• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
Sounds like a registry issue.
You could try a repair install Windows and then try installing the driver, nothing to loose but time.
To do a repair install boot into Windows, insert windows media, cd or USB. Navigate to the exe file and run it.
Install windows, all files and programs will be kept.
Worth taking a backup first though if you are worried about losing anything.

Thank you for that, in the end it was the 17.10 driver, it just didn't see that i even had a gpu.
Using the 17.9.1 worked though, i was pretty terrified for a while lol

Soldato
Sad times. Well at least you know that it's gone to a good home, a home that will molest it before it even gets close to my card. It's ugly as sin so some changes to the back plate and first cooling fin are in order before it goes in the case. I still don't have a shipping email though so perhaps other customers decided to have a little moan and have jumped up the queue.

This literally looks like a classic case of he who shouts loudest will be heard.

Have you got it yet, i really want to know if it's worth buying, temps e.t.c?

Man of Honour
Have you got it yet, i really want to know if it's worth buying, temps e.t.c?

Not yet. It was shipped this morning according to my email. Slow is not the word, these guys have literally taken 4 days to pack and send it. Like yourself I am very curious to see how it does.

Soldato
Not yet. It was shipped this morning according to my email. Slow is not the word, these guys have literally taken 4 days to pack and send it. Like yourself I am very curious to see how it does.
Thanks for the reply, I need something like this AIO since i use the 64 bios now im idling at 43-45.C and even undervolted its easily topping the 70-75 limit on screaming fan speed.

Also on this topic, what thermal compound should i use, i want to replace the stock coolers stuff, is it noctua h13h 3?? or something the best i was reading?
What will you use for the AIO?

Man of Honour
Thanks for the reply, I need something like this AIO since i use the 64 bios now im idling at 43-45.C and even undervolted its easily topping the 70-75 limit on screaming fan speed.

Also on this topic, what thermal compound should i use, i want to replace the stock coolers stuff, is it noctua h13h 3?? or something the best i was reading?
What will you use for the AIO?

I have no idea probably just the standard AS5 as I have a ton of it laying about. I find that there is like a couple of degrees between them all so just slap on whatever is to hand. I will probably also run the 64 water bios when the cooler comes. Happy to do some screenies and give an idea on temps as soon as it arrives.

You card is a bit toastier than mine! mine idles down in the 30's with 64 air bios but temps get out of control fairly quickly.

Soldato
I have no idea probably just the standard AS5 as I have a ton of it laying about. I find that there is like a couple of degrees between them all so just slap on whatever is to hand. I will probably also run the 64 water bios when the cooler comes. Happy to do some screenies and give an idea on temps as soon as it arrives.

You card is a bit toastier than mine! mine idles down in the 30's with 64 air bios but temps get out of control fairly quickly.
Appreciate that Vince thank you.
Yeah the temps for mine are weird, i was 30 ish as well but something happened, like i said in a previous post about the clocks going all crazy, and then the temps and fan going out of control.
and now after a DDU and reinstall is just seems hotter overall.
This 56 must be the weirdest card ever made, it can be upgraded... gotta be a first, because is a way, with a AIO on it, its just a much cheaper 64 watercooled. with 8 cores missing.
Not that im complaining, i managed to get this card at the £389 price :):):):)

Man of Honour
Not that im complaining, i managed to get this card at the £389 price :):):):)

It was a bargain at that price which is the same price I paid. Good old launch prices :) My one was actually matching a friends 64 air. In fact my little 56 was able to be pushed much harder. It was close enough that my pal sent his 64 air back and bought a water as the 64 air offered little over the 56.

Soldato
It was a bargain at that price which is the same price I paid. Good old launch prices :) My one was actually matching a friends 64 air. In fact my little 56 was able to be pushed much harder. It was close enough that my pal sent his 64 air back and bought a water as the 64 air offered little over the 56.

Indeed, my card also was beating all the 64 scores on the 3dmark and superposition tables, I remember how VERY dissapointed i was on release and swore i'd never buy one.
I'm glad i changed my mind. Now i'm in love <3

Look forward to your AIO results, nice to meet you btw.

Man of Honour
Indeed, my card also was beating all the 64 scores on the 3dmark and superposition tables, I remember how VERY dissapointed i was on release and swore i'd never buy one.
I'm glad i changed my mind. Now i'm in love <3

Look forward to your AIO results, nice to meet you btw.

Nice to meet you to fella! When it gets here I just need to mod it and throw it in. I imagine that will only take a few hours to be honest so hopefully early next week we will have something to look at. I am not expecting the world but if it performs and is quiet enough then its a winner.

Soldato
TLDR// 64 bios on 56 didn't work correctly only in benchmarks, in games the 56 bios was much faster.

Just gone back to the 56 bios, there is something terribly wrong with the 64 one.
In benchmarks the 64bios and 1100 /1700 blah blah settings, gets me a gigantic score on all the different benchmarks, but in games themselves the card shows the right settings in rivatuner monitor on screen. clock and hbm settings all correct, but the FPS is very low. I try the benchmarks again and all is powerful and 24,000 graphics score on 3dmark firestike.
Back to a game and the settings are real but the same thing happens, on Battlegrounds i am 1080p very low everything and getting 40-50fps. On wildlands very low preset 1080p i get 33 fps I don't get it at all. I DDU and reinstall the drivers, i tried different 64 bios's nothing worked.

Went back to the 56 bios and ran Battlegrounds on 4k very low all, apart from ultra textures and im getting 60-80fps ( 935 hbm and 1655 core.)
on wildlands 1440p ultra settings is 90 fps +
Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but i'm leaving this here in hopes either someone can help or to let people know that have the same problem that the 56 bios will be better, and you HAVEN'T destroyed your card like i thought I did

Soldato
TLDR// 64 bios on 56 didn't work correctly only in benchmarks, in games the 56 bios was much faster.

Just gone back to the 56 bios, there is something terribly wrong with the 64 one.
In benchmarks the 64bios and 1100 /1700 blah blah settings, gets me a gigantic score on all the different benchmarks, but in games themselves the card shows the right settings in rivatuner monitor on screen. clock and hbm settings all correct, but the FPS is very low. I try the benchmarks again and all is powerful and 24,000 graphics score on 3dmark firestike.
Back to a game and the settings are real but the same thing happens, on Battlegrounds i am 1080p very low everything and getting 40-50fps. On wildlands very low preset 1080p i get 33 fps I don't get it at all. I DDU and reinstall the drivers, i tried different 64 bios's nothing worked.

Went back to the 56 bios and ran Battlegrounds on 4k very low all, apart from ultra textures and im getting 60-80fps ( 935 hbm and 1655 core.)
Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but i'm leaving this here in hopes either someone can help or to let people know that have the same problem that the 56 bios will be better, and you HAVEN'T destroyed your card like i thought I did
I also went back to the 56 bios, for some reason my games just felt to be running better

Man of Honour

That's really odd, Mine is faster with the 64 bios in everything. Perhaps your hitting some kind of ecc on the memory which is crippling it? Must be something to it.

Soldato
Thats the Thing, in benchmarks it annihilates the 56 bios competely, as it should. 23012 56 OC firestike to 25137 OC 64
But in a game it doesnt even get above 50.C and the FPS is %25 of the 56 bios FPS.
It also jumps from 1000 or 1100 (whatever i set it to) to 800 to 500 hbm and back up and around all giggly, and the core 1697 to 1500, to 1237 and back up.

Vince can you send me your stable OC for 64 bios so i can run it the same and see what i get ?
Thanks for the help guys

Man of Honour
I run mine with 1100 hbm, voltage at 1030, leave state 5 cocks and lower the voltage to 1070, up state 6 clocks to 1670 and voltage to 1150. +50% power profile, drop target temp to 70 and then fiddle with the fan profile until you can cope with it. Seems to run nicely like that and manages to keep stable clocks at the top.

Soldato
Thats the Thing, in benchmarks it annihilates the 56 bios competely, as it should. 23012 56 OC firestike to 25137 OC 64
But in a game it doesnt even get above 50.C and the FPS is %25 of the 56 bios FPS.
It also jumps from 1000 or 1100 (whatever i set it to) to 800 to 500 hbm and back up and around all giggly, and the core 1697 to 1500, to 1237 and back up.

Vince can you send me your stable OC for 64 bios so i can run it the same and see what i get ?
Thanks for the help guys
I'm getting this clock bouncy behavior in one game. BF4 and battlefront 2 are holding clocks but warhammer 40k eternal crusade is not, youtube clip:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ade-unreal-4-and-clocks-utilization.18796490/

Edit: I've not tried a new bios cause I have had text corruption in google search bar, so wanted to wait till that was fixed in driver (although I do have a G10 braket on it!).

Soldato
Running 64 bios here. I saw an improvement in both games and benchmarks with higher clocks I can reach with the 64 bios.
Using 17.9.1 drivers. Tried 17.10.1 and my boosts went funny.... would boost fine sometimes but others go no higher than 800mhz

Soldato
Hmm interesting, which 64 bios do you guys use, I started with the powercolor 64 bios (thats the 56 i have) then tried the sapphire one, both though had this same problem. great in benchmarks, erratic and jumpy clock and hbm freq in games.
It was like it was stuck at 1237 core and 500 hbm, but showing that it was at the higher clocks of 1000 and 1697 , because the temp was never above 50.c in games.

Running 64 bios here. I saw an improvement in both games and benchmarks with higher clocks I can reach with the 64 bios.
Using 17.9.1 drivers. Tried 17.10.1 and my boosts went funny.... would boost fine sometimes but others go no higher than 800mhz

I was using the 17.9.1 driver also as any of the others would do weird stuff whe OC ing.
I'm getting this clock bouncy behavior in one game. BF4 and battlefront 2 are holding clocks but warhammer 40k eternal crusade is not, youtube clip:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ade-unreal-4-and-clocks-utilization.18796490/

Edit: I've not tried a new bios cause I have had text corruption in google search bar, so wanted to wait till that was fixed in driver (although I do have a G10 braket on it!).

Yeah this is the same thing that was happening to me, but the HBM was also doing it, 950 to 800 to 500 and giggling around.

Soldato
I run mine with 1100 hbm, voltage at 1030, leave state 5 cocks and lower the voltage to 1070, up state 6 clocks to 1670 and voltage to 1150. +50% power profile, drop target temp to 70 and then fiddle with the fan profile until you can cope with it. Seems to run nicely like that and manages to keep stable clocks at the top.

I will try this on mine also and come back with the results.
Also the childishness in me giggled when you said leave state 5 cocks.. lol

Back
Top Bottom