The RX7 rebuild thread

Soldato
I grinned from ear to ear when it fired up and ive never even mate, cant believe im so chuffed for you lol

Deffo impressive mate, not a lot of people willing to put that into an engine, just think of all the cash your gunna save doing all your own mods in future :)

Soldato
While I may question your taste in dubious style mods, respect is due for that bit of work. Well played.

And yay! The spoiler is gone in the vid ;)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Simon said:
:cool: So how much power you expecting now :D

Well I'm limited by my injectors at the moment so I can't run that much boost, but I should see around 360ish at 0.8 bar with the porting.

When I get some 1600cc secondary injectors I'll run it at 1.1 bar, which should see me to around 380 :cool:

Standard injectors are 550 primary and 850 secondary.

Soldato
Utmost respect dude, been reading since the off. Wicked achievement, you should be proud, you've got yourself a real connection with that car now you've seen it's innards. :cool:

I've got to admire your balls (maybe in private some time). :D :eek: :o ;)

Associate
amazing work there mate, you must have saved yourself quite abit and gained a hell of a lot of knowledge about your car at the same time.

Soldato
Nice one, it's a great sense of achievment, but starting a newly built engine is really nerve wracking. Now you just have to be prepared to get totaly paranoid over every little noise you hear when you start driving it ;)

Associate
Well done, congratulations.

The suspense was killing me in that video waiting for it to start, so I can't imagine how you must have been feeling.

Soldato
Glad it all went ok for you...I imagine you've learnt quite a bit along the way. Give yourself a pat on the back anyway :D Must be an awesome sense of achievement... :)

Soldato
:D Awesome news DreXeL! I bet you were absolutely chuffed to bits when it fired up.

I've not seen the video yet. I've just formatted, and don't want to watch the video until I have my soundcard drivers installed. The suspense is killing me :D :cool:

edit... Just seen the video and it was well worth the wait. Even though I knew the outcome, I couldn't help praying that it would fire up. I bet you were pretty annoyed when it sounded like it was going to fire up but didn't quite make it, but your reaction when it did finally fire into life is priceless. "Get In" :D

One last thing, that's a bloody good battery you have there. Seems to handle the cranking of the engine pretty easily, and I bet that beast saps a bit of power.

Looking forward to future videos and once again, many congratulations! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom