The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

wcmlw1.jpg

The only good thing to come out of my near cataclysmic fail of a HTPC project was my experience of AMD's Llano APU's. I decided to sell up most of my old gear while it was still worth something, ditch my old Sata 2 itx board and 6 core 1055t and go all energy efficent and get SATA 3 in to the bargain.

The "Fanboy Folly" now sports the following.

AMD A8-3870K Black Edition @ 3Ghz (not overclocked)
ASROCK A75M itx mobo
8GB Corsair RAM 1600 Mhz
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
500GB Samsun F3 HDD
Lian Li PC Q-11 case

The lack of dedicated GFX is taking some getting used to, but the APU is doing a reasonable job in SWTOR (1920x1200). Currently it's drawing <140w on load, and less than 80w while browsing teh web. I suspect it could do better though. As for temps, I couldn't tell you as the rooms ambient is usually a bit on the chilly side anyway and my monitoring software is terribly confused by this new AMD chip.

I would like a seperate GFX card again though in the near future, and I am hoping the new AMD 7 series will produce something suitably cheap/quick/efficent/small.

Wesena ITX2 and Asus E45M1-I

My new mini box:

YONqQl.jpg
klr9ml.jpg

Wesena ITX2
Asus E45M1-I Deluxe
4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey
160GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue
160W Pico-PSU

Next to a C0AA-S1 2 for reference.

fxa5kl.jpg

This case is tiny yet really nicely put together and fingers crossed for AMD Trinity or Ivy Bridge having really good IGPs as you could turn this tiny case into a neat gaming box which is my final intention for it.

gropingmantis - what sort of CPU temperatures are you seeing? I have a similar build (Asus E45m1-I Deluxe in a Wesena ITX2 case) and I'm seeing 70C+ temps in the BIOS with a 40mm case fan installed (no load whatsoever - starts out at 30C and slowly climbs while I watch). I've been afraid to do anything with it - even install an OS as I'm worried about overheating. Are you seeing similar temps with your build?

gropingmantis - what sort of CPU temperatures are you seeing? I have a similar build (Asus E45m1-I Deluxe in a Wesena ITX2 case) and I'm seeing 70C+ temps in the BIOS with a 40mm case fan installed (no load whatsoever - starts out at 30C and slowly climbs while I watch). I've been afraid to do anything with it - even install an OS as I'm worried about overheating. Are you seeing similar temps with your build?

Yeah I have a Fractal 40mm fan in there and temps are usually between 60-80C depending on the load but not had any issues. The CPU will take up to 95C so I dont see it as an issue at all.

Bit of a rebuild. Went back to a mid range gaming set up for tribes ascend so had to go for a bigger case to allow for a video card.

Specs:

Core i3-2125
Asus P8H61-I
Asus HD6850 1GB DirectCU V2
8GB 1600Mhz VengeanceLP
Corsair Professional Series AX750
AData S510 120GB SSD
Lian-Li PC-Q25B

The PSU is a very very tight fit and bends the hot swap bay alittle. I may remove the hot swap cage sometime as i dont plan on using it and it will allow the PSU more room. At the moment its running the stock lian-li fans and intel cooler but will be changing all them over the next month or two.

20120311_142526.jpg

20120311_142148.jpg

20120311_142247.jpg

20120311_142614.jpg

20120311_142551.jpg

Samsung and Lunatic Dreyfus - looking good.

Here's my first effort of a SFF

Spec :-

Lian Li PC-Q11B Black Mini ITX Case
Asus P8H67-I deluxe mobo
Intel i5 - 2500k @ 3.3ghz
Thermalright axp140
2x4GB Sodimms (can't remember which!)
Sapphire HD6670 passive cooled gfx card
Seasonic 660W X-660 PC Computer ATX PSU
Crucial M4 64gb SSD
Western Digital Black 1tb HDD
LiteOn iHBS-112 blu ray rw
Thermalright TY-140 fan
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Took me a while to get my head round the lack of room and having to get creative with wire placement but turned out ok in the end. Almost silent and had 0 troubles since it was built. All connect via hdmi to my AV receiver and 42" HD tv :)

Sorry for pic quality, was taken on iPhone at night.

Naked Motherboard on removable tray

270.jpg

Motherboard with massive passive cooler on

272.jpg

Everything in apart from PSU

277.jpg

All finished and tidy

278.jpg

Size comparism next to my old PC-60

280.jpg

Finished my build today.

Specs are:
Lian Li PC-Q08B
i3 2100K
ASUS P8H61-I
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB DDR3
OcUK HD 6850 OC 1024MB (but it's actually ASUS)
XFX Pro 550W Core Edition

Pictures. Mix of iPhone 4S and Nikon D3100 shots:

First half of parts, reusing some old parts:
dsc0012el.jpg

Motherboard and GFX card in. Plenty of space as you can see:
dsc0046dx.jpg

More parts arrived today:
img0231md.jpg

PSU in with lots of cables! Picture taken before I tided up:
img0237ot.jpg

Sitting on my desk with BenQ 22" LED monitor and Audioengine A2 speakers.:
img0239dd.jpg

One issue I found was that the 2.5" to 3.5" adapter doesn't work with this case as the HDD cage has screw holes and grommets that don't line up. So I screwed in my SSD into the bay under where my optical drive is, using some grommets inbetween the SSD and metal surface. I wonder if OcUK could sort out a refund or credit towards my next purchase considering I've spent so much with them over the years?

Stock case fans are not loud but pretty audible at night and noway I'll have a good nights sleep with it running overnight, so I replaced both fans and it's so much quieter now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom