• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Caporegime
I think Boom has some undiagnosed illness which means he's incapable of keeping a graphics card for more than a few months. Some genetically engineered trout bit him during a fishing trip and he's new powerless to keep his computer unmolested for longer than X days.

I would offer commiserations but it actually sounds like a wonderful cure to procrastinating whether to get a card! :D

Better than a crack habit I suppose, but only just :D

Asa

Asa

Associate
I think Boom has some undiagnosed illness which means he's incapable of keeping a graphics card for more than a few months. Some genetically engineered trout bit him during a fishing trip and he's new powerless to keep his computer unmolested for longer than X days.

I would offer commiserations but it actually sounds like a wonderful cure to procrastinating whether to get a card! :D

That was my first guess as well. Second guess was genetically engineered haddock. After that I'm left scratching my head.

Associate
Vega 56 has now arrived at my door, I'm unfortunately not at my door to be able to open it. First time in a long while that I've ordered a GPU on launch, weirdly exciting to get a boring black box with a noisy fan on it

Associate
Vega 56 has now arrived at my door, I'm unfortunately not at my door to be able to open it. First time in a long while that I've ordered a GPU on launch, weirdly exciting to get a boring black box with a noisy fan on it

Aha! Well mine has arrived and I have it in my possession!!! Taking picture now.

I could not collect it, because I have the builders in.

Associate
5kmg1

I thought that a memento of the start of CUDA might be appropriate.

See Link -> http://imgur.com/ryZGnsD

How do you post pictures to this site anyhow?

ryZGnsD

Associate
5kmg1

Interesting preliminary:

RX Vega 56: PCI device details (per linux):
0X:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Vega [Radeon RX Vega] (rev c3) Device 0x6b76
0X:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 0xaaf8

I do not think that we have seen a 0x6b76:c3 vega device ID before. Anyone?

I will get this up in Windows and see what GPU-Z says.

Edit: This report was an error on my part. Linux actually reports 0x687f as the device ID and 0x6b76 as the subsystem_device ID. This is consistent with the reports from GPU-Z 2.2

Last edited:
Associate
I've got mine ordered alongside a Ryzen 5 1600 and a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 motherboard. Just waiting on the new Vega 56 shipment to come in then all three will be on the way.

Associate
Aha! Well mine has arrived and I have it in my possession!!! Taking picture now.

I could not collect it, because I have the builders in.
Male version of having the painters in?

Just had mine confirmed as being on backlog - and was told expecting more stock 'soon' - question is, is soon 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month :(

Also for those of you who received the cards, are there any cables etc included? I know these come with 3x dp and 1x hdmi - my monior currently uses 1x dualdvi, with no DP on it - am i going to have to order an adapter for this (and will that still allow 120hz).

Back
Top Bottom