• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
291 watts:eek: national grid must love you. With those temps you don't need to worry about central heating.
That seriously hot, even with 2k rpm fans. If it is paste, it must be seriously degraded to give those temps. That isn't stock is it? Have you tried under volting it

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Strange how yours is a good 10 degrees hotter than mine but your fan is running 1500rpm slower.
291 watts:eek: national grid must love you. With those temps you don't need to worry about central heating.
That seriously hot, even with 2k rpm fans. If it is paste, it must be seriously degraded to give those temps. That isn't stock is it? Have you tried under volting it

So the issue was a custom fan curve I had been using for a few weeks to keep the thing quiet. I don't heavily game much any more so the usage was really low. However I had been playing Satisfactory for a good few hours after getting it on sale and I noticed the heat coming out of the case :O

Anyways I've undervolted a little last night, kept the low curve and it does seem better. I played another 30-40 mins this morning to test and the results seem better :)

INnpj9n.png

Soldato
With undervolting I’m seeing the hotspot not get above about 85; I haven’t redone the paste or changed the vrm strip. The fans on the Strix are set to max at 52% which is about 2500rpm. Max power I’m seeing is about 270W or so.

Soldato
So the issue was a custom fan curve I had been using for a few weeks to keep the thing quiet. I don't heavily game much any more so the usage was really low. However I had been playing Satisfactory for a good few hours after getting it on sale and I noticed the heat coming out of the case :O

Anyways I've undervolted a little last night, kept the low curve and it does seem better. I played another 30-40 mins this morning to test and the results seem better :)

INnpj9n.png

Untitled5a4d6ce7b71d8742.png

mine at full oc/uv. not reading my fan for some reason. fans @100%

Soldato
at this point it's either that my case is smaller or that the nitro's cooler is much better than the powercooler Red Devil, which is probably the case - I've had nitros in the past and they are solid.
i have a meshify c case, so not biggest, decent air flow though, though in the summer i tend to remove window for some extra air flow

Soldato
I have an old NZXT H440 that I bought about 5 years ago.
thats one hot gpu, something wrong somewhere with those temps, unless im extremely lucky with the nitro plus, even when maxing it out im still seeing far lower temps that yours, i know sapphire pretty much made the best out of vega. whats your best gpu score on 3dmark?

Pet Northerner
Don
thats one hot gpu, something wrong somewhere with those temps, unless im extremely lucky with the nitro plus, even when maxing it out im still seeing far lower temps that yours, i know sapphire pretty much made the best out of vega. whats your best gpu score on 3dmark?

I haven't benched in like 2 years, but the score was 7108

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/4228720

Pet Northerner
Don
just wanted to see if it could hold an overclock. guess could be either paste, clogged h/s maybe cooling power has degraded, it has moving parts

I'm now leaning to the case being the problem. There is very little mesh on the front or the top and it's a bit of a hot box.

I pull the front plate off so it was just the filter and the fans, rather than the noise cancelling front.

Here is another hour or so on the under-volt:

hwgkK7c.png

below gives you an idea of how poor the case ventilation is

K3smhIs.jpg

TL9rkIn.jpg

IamW4wA.png

so I think I'll grab myself a different case, which should help :)

Last edited:
Soldato
it has a dropped a bit to be fair, is possible it depends how clogged mesh/fans are. if fans are clogged with dust they work harder to shift the air. in temps like this i prefer to take side window panel off, surprising how much that helps temps

Back
Top Bottom