The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Soldato
Not perhaps quite as sophisticated as the ones mentioned above, but I am (finally!) about to build a system in my Kolink Satellite Micro-ATX Cube Case (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-satellite-micro-atx-cube-case-black-ca-005-kk.html)

Nothing too elaborate really, an Asus Z170i mobo with an Intel 6600K CPU, an Asus GTX 970 mini GPU, 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX memory...oh, and a Samsung 512Gb 950 Pro M2!

The PSU will be a 550W Silverstone Strider Platinum SST-ST55F-PT and a Noctura NH-U9S, plus a couple of their case fans will be fitted to help with the cooling!

Some of the components are already a bit 'old' I know, but they were all purchased earlier this year, and I just never got round to putting them all together!

The build should be fun though, I think! :)

Last edited:
Hitman
Soldato
Sorry for the rubbish pictures and any fingerprints visible :p

Just finished building my new MITX machine, which replaces the MATX on the right.

Case: NCASE M1 v5
PSU: Silverstone Strider SFX 600W
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
CPU: Intel i5-6600k
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 AIO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
SSD: Samsung SM961 Polaris 512GB M.2-2880

GB3rsaS.jpg

gQ2acqW.jpg

0edAT4b.jpg

This case is tiny! Some points/issues:
  • I was torn between the NCASE, DAN Case and various others. Took me weeks to actually commit to the NCASE.
  • The case took a couple of weeks to arrive and was around £30 in custom fees.
  • The case came with a bag of screws and no instructions. Real nightmare. There is one on their website but including it wouldn't have been a bad idea!
  • All components were ordered specifically to fit the case. There's limitations in pretty much every bit of hardware so took a lot of research to find a good mix.
  • I hadn't really planned ahead when I was building it, so ended up rebuilding it a few times for various reasons / cable management.
  • The case parts scratch really easily. Fortunately I've not scratched any external panels so not bothered by it.
  • There's a lot of space below the PSU and next to the GPU for cable management. This obviously depends on what PSU/GPU you put in.
  • The PCI-E connectors on the GPU are about 2mm too big to fit the side panel on. I've got some right-angled connectors coming which I'm hoping fixes that, if not I may have to try another GPU.
  • I'll be adding the 2.5" 512GB SSD from my MATX machine once it's finished wiping. It'll go behind the front panel where it's nicely out of the way.
  • I switched the stock fans on the MasterLiquid Pro to the Corsair ML120 Pro. The stock ones have a really annoying hiss/buzz even at idle/low temps. There are 3 settings on the fans but I couldn't be bothered testing the others.
  • With the right panel currently off, there's only a slight humm from the MasterLiquid pump doing it's thing.
  • I was considering going with an air cooler, but the fan switch solved my issues with it.
  • I may add a 80mm or 92mm exhaust fan.
  • Even with all the hardware in, it's incredibly light to lift up and carry around.

The case is absolutely gorgeous. I really hate having a huge case sitting on the floor and I'm happy to let this sit on my desk out the way or potentially in one of the desk cupboards temperature depending.

Is there anything I can use to get the panels looking nice and fresh with no fingermarks?

Last edited:
Associate
Really nice dynix. I am thinking of getting that case as my current case doesn't cut it (cant fit aio, no intake fan etc).

The best thing to do for less noise is to ditch the mechanical hard drives and go with full ssd imo, mechanical hard drives always make an annoying humming noise and you need lots of fans to cancel it out

Hitman
Soldato
Yeah I ditched having a mechanical HDD in this build for that reason. I have the M.2 SSD and a 2.5" SSD in behind the front panel which suits me fine :)

I'm still waiting on the right-angled PCI-E connectors for the GPU so I can see what it's like with the other side panel on.

Associate
How are you finding this? Can the heatsink cope with the i7 running under stress or does it throttle back.

Tempted by the i3 version to replace my celeron NUC.

Apologies for the late reply! I only just checked the thread again. It actually works great, I've had it running 24/7 for about 6 months as a media PC with a USB TV Tuner. Under load it gets hot to touch but I've never had it overheat.

