The Social Gathering / Gaming Thread [A place to organize meet-ups]

@melmac @Ravenger @ShiWarrior good game guys nice to see Shi's pc behaving :)

It lasted a whole game!! It was awesome, not one disconnect. Praise the PC Gods :)

*listing done alphabetically so as to not show favouritism :p ;)

Too late *insert Samuel L. Jackson swear word here* Your true feelings showed when you saved Ravenger first. I was gutted!!!

And I was been so nice to everyone up until that point too!! :p

But what a game it was!! The second map we played was fantastic. I mean, I have played the game for a while now with the guys and I was genuinely stunned when we opened that door. I don't think I have ever seen so many mobs in one place. You could barely see the floor. And what made this even more "special" was that all the high level mobs were there too, or so we thought. There was a Giant Spider, a Brookmare, An Elven Marauder and a Fire Elemental with the key. Along with Druid hound masters, Slimes, Druid Archers, Cultists, Skirmishers, Root beasts, root hounds. It was like a massive monster rave party and we had just become the entertainment.

Now if that wasn't bad enough, when we opened that door our turn was over. So they had first go. What did they do? Well, first I have to describe our location. We were in a longish corridor. Open at one end, the end we came from. And the door to hell at the other. There was a stairs up on the right hand side of the corridor just before you reached the door. Shi, Mr.Cookie and Ravenger were all in front of the door and I was back a little on the left hand side. Going back wasn't really an option as the whole floor was poisoned!! Going up the stairs might have been an option, but you will see why it wasn't in a minute.

So monsters in front, poison behind and maybe a path to freedom to our right. Well, no!! When the monsters moved, a second giant spider appeared at the top of the stairs, along with a skirmisher (I think) and two root beasts. The monsters in the room, of course went crazy, and it was just chaos in there for the duration of their turn. They were attacking us through each other. However the Brookmare got free and launched an attack which pushed the three guys back onto the stairs (right into the path of the spider) and downed Shi. The Giant Spider on the stairs launched an attack that entangled the three guys so they couldn't move. However, the attack of the Brookmare moved the three guys out of the path of the attack of the other Giant Spider in the room. So all the monsters near the door got entangled too.

Things were looking grim for our Three brave heros and Mr.Cookie. We were seasoned adventurers though and didn't Panic. We calmly assessed the situation to come up with the best plan of action. We threw a few lures into the room to act as decoys. As well as the lures, we dropped down some ballista and a behemoth to do some damage and also give the monsters something to think about.

But, to be honest we got really lucky. The Giant Spider at top of the stairs for some reason went crazy and started attacking the other monsters. It killed off the two root beasts. Ravenger had a charm card, which he played on the Brookmare. The Brookmare then went on to wreck absolute havoc and, with a little help from a couple of piercing throws from Shi and Mr.Cookie, killed most of the monsters in that room. By the time the carnage was over, the only mobs left were a nearly dead Brookmare, a skirmisher and a druid hound master.

I think it was the awesome 15 minutes of Demeo that I have witnessed so far.

Thanks for reading :)

Just as an aside, who will take my tale of Epic adventure seriously when the character names are Ravenger, Shi Warrior and Mr.Cookie!! The first two names are great, but come on, Mr.Cookie?? It sounds like I am writing a skit or parody like Meet the Spartans.

Aside two, the less about the bad choices made in the first map, the better.

:p:D

Last edited:
Nice report Mel! Also we created a nice pack of Root Hounds which went around distracting enemies and causing havoc. Though they tended to be a bit suicidal, attacking oil and ice lamps.

The thing about spiders is they will attack anything that's tangled in a web. So if enemies get tangled the spiders - even giant ones - will attack them. Very handy if you have a web bomb, a nearby giant spider, and a mob to deal with.

That was the reason the spiders were attacking the mobs as the giant spiders had chucked webs where the enemies got tangled.

We also realised that wet squares rinsed poison off which was handy

The thing about spiders is they will attack anything that's tangled in a web. So if enemies get tangled the spiders - even giant ones - will attack them. Very handy if you have a web bomb, a nearby giant spider, and a mob to deal with.

Good info Rav, I didn't realise that.

You know what they say? Every day is a learning day :)

@melmac it's such a same I can only pick one like type, great write up, although I felt some what undervalued :p:cry:

Not at all, you had a significant contribution been bait :p

But, come on man, try to imagine a Stranger Things type situation. Where we are down in the basement getting ready to start up our weekly dungeon and dragons game. To take down the Demogorgons. If you picked a name like Mr.Cookie, I bet you would have got a right thumping!! :D

Back
Top Bottom