The 'Show Your Creative Side' thread

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Which Con did she (you?) go to? The armour looks good, have you got any pictures of the complete armour? I did LSCC last year as Russell (from Up!) and planning on going LSCC this year as Roadhog (from Overwatch).

Hi Greboth, It was MCM Comic Con last May, best of luck with your costume, I think my daughter wants something Steampunk this year so thinking along the lines of a SteamPunk Mary Poppins. lol

Full costume below, unfortunately one of the straps failed on one of the bracers so she had to take it off but I think the armoured and non armoured arm looks good, I also made the Trident.

32162614981_42b4c78aa2.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@Building Candy - some seriously nice work once again! I'd love to try and work with metal. Absolutely love seeing these types of project builds - if you have any more, I'd love to see them.

That is great, id love something like that, what brand are the speakers?

Thanks. They're Audioengine A2's - very pleased with them. I have them hooked up to an old REL Strata subwoofer too. They're shown with the dedicated stands that are available as an optional extra - expensive but do make a surprising difference.

Associate
OP
Console Gaming Cabinet

I enjoy having my son in the same room whilst we play games, so I designed / built this for him a while back. It now holds his PS4. I'd still like to make the white sides a little more interesting with some smart, custom vinyl artwork.

Again, it was designed to fit in with the style of the other project builds in my room. All the cabling has been tidied up now as is hidden white cable trunking attached to the skirting board.

Permabanned
Such an awesome thread to go through!

Set up my own YouTube channel last year. Posted pretty much monthly up until 2-3 months ago... need to get back on! Nothing particularly ambitious about it, but I did enjoy the process of scripting the review, then voicing and editing it down to a listenable state xD

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Greboth, It was MCM Comic Con last May, best of luck with your costume, I think my daughter wants something Steampunk this year so thinking along the lines of a SteamPunk Mary Poppins. lol

Full costume below, unfortunately one of the straps failed on one of the bracers so she had to take it off but I think the armoured and non armoured arm looks good, I also made the Trident.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/343/32162614981_42b4c78aa2.jpg

Nice, yeah the armoured / non armoured works quite well especially as you would need more movement in your trident arm. Steampunk Mary Poppins would be cool though and a character relatively easy to steampunk-ify.

It will be my first time working with foam to make props though so I think I need all the luck with it. Read plenty of guides and watched plenty of youtube so I think it will be alright. LSCC isn't until end of August so got plenty of time but if this thread is still active I might post some pics as I go.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Nice, yeah the armoured / non armoured works quite well especially as you would need more movement in your trident arm. Steampunk Mary Poppins would be cool though and a character relatively easy to steampunk-ify.

It will be my first time working with foam to make props though so I think I need all the luck with it. Read plenty of guides and watched plenty of youtube so I think it will be alright. LSCC isn't until end of August so got plenty of time but if this thread is still active I might post some pics as I go.

Best of luck with it and make sure you post some pics, look forward to seeing it. :)

If you are ever in need of advice, give me a shout.

Associate
OP
Such an awesome thread to go through!

Set up my own YouTube channel last year. Posted pretty much monthly up until 2-3 months ago... need to get back on! Nothing particularly ambitious about it, but I did enjoy the process of scripting the review, then voicing and editing it down to a listenable state xD

You have a very good presentation style! Subscribed.

Soldato
Some really cool stuff posted so far, especially liking that Airsoft WA2000 :eek:. I'd love to get a lathe and milling machine and get into metal working at some point. Have loads of ideas of things i'd like to make, but just no way of doing it with my basic tools.

One more little project I made a few years back. Still need to tweak the shape and add stippling to the grip. I am going to get some American Walnut and make another as Mahogany isnt really the right wood to use for a stock, but I just had some to hand for free.

IMG_5118.jpg

DSC_3574.jpg

DSC_3728.jpg

Caporegime
Decided to add an extra air conditioning vent to our house. Aircon company was going to charge me $350. I did it myself for $115. Assembled the parts before I went up into the roof, because I knew it would be hot up there.

Aviary%20Photo_131269678676774922-L.png

Aviary%20Photo_131269722298419596-L.png

Aviary%20Photo_131269786957433852-L.png

Aviary%20Photo_131269787273945562-L.png

The temperature in the roofspace was close to 35°C. :eek:

I don't have a photo of the final result yet because I still need to tidy up the plaster and add a coat of ceiling white. But the new vent works perfectly.

:)

Man of Honour
Im always impressed by anyone who can draw, im totally crap at drawing anything!

Airsoft WA2000 I made from scratch.

What is the legal side of producing something like that? I used to do a bit of airsoft a few years back (more due to having some friends who were into it) and in passing contemplated making an FG42 but thought there was probably some legal issues with producing something that looked realistic.

Man of Honour
I made this in 2012 just for a laugh because a Landlord asked for it.
I'd also had some new gear I wanted to try out so this was the result and it has got over 43.000 views :eek:
People didn't believe it was me because they are used to me singing hard rock songs and screaming.
Your Mums and Dads might know what the song is.

Associate
What is the legal side of producing something like that? I used to do a bit of airsoft a few years back (more due to having some friends who were into it) and in passing contemplated making an FG42 but thought there was probably some legal issues with producing something that looked realistic.

Hi, they are airsoft guns, I always use a donor gun for the internals, so it is turning a gun into a different shape of gun, which is ok.

This started life as an M700 rifle, I made it into a Unique Alpine TPG-1 because they dont make an airsoft version and I wanted one :).

ua174.JPG

ua214.JPG

ua238.JPG

ua159.JPG

ua268.JPG

ua257.JPG

ua258.JPG

ua254.JPG

ua251.JPG

ua270.JPG

Soldato
Girlfriend got excited by the snow when we woke up this morning and decided she wanted to go sledging.

Grab some scrap wood and a load of tools and bring them into your nice clean kitchen:
U8dbvGB.jpg

After some cutting and a few screws, I had a frame.
74oXX1u.jpg

Top board on, some plastic sheeting nailed over the runners and a rope tied to the front and my sledge is complete:
pMUlV6G.jpg

Associate
OP
Girlfriend got excited by the snow when we woke up this morning and decided she wanted to go sledging.

Grab some scrap wood and a load of tools and bring them into your nice clean kitchen:

After some cutting and a few screws, I had a frame.

Top board on, some plastic sheeting nailed over the runners and a rope tied to the front and my sledge is complete:

Nice sledge, takes me back. Did you get much use from it?

Man of Honour
Reminds me of when I was little - can't remember what year - we had 6+ inches of snow and my uncle knocked together a really nice sledge and took us out on the hill nearby where loads of people were doing it - don't think I've ever sledged since.

Soldato
Nice sledge, takes me back. Did you get much use from it?

The snow was a bit too deep for sledging so we spent a lot of time flattening it out. Did manage a few good runs after that though. It held up well, we were on it together (me at 80kg, gf at 60kg) and it held up fine.
Quite happy with it considering it was mashed together in an hour with scrap.

Back
Top Bottom