*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
It would be a seriously bad idea to take one of these on a flight - ignoring the fire risk, the fumes that would be recirculated around the plane would not be particularly healthy!

Associate
Hi guys new to Forum but been following this read.

Funny story I was lambasting samsung shop today for build quality I have a light leak (Not bleed!) between the metal bezel and screen at various points, the phone lags, the speaker distorts and makes a buzz for a second on each video I play, and the phone gets warm when only doing basic tasks like casually surfing the Web. They agreed to replace my phone and would collect this Monday and stated the engineers needed to check it and test it (i didn't know about samsung recall at that point) so they can fix these issues, he said a new phone would be sent out in approximately 1 week (annoyed because it's my only one and I use it for work) I agreed.

1 hour later I get the samsung email for voluntary replacement!

Im thinking now that I will keep the phone untill my replacement arrives? If I give it back now it could be weeks before I see a replacement.

Phew long first post, sorry

Soldato

Funny story I was lambasting samsung shop today for build quality I have a light leak (Not bleed!) between the metal bezel and screen at various points, the phone lags, the speaker distorts and makes a buzz for a second on each video I play, and the phone gets warm when only doing basic tasks like casually surfing the Web. They agreed to replace my phone and would collect this Monday and stated the engineers needed to check it and test it (i didn't know about samsung recall at that point) so they can fix these issues, he said a new phone would be sent out in approximately 1 week (annoyed because it's my only one and I use it for work) I agreed.

Im thinking now that I will keep the phone untill my replacement arrives? If I give it back now it could be weeks before I see a replacement.

Don't tell me.. should've bought an iPhone?

Associate

If it was the email from Samsung that we received as well, they clearly stated that we should give them a call - they won't send it to you without contacting them.

My personal opinion is that they will propose something similar - to return the device to them in order for them to send a new one when they restock, which could take at least a couple of weeks.

Man of Honour
OP
Samsung's US replacement options:

The U.S. Product Exchange Program will offer consumers the following choices:

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

As a gesture of appreciation, consumers will receive a $25 gift card or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

Galaxy Note7 owners can contact or visit the retail outlet where they purchased their device or call 1-800-SAMSUNG to initiate a product exchange and to resolve any other questions or concerns.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/02/samsung-establishes-u-s-product-exchange-program-galaxy-note7/

Soldato
Crap! Went out for a few beers tonight and as nights go it got quite messy... dropped the phone twice and...

QyRezxRl.jpg

With a screen protector and case as well. What are the chances Samung will swap it round? :o

/Edit: Hadn't seen this email from Samung earlier...

BbYwGE8l.png.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Bad luck.

What height for the drop and onto what surface?

Which case was that?

It was from chest height onto tarmac with the VRS Design case. I've dropped the Note 5, S6, S5, S4, S3 and S2 in more or less the same manner before and they have been fine.

Really kicking myself right now and fortunately the alcohol consumption is dulling the pain... in the morning (ignoring what time it is right now) I know I will feel even worse... in more ways than one :o :(:eek:

Last edited:
Associate
It was from chest height onto tarmac with the VRS Design case. I've dropped the Note 5, S6, S5, S4, S3 and S2 in more or less the same manner before and they have been fine.

Really kicking myself right now and fortunately the alcohol consumption is dullig the pain... in the morning (ignoring what time it is right now) I know I will feel even worse... in more ways than one :o :(:eek:

The VRS design one is the leather one right? I have that in brown. I'm surprised it damaged your phone, it's covers around the phone pretty well and the clasp on mine is quite strong.

Did you have the flap open?

Last edited:
Associate
If it was the email from Samsung that we received as well, they clearly stated that we should give them a call - they won't send it to you without contacting them.

My personal opinion is that they will propose something similar - to return the device to them in order for them to send a new one when they restock, which could take at least a couple of weeks.

Oh no I understand that I will need to call them again. I was thinking that I would call them today and ask if when ready they would send a replacement and collect mine at the same time. If so then no point in sending it back now (aside from the risk of blowing your nads off) as i need the phone for work.

Im not hopeful that being the case, I also wonder if they would allow a colour change?

Soldato
The VRS design one is the leather one right? I have that in brown. I'm surprised it damaged your phone, it's covers around the phone pretty well and the clasp on mine is quite strong.

No, it is this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IBZT4BG

It slipped out of my hand (my Note 5 had a rubbery case), landed face down and the case went flying off. All with a Spigen screen protector too.

If it had been a few months in I would just accept that **** happens and claim on my Natwest insurance but its just painful knowing that I've had it only for a few days.

Associate
Don't tell me.. should've bought an iPhone?

Eih I only buy Apple computers or run Ubuntu Linux, my phones are always androids since I switched over 3 years ago. I had a g3 easily the worst phone I've ever had but since I made the move to samsung even my family switched over after trying s7 edge. Although the s7 edge screen seems to have this magnetic attraction to concrete or any hard floor. My missus is on her 3rd screen and swears she's not doing anything wrong lol

Associate
No, it is this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IBZT4BG

It slipped out of my hand (my Note 5 had a rubbery case), landed face down and the case went flying off. All with a Spigen screen protector too.

If it had been a few months in I would just accept that **** happens and claim on my Natwest insurance but its just painful knowing that I've had it only for a few days.

Cheer up, the way I see it is that broken screen or not your phone still may have a dangerous battery and is subject to the recall. It would seem illogical of samsung to put you at risk of fire because your screen was cracked, right? I mean they have to recall the phone anyway so what are they going to do? Open it replace the battery then put back the broken screen and send it back to you?

I think you might get away with it this time, also of note when I told them it was getting warm whilst charging the bloke on the phone was worried lol he went off to report it to someone.

I would highly recommend the leather VRS case with button magnetic clasp and the spigen slim fit for the car if you use a holder. They both worked relatively well with the g colour tempered glass screen protector for me

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheer up, the way I see it is that broken screen or not your phone still may have a dangerous battery and is subject to the recall. It would seem illogical of samsung to put you at risk of fire because your screen was cracked, right? I mean they have to recall the phone anyway so what are they going to do? Open it replace the battery then put back the broken screen and send it back to you?

I think you might get away with it this time, also of note when I told them it was getting warm whilst charging the bloke on the phone was worried lol he went off to report it to someone.

I would highly recommend the leather VRS case with button magnetic clasp and the spigen slim fit for the car if you use a holder. They both worked relatively well with the g colour tempered glass screen protector for me

Cheers Mate. Whilst I am still kicking myself your post made me feel a little better. The Samsung customer services open at 9am so will call them then before I get some sleep (not entirely sure why I am still awake and now I've ruined my entire Saturday :o).

Back
Top Bottom