*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Don
I've been keeping an eye on a few forums and CPW customers are being told they will be contacted but no one has been yet.

I can see my VR going missing amongst all the confusion. For whatever reason my VR wasn't delivered to store with my phone and I've been told when they get it in but with all this going on I can see an argument in a few weeks time.

Soldato
No contact from EE as of yet.

On a side note I prefer how the edge is a lot less pronounced here compared to the S7E. Minimal loss of screen space yet still looks special.

Man of Honour
OP
No contact from EE as of yet.

On a side note I prefer how the edge is a lot less pronounced here compared to the S7E. Minimal loss of screen space yet still looks special.

Yes, it does look special and it even keeps that special look in the S View case. Shame we'll have to lose them for a while.

Soldato
Just got this text from CPW
Hi DANIEL, Samsung has advised Carphone Warehouse they are investigating a potential quality control issue with the Samsung Galaxy Note7, which you recently purchased. Should you have any concerns, Samsung is currently offering to voluntarily replace your device. To discuss your options, please contact Samsung Customer Service on 03307261000.

Associate
And so it begins:

We want to thank you for your recent order of a Note 7. As a valued customer we would like to share an update with you on recently reported incidents.

Samsung is committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident reported from our valued customers very seriously.
In response to the 35 cases of a battery cell issue that have been reported globally we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market.
However, because our customers safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note7.

As you have already received your device, we will voluntarily replace your device with a new one over the coming weeks.
To ensure you receive your replacement device and to answer any further questions please contact our customer services team on the following number 03307261000.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Samsung Retail

Soldato
O2 called..

Two options, return under the 14 day period and choose another phone or go sim only and wait for a phone you like.

I asked what the situation would be if I decided to keep hold of the phone until I could get a replacement the same day rather than waiting weeks, lady wasn't sure about this.

I'm going to speak to Samsung directly and see what they say, whether they will replace my phone even though I went through O2 (can't see why not?) and whether I can do the above. Otherwise I'll be taking it back I guess.

Luckily I have my old phone to use but it's a bit annoying non the less.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the email today from Samsung too :

As you have already received your device, we will voluntarily replace your device with a new one over the coming weeks.
To ensure you receive your replacement device and to answer any further questions please contact our customer services team on the following number 0....

Last edited:
Soldato
So I'll be away on holiday and won't be able to return the phone till at least the 17th, I'm hoping they'll relax the 14 day cooling period due to the recall.
Also, I was planning to use the device for entertainment on a long haul flight (13 hours) , wondering if it's worth the risk, other passengers freaking out and all lol.

Soldato
It's being recalled because of a fire risk albeit very slight.

I wouldn't think it's sensible to take it on a flight and use it.

Any item which is being recalled because of a potential fire risk is going to be banned on a flight without proper precautions..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom