldn't care less" and "I could care less" meaning the same thing - because the latter should be said ironically.

Edit: A quick google suggests I'm in the minority on this one!

RxR

RxR

Soldato
It takes 9 seconds to change a habit. What part do you have a problem with?

Note, I did not intend the post you quoted to be explicit. It is a formula. If you recall a previous post of mine to [FnG]Magnolia, the 'SBA' terms are obvious.

Besides, it is the general formula by which Nature itself is encrypted in every domain to human perception. Thus, it suits the thread title imo.

Last edited:
Associate
It takes 9 seconds to change a habit. What part do you have a problem with?

Note, I did not intend the post you quoted to be explicit. It is a formula. If you recall a previous post of mine to [FnG]Magnolia, the 'SBA' terms are obvious.

Besides, it is the general formula by which Nature itself is encrypted in every domain to human perception. Thus, it suits the thread title imo.

The fact that you had to edit your reply 2 times in 12 minutes says otherwise

RxR

RxR

Soldato
The fact that you had to edit your reply 2 times in 12 minutes says otherwise

Means what? I have to contend with my own Dunning Kruger effect on a daily basis - ie. It is easy - but unhelpful in communication - for me to forget how hard it was to originally discover and learn the information of so long ago now so tersely stated. In the terse form as I have taught my own children, no less, but with much more ample elucidation.

Back
Top Bottom