The Social Gathering / Gaming Thread [A place to organize meet-ups]

Associate
Bit dissapointed in the different modes to be honest.. not sure they add much.. other than.. Race mode..

And even race mode could be a lot less social if you're allowed to progress onto hole 2 while people are still playing hole 1.. (a bit like just playing on your own, once you're past the first few holes!! :( )

For Race mode, I'm hoping it's hole by hole.. and after everyone has finished hole 1.. hole 2 starts for everyone.. go go go ... ;)

much dissapoint by the.. (although possibly because they still have to support quest 2 for the forseeable!! although they could do a quest 3 only mode.. would help sell quest 3's )
> - Due to technical and design constraints, we don't have any current plans for supporting real-time multiplayer ball collisions.

and really suprised one of the modes wasn't turn based but with a short time to strike the ball.. and also surprised there isn't some sort of team based game.. :(

Still love the developers though.. so hope they keep developing it all further..

Soldato
Ah, it's not Ravenger I am really worried about. By the time the rest of you have finished, I am sure Ravenger will have hobbled his way to hole 2 or maybe even hole 3 if he is feeling really spry. ;)

It's Shi I have the most concerns about. You know he has to work out all the angles, then check every rock and object on the course for a trick shot, then spend ages assimilating all that data before just whacking the ball as hard as he can off the course. :p There is a strong possibility he might not even make it off hole 1 before you guys are finished!! :D

Soldato
Bit dissapointed in the different modes to be honest.. not sure they add much.. other than.. Race mode..

And even race mode could be a lot less social if you're allowed to progress onto hole 2 while people are still playing hole 1.. (a bit like just playing on your own, once you're past the first few holes!! :( )

For Race mode, I'm hoping it's hole by hole.. and after everyone has finished hole 1.. hole 2 starts for everyone.. go go go ... ;)

much dissapoint by the.. (although possibly because they still have to support quest 2 for the forseeable!! although they could do a quest 3 only mode.. would help sell quest 3's )

and really suprised one of the modes wasn't turn based but with a short time to strike the ball.. and also surprised there isn't some sort of team based game.. :(

Still love the developers though.. so hope they keep developing it all further..

Yeah, I'm thinking race mode will lose a bit of the social side of things as everyone is rushing along.

But I was thinking a couple of race modes (to see how long they take, does everyone have to finish etc), and then a full 18 etc. Do agree, the timer would be good.

Physics mode doesn't surprise me, that's a huge amount of coding I suspect.

Associate
But I was thinking a couple of race modes (to see how long they take, does everyone have to finish etc), and then a full 18 etc. Do agree, the timer would be good.

Physics mode doesn't surprise me, that's a huge amount of coding I suspect.

Do we know yet if "Race Mode" is people just do the holes separately? i.e. you just carry on even if someone else if still on hole 1? or first to finish hole 1 get the win.. then all move onto hole 2..

Physics mode? ... ah the ball collision stuff.. i suspect it's the cpu in the quest 2 that can't handle the multiple ball physics.. rather than coding... (depending on their physics model obv :) )

Last edited:
Soldato
for : Amung us VR
Limited time event

Let me know if you're up for a game!
if you need a cold body sure,will do, but wont be untill wednesday onwards. if that works for you and any others wanting mto multicast.
havent managed to play currently, and need to find a battery for the left controller! i dont normally need it for monday nights.
also have that chopter one to check out as well.

Back
Top Bottom