US: The Terror

Associate
Can someone explain what happened to Crozier's men in the end? The survivors rather than rescue the capatain from Hicky obeyed orders and pushed ahead but later you find out their camp decimated and one of his officers had chains hanging from his face. Who did this to them? Did they all go crazy or was it someone else?

I presume they all starved to death / combined with lead poisoning and disease. I took it they'd all been unable to push on further and had lost their minds as a result.

What a brilliant series. Favorite of the year so far.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I presume they all starved to death / combined with lead poisoning and disease. I took it they'd all been unable to push on further and had lost their minds as a result.

What a brilliant series. Favorite of the year so far.

Thanks I wasn't 100% sure.
it was the chains to