• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
Sorry to break it to you but if he paid £20 for them then they will be single link DVI adapters unless he got a mega discount.

There are three types of DP-DVI adapters:
Passive, which work natively with cards that support them (usually bearing the DP++) and the cards adapts the signal. These are usually rated for 1080p 60Hz.
Active SL, which have chips that convert the signal. These are usually rated for 1920x1200 60Hz.
Active DL, which have chips that convert the signal. These are usually rated for 2560x1600 60Hz but can do higher refresh at lower res.

This man knows what he is talking about. I haven't bought an adapter in a long time and have to be honest I didn't even realise there were masses of different types. Pretty much just ignore me I think, is much safer!

Soldato
^^ I will lower my case temp and hope that counts as enough for now. Hopefully undervolt helps temps also, if it sounds like a hair dryer at idle then thats not going to work out but I use in ears not speakers so it'd have to be quite bad to force my hand.

I looked at HDMI hz etc briefly a while back and Uber I think is correct though I dont get why it cant be a cheap part exactly. The AIB cards might do DVI is probably an important thing to note if you require high frequency, another advantage to waiting for Vega to fully launch I think.

My monitor only goes to 75hz anyhow, I really should be buying something better but I was told to wait for 240hz to develop as it has potential to be the best choice in games over 100fps. Since the battle of the syncs was such a big issue in even justifying Vega I'm interested in what monitors people now buy if any

Associate
^^ I will lower my case temp and hope that counts as enough for now. Hopefully undervolt helps temps also, if it sounds like a hair dryer at idle then thats not going to work out but I use in ears not speakers so it'd have to be quite bad to force my hand.

I looked at HDMI hz etc briefly a while back and Uber I think is correct though I dont get why it cant be a cheap part exactly. The AIB cards might do DVI is probably an important thing to note if you require high frequency, another advantage to waiting for Vega to fully launch I think.

My monitor only goes to 75hz anyhow, I really should be buying something better but I was told to wait for 240hz to develop as it has potential to be the best choice in games over 100fps. Since the battle of the syncs was such a big issue in even justifying Vega I'm interested in what monitors people now buy if any
found a few pics of AIB makers including dvi-d:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/amd-vega-board-partner-announcements,news-56349.html

with regards to other coolers:

Do you guys keep the stock cooler? Or do u have plans for other things.?

I was intending trying to mount the arctic accelero 3 i have on my r9 290 at the mo, mounting holes dependent of course, but may need to hold off now unless i just bite the bullet for a new monitor also.

Associate
Mine has changed to order in progress.

I'm hoping it will undervolt and will be enough, failing that I'm hoping they make aftermarket heatsinks, I noticed a few were made that were fury compatible.

I'm coming from a fury tri-x with unlocked cores. Hoping I have better luck than the fury when it comes to gpu core as that is a poor overclocker. Only managed 1050.

Associate
So, how are those noise levels?

I was 10 minutes too late getting my order in yesterday, and so I am on the waiting list, hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later!

Associate
Mine was delivered to my girlfriends place today but not gonna get a chance to play with it til Thursday - the outer packaging was quite bashed up but the Vega box looks ok. Fingers crossed!

Associate
delete
IMG_0623_zpsobo2x3uh.jpg
MlD45

IMG_0623_zpsobo2x3uh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
So, how are those noise levels?

I was 10 minutes too late getting my order in yesterday, and so I am on the waiting list, hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later!

Been pleasantly surprised so far. At idle I don't hear it above my case fans. Gaming I can hear it but it's more of a whooshing noise & very tolerable. Benchmarking it does get a lot louder. This is with default balanced profile.

Oh & it kicks my RX 480 in the....!

Associate
ok swapped my R 390 Gaming G1 for the Sapphire R 56

Whisper quiet at idle,hearable at load but way better than the r390, played a couple of games of PUBG, framerate has gone from 50fps to 70-80 FPS

This is without any tweaking at at all, and I know this bit might be me seeing things, seems more colourful and sharper

Associate
Have been seriously tempted for V56 since i sold my RX470 4GB for £260 back in June :eek: but had a lot on so knew wouldn't have time to gme much.

Really want to get it replaced and v56 i think is my next one, just dont want to get the blower style. My old RX270 MSI was so quiet, so tempted by an MSI Armour or Gaming X if not too much more.:rolleyes: :confused:

Soldato
Lol at those comments, just to clarify. I'm keeping the GTX 1080 Ti, but putting the RX Vega 56 in my main PC as I don't game much on this. My boys are gonna have my 1080 Ti and it will get plenty of use for them.

Vega 56 at the price I got it seems great bang for buck at the mid end, will do me nicely, all AMD build for a change. Fear not if a truly demanding game does arrive the 1080 Ti may well be put back in xD

Soldato
Lol at those comments, just to clarify. I'm keeping the GTX 1080 Ti, but putting the RX Vega 56 in my main PC as I don't game much on this. My boys are gonna have my 1080 Ti and it will get plenty of use for
Vega 56 at the price I got it seems great bang for buck at the mid end, will do me nicely, all AMD build for a change. Fear not if a truly demanding game does arrive the 1080 Ti may well be put back in xD
I don't think people relise you buy nearly every gpu going

Permabanned

It'd be nice to see a Tri-x version but it looks like Asus are the only one that's doing a non reference model and I just know the Asus ROG Tax is going to make the price OTT.

I hope so, I completed my order in 2mins and wasn't fast enough. Initial stock must have been really small.

It was like that with the Vega 64 cards where I was in a queue on the OCUK line at 2pm when orders started, Then I got the deal done and recieved a confirmation e-mail at 2:12 pm, Then I learn OCUK only had 30 water-cooled cards and I wasn't quick enough. Wasn't Vega worth the wait eh?

Back
Top Bottom