The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
Although more money I prefer ******* (p a n a m o z)

https://*******.com/digital-cameras/sony/sony-alpha-a7-iii-mirrorless-digital-camera-body-only.html

You get a 3 year UK warranty with their kit. You send it to Sony in the UK and ******* pay the repair bill. Never had an issue with them.

No brainer, would definitely pay £200 more for another 2 years and you get a kit lens which you could probably claw back the £200 difference by selling (if you wanted to).

Caporegime
I think it may be able to do 20fps, at least in electronic. If they could do 61mp in 10fps then 36mp in 20fps isn't out of the realm of possibility. It would be a 50% bump in res from the current 24mp.

Yeah the AR74can handle saving 105Mb raw files and still do 10 fps with a buffer of 69 shots so the A9ii will easily do 20fps at 36MP. I would expect a buffer in excess of 200 shots on the A9ii

Soldato
I think it may be able to do 20fps, at least in electronic. If they could do 61mp in 10fps then 36mp in 20fps isn't out of the realm of possibility. It would be a 50% bump in res from the current 24mp.

Yes but have you see how long it takes to clear the buffer during which time you can do pretty much nothing. Fast XQD would probably help that though so will wait and see what they do.

And

And

Associate
What's the A7R4's 10fps though? Compressed raw?

I'll probably sell the 5DIV now as I really like the look of this with double the resolution for landscapes/perched shots while I have the A9/1DXII for flight/action/fps.

Caporegime
No I believe its full uncompressed RAW. That will do me at 61MP. The big issue even with the fastest SD card is that if you fill the buffer with 69 x 105Mb files its going to take 24 seconds to clear.

Although I expect the only time I will be likely to fill the buffer is if I am shooting fast action/ BIF and more likely to be using it in APS-C zoom so they will only be 45Mb files and would take 10 seconds to clear 69 shots.

Highly unlikely anyway as with my A7iii its very rare I go past 10 shots at once which are already saving to the sd card so you only get a second or two before the buffer clears again.

Caporegime
No I believe its full uncompressed RAW. That will do me at 61MP. The big issue even with the fastest SD card is that if you fill the buffer with 69 x 105Mb files its going to take 24 seconds to clear.

Although I expect the only time I will be likely to fill the buffer is if I am shooting fast action/ BIF and more likely to be using it in APS-C zoom so they will only be 45Mb files and would take 10 seconds to clear 69 shots.

Highly unlikely anyway as with my A7iii its very rare I go past 10 shots at once which are already saving to the sd card so you only get a second or two before the buffer clears again.

The thing with that scenario would be when you press it down and hold it down all that time. If you release your finger, or do bursts of say 5 bit by bit, then it will take quite a long sequence to fill it.

When it is emptying the buffer, you can still shoot when it is half full so the camera is not totally locked out. You just can't look at the photos, but chimming is best left after you are done anyway.

Caporegime
For me as a hobbyist the A7r4, while impressive, is no reason to upgrade from the a7r3. This is an incremental upgrade and the A7r5 will likely represent a more significant change.

For new buyers though the A7r4, at an even lower price than the a7r3 was released, is a no-brainer.

Soldato

I wish it had dual xqd cards or uhs 3 instead

Caporegime
Pretty much every review I read says if you have an a7r3 the improvements, while nice, don't justify an upgrade.

Yeah but that's only cause the A7riii is such an awesome camera. To be fair every generation is just an incremental change and will be until global shutters and organic sensors come out.

Back
Top Bottom