• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

No, it's default
Just tried old ssd, same problem
I downloaded and installed over the old one

Could it be the usb image is corrupted??
Might be? I don’t know what to suggest. I have a spare PC so I would create the OS disk using that and download the latest BIOS. then use flashback to update the BIOS and try and install the OS again. I also delete all the partitions when doing a fresh install (in the OS install drive selection part). Also, only have one drive connected when you do the install.

Last edited:
Looks like my 7950x in fact is not stable with 6200mhz ram.

system has been running great for weeks but I recently started playing a game called wu long fallen dynasty and I guess it must hit the memory hard cause playing it has caused a couple bsod for me with a generic ntoskernal error message. After googling what that means it looks like it could be anything but memory is suspected culprit so I used the windows memory diagnostic and it picked up memory errors within a minute, bumped down to 6000mhz and test didn't pick up error.

I need to find some better timings for 6000mhz though

Last edited:
Looks like my 7950x in fact is not stable with 6200mhz ram.

system has been running great for weeks but I recently started playing a game called wu long fallen dynasty and I guess it must hit the memory hard cause playing it has caused a couple bsod for me with a generic ntoskernal error message. After googling what that means it looks like it could be anything but memory is suspected culprit so I used the windows memory diagnostic and it picked up memory errors within a minute, bumped down to 6000mhz and test didn't pick up error.

I need to find some better timings for 6000mhz though
What memory are you using, Hynix or Samsung? Post a zen timings screenshot and I can give you some timings to try.

At 6200 HCI Memtest also picked up a couple errors within 10 minutes of testing. Prime95 and Occt dont seem to have any issue. I tried but couldnt get Ycruncher to run properly it wont import a RAM testing config file.

What memory are you using, Hynix or Samsung? Post a zen timings screenshot and I can give you some timings to try.

Cool thanks Matt. CPU-Z reports its Hynix

Last edited:
The new bios update killed expo for me. Can't even get into bios with it enabled as it freezes. I just left it untouched, not worth the hassle for the performance.

Time will tell, but I think I've got stable settings again

I used settings from this video

This is the new timings and aida64 numbers. Bandwidth is up by 7GB/s and latency is down by 10ns compared to the XMP settings I was using and its no longer producing errors in HCI memtest and Windows memory diagnostics.

Last edited:
At 6200 HCI Memtest also picked up a couple errors within 10 minutes of testing. Prime95 and Occt dont seem to have any issue. I tried but couldnt get Ycruncher to run properly it wont import a RAM testing config file.

Cool thanks Matt. CPU-Z reports its Hynix

This is for Hynix M Die 32GB Single Rank 6000Mhz C30, 1.36v

Copy these timings exactly (but change frequency to 6000Mhz, where I have written in black use those timings instead for Hynix M Die 32GB single rank kit.
mhdO9oT.png

Copy these BIOS settings as well. First and second screenshots are recommended settings by Veii from oc.net and work well with Hynix DIMMs.
RHAPcLW.jpg
6ah1v4p.jpg
wX9o6u8.jpg
biwdT0M.jpg
Third screenshot is disabling Gear down mode, helps improve latency a little. Fourth screenshot is powerdown mode off etc.

Last edited:
This is for Hynix M Die 32GB Single Rank 6000Mhz C30, 1.36v

Copy these timings exactly (but change frequency to 6000Mhz, where I have written in black use those timings instead for Hynix M Die 32GB single rank kit.
mhdO9oT.png

Copy these BIOS settings as well. First and second screenshots are recommended settings by Veii from oc.net and work well with Hynix DIMMs.
RHAPcLW.jpg
6ah1v4p.jpg
wX9o6u8.jpg
biwdT0M.jpg
Third screenshot is disabling Gear down mode, helps improve latency a little. Fourth screenshot is powerdown mode off etc.
will those timings also work for these sticks which are also M die ?

Back
Top Bottom