It was supposed to come with a 5500u which would run significantly cooler but there's no issues with the 5557u :) I upgraded the network card (just a standard laptop one) to 5ghz and I'm using a steam controller, I also have an USB IR sensor to allow a TV remote to work as well.

Most Wii games work flawlessly at 1080p too via emulator (some are a bit slow but for the most part they're fine)

Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone else ever considers it; don't put a H45 in an SG13.

Nightmare build. Together with an RX480 and an ATX PSU there's sod all room left.

Last edited:
Associate

Just finished building my new MITX machine, which replaces the MATX on the right.

GB3rsaS.jpg

gQ2acqW.jpg

0edAT4b.jpg

This case is tiny! Some points/issues:
  • I was torn between the NCASE, DAN Case and various others. Took me weeks to actually commit to the NCASE.
  • The case took a couple of weeks to arrive and was around £30 in custom fees.
  • The case came with a bag of screws and no instructions. Real nightmare. There is one on their website but including it wouldn't have been a bad idea!
  • All components were ordered specifically to fit the case. There's limitations in pretty much every bit of hardware so took a lot of research to find a good mix.
  • I hadn't really planned ahead when I was building it, so ended up rebuilding it a few times for various reasons / cable management.
  • The case parts scratch really easily. Fortunately I've not scratched any external panels so not bothered by it.
  • There's a lot of space below the PSU and next to the GPU for cable management. This obviously depends on what PSU/GPU you put in.
  • The PCI-E connectors on the GPU are about 2mm too big to fit the side panel on. I've got some right-angled connectors coming which I'm hoping fixes that, if not I may have to try another GPU.
  • I'll be adding the 2.5" 512GB SSD from my MATX machine once it's finished wiping. It'll go behind the front panel where it's nicely out of the way.
  • I switched the stock fans on the MasterLiquid Pro to the Corsair ML120 Pro. The stock ones have a really annoying hiss/buzz even at idle/low temps. There are 3 settings on the fans but I couldn't be bothered testing the others.
  • With the right panel currently off, there's only a slight humm from the MasterLiquid pump doing it's thing.
  • I was considering going with an air cooler, but the fan switch solved my issues with it.
  • I may add a 80mm or 92mm exhaust fan.
  • Even with all the hardware in, it's incredibly light to lift up and carry around.

The case is absolutely gorgeous. I really hate having a huge case sitting on the floor and I'm happy to let this sit on my desk out the way or potentially in one of the desk cupboards temperature depending.

Is there anything I can use to get the panels looking nice and fresh with no fingermarks?

I'm still torn between ncase and A4! Isn't the ncase a bit bulky? and as oposed to A4 dancase, which is much smaller in comparison, how would i be able to fit 6700k and titan x pascal and how many hdds/ssds in there? PS: no sfx-L psu sadly, so only sfx would be the way to go, and if coolingwise you could fit some proper cooling for 6700k/titan x pascal... then winner.

Soon apparently, another thread here asking same thing:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18763217

Can't wait for it! biggest limitation will be temps nearing 100c with criorig c7 for 4790k/6700k (maybe one golden chip+delid+lapping), and having a titan x pascal in there will only make matters worse, in E-atx it reaches 88c, not to mention the tiniest case in the world! Wish it weren't so cooling/performance limited.

Soldato
Can't wait for it! biggest limitation will be temps nearing 100c with criorig c7 for 4790k/6700k (maybe one golden chip+delid+lapping), and having a titan x pascal in there will only make matters worse, in E-atx it reaches 88c, not to mention the tiniest case in the world! Wish it weren't so cooling/performance limited.
I'm hedging my bets between this and another case :D but i'm not sure how cooling will work with either.
Managed to get in early enough on Indegogo to get in on 1st batch of cases for the "Sentry" case (Dr Zaber). Going to see how both look and now need to plan a new mini itx build.

Associate

Did the case come with the fan filters to the side or did you buy separately? Nice build btw.

Soldato
NCase is cool, abit odd the ODD being how it is... RVZ0102 by silverstone, the PSU is in front, doesn't it exhaust into the case??? I made a case in Protocas, but I got a $900+ quote, it is a bit much... I could do it, but wow... I like the milo cases, but the don't really have enough riser slots for a duel width GPU... :(

Back
Top Bottom