• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato

Yeah, someone over tighten the screws when put the waterblock. Had this issue when I put the block on the GTX1080, had to loosen a bit.
And also did it for the GTX1080ti Xtreme (stock cooler).

Normal coil whine on FuryX and Vega 64, is different and homogeneous when the card is running hard at high refresh rates. And goes away after few weeks of hard usage.

Soldato
Is it made by the same devs? I didn't know, but that would certainly explain a lot!

I just looked it up and can't confirm it. It's made by a new-ish company HoloSpark. I guess 'cause I heard the L4D team were working on a new game and this looking very L4D-ish I jumped to the conclusion D:

Soldato
Yeah, someone over tighten the screws when put the waterblock. Had this issue when I put the block on the GTX1080, had to loosen a bit.

Normal coil whine on FuryX and Vega 64, is different and homogeneous when the card is running hard at high refresh rates. And goes away after few weeks of hard usage.
sorry but that's crap even from you, your nano's were terrible i remember yu moaning

That is the normal coil whine that not all, but the unlucky so so owners of Fury, nano, and Vega suffer from.
Exactly same sound as mine which I've posted on here before and no amount of time cured it. But luckily the sound is cancelled by the fan noise anyway.

Caporegime
Not so good?

I just watched the new Tomb Raider movie yesterday & was thinking about having another go at ROTTR. So how's my 480 likely to do at 3440x1440? :(

:(

Rise of the Tomb Raider is great and looks wonderful, but I'm not sure as of yet if it's better than the first game. I'm about halfway through so far.

Yeah stunning looking game, looks even better at 3440x1440 :D

Caporegime
Has anyone notice the quiet disappearance of Sapphire Vegas? Are they just out of stock or have they stopped making them, for currently unknown reasons :p

Wouldn't really surprise me if they're winding down production on them, on a few sites the liquid cooled card is marked as EOL as well as the limited edition card. It had a longer run than its fury-x brethren that's for sure, that gpu seemed to be around a matter of months before all you could get was the regular fury and nano, then nothing.

Permabanned
Wouldn't really surprise me if they're winding down production on them, on a few sites the liquid cooled card is marked as EOL as well as the limited edition card. It had a longer run than its fury-x brethren that's for sure, that gpu seemed to be around a matter of months before all you could get was the regular fury and nano, then nothing.

I know the Fury X was hard to get for the first couple of months because of the pump whine issue but I thought it was okay after that. Wasn't it still available after the first Polaris cartds released?

Soldato
Has anyone notice the quiet disappearance of Sapphire Vegas? Are they just out of stock or have they stopped making them, for currently unknown reasons :p

There is plenty of stock elsewhere. I got mine just three weeks ago for 514, is going for 550 these days.
And is of the new ones shown at computex with the 2 8-pin connectors.

@Davedree my Nano was watercooled also, and was block tightening related. Actually that card never run a single minute on it's stock cooler... So true complained about it twice back in July 2016.

But after my experience with the 1080 getting the issue after watercooling it, figured out it was over tightening of the screws.
Also usually when I am referring to coil whine my tone is not "throwing toys out of pram", but constructive.

Permabanned
Fury x disappeared quite quickly.
I'm sure it was EOL around the time polaris launched

Fair enough. :)

@Davedree my Nano was watercooled also, and was block tightening related. Actually that card never run a single minute on it's stock cooler...

I didn't (and still don't) understand why people would buy a Nano to add too a custom loop, Why not buy a Fury X and add that to a loop instead? I can't see size being an issue as the Fury X also used a small pcb and it was faster than it's asthmatic sibling. A Nano was power limited which held it back to around Fury Pro performance levels, a water block couldn't change that.

Back
Top Bottom