The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
I see Sony are now doing a cash back offer - £150 off the A7iii.

Makes the Amazon price look better against the grey imports. Might take them up on their 5 months payment as well.

Cash back directly from Sony - struggling to find as the one I did says the promotion is over.

And where did you see the pay over 5 months?

Edit - thanks @robj20. If my wedding and one prior to that which I will photographing for weren't in the next few months, I might have bitten the bullet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cash back directly from Sony - struggling to find as the one I did says the promotion is over.

And where did you see the pay over 5 months?

Amazon you can pay over 5 months, cashback says active until September 2019, claim 30 days after purchasing.

Soldato
Can anyone give me some RAW files of people with skintones off of an A7iii?

I think I'm close to pulling the plug!!!

I'm thinking of getting
1. A7iii from Amazon
2. Tamron 28-75
3. Sony 85mm

Do you guys think the A7Siii will have the same megapixel as the A7iii? Thats my only real reluctance

Caporegime
There are raw and jpg with skintones taken mainly with 85mm f1.8 and f1.4 on my flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/165119756@N06/

And it might be likely the As7iii will have a 35Mb sensor but doesnt mean it will be better at taking pics than the A7iii plus the price may well be around £3k - £4k as well if the rumours are true its going to be 8k 60p video.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are raw and jpg with skintones taken mainly with 85mm f1.8 and f1.4 on my flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/165119756@N06/

And it might be likely the As7iii will have a 35Mb sensor but doesnt mean it will be better at taking pics than the A7iii plus the price may well be around £3k - £4k as well if the rumours are true its going to be 8k 60p video.

Surely it'll just be 4k/60p video?? I haven't seen a 4k/120fps yet at a decent price point!

Hmmm... I mean if the A7SIII is going to be around 2k, I'll hold out incase it includes a flip screen. If its 3-4k then I'll likely get an A7iii...!! !

Caporegime
Surely it'll just be 4k/60p video?? I haven't seen a 4k/120fps yet at a decent price point!

Hmmm... I mean if the A7SIII is going to be around 2k, I'll hold out incase it includes a flip screen. If its 3-4k then I'll likely get an A7iii...!! !

You never can tell with the rumours around but the last ones i saw say that the A7siii is going to be a game changer and yes will offer 8k 60fps. A7s is always meant to be Sony's low light/video model.

But if the rumours are anywhere near truth, dont expect a 35Mb stacked sensor with the processing power to do 8k 60fps to come cheap. I would expect it to be £4k with those specs. Afterall there wont be anything else in the market to compete with it.

Also the A9ii is meant ot be out later this year and again will blow the competition away with rumours of insane specs and global shutter but that definitely will be closer to 5k imo

Caporegime
Weird question :p. What did you lot do with your first camera when you bought your second? Keep it for old times sake or sell it to help with the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom