The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
My general everyday lens is the Tamron 28-75mm and for portraits I’m quite pleased with the 85mm 1.8 however on several occasions now I’ve been finding the Tamron just not wide enough for needs. So OcUK I need your recommendations for an e-mount lens that produces decent results without breaking the bank (as this is just a hobby for me)?

Caporegime
The Tamron? Yes that does look nice although probably more than I was looking to spend, hmmm decisions decisions.

I am not sure on the cheaper alternative.

There are cheaper primes but they don't go down to 17mm. There is a 16-35f/4 Sony Zeiss but that too is around the same kind of money. You can probably find that used much easier except it's F/4 and personally i much prefer the F/2.8 lens.

Plus the Tamron will have no overlap with yours and you will have 17-75mm covered.

Soldato
My general everyday lens is the Tamron 28-75mm and for portraits I’m quite pleased with the 85mm 1.8 however on several occasions now I’ve been finding the Tamron just not wide enough for needs. So OcUK I need your recommendations for an e-mount lens that produces decent results without breaking the bank (as this is just a hobby for me)?
Sony 12-24

Caporegime
Been reading a number of reviews regarding the Tamron and it gets fair praise, wish I hadn't started thinking about this now as on the verge of spending much more than I had planned! :p
I have it and it's a great lens that is now on my camera the majority of the time. I use it for walkaround and also studio stuff as it has a great colour profile. For street photography I wouldn't recommend it though, too big and noticeable. Better to use a fast prime... can't wait for the 35mm f1.8 to be released!

Soldato
I have it and it's a great lens that is now on my camera the majority of the time. I use it for walkaround and also studio stuff as it has a great colour profile. For street photography I wouldn't recommend it though, too big and noticeable. Better to use a fast prime... can't wait for the 35mm f1.8 to be released!
Seen a few people on the talk photography forum that have the 35mm 1.8 already and the results look very good, think it's park cameras that have released early.

Caporegime
Seen a few people on the talk photography forum that have the 35mm 1.8 already and the results look very good, think it's park cameras that have released early.
As far as I know it isn't officially released, so if Park have done that they will probably be in a bit of trouble.

Associate
Picked up the A7RIV today from Sony. I'm based in Hong Kong and pre ordered last week

48605459477_6ac756edd2_z.jpg

48605459607_6bcf8765ff_z.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Picked up the A7RIV today from Sony. I'm based in Hong Kong and pre ordered last week
Schaweeettttt you are going to have fu with that bad boy. Combined with a small and sharp 35mm it would be a street photographers dream too, you could use the insane MP to turn it into a telephoto lens and shoot discreetly from a distance then crop.

Methinks I will likely wait for the Sony A7R5 while looking at the A7R4 wistfully... unless I got some kind of crazy trade-in deal that is.

Caporegime
Noice about the A7IV!

Can someone clarify/spot the mistake in this offer? Dixons Travel at Stansted airport are offering an A7iii for £1499 with 10% off if you do click and collect. However I think you can use the cash back offer from Sony with this so that would make it £1,200 for the body. Surely that's good to be true?

Not the most flexible offer but a steal nonetheless. Though I assume it only comes with a 1 year warranty :(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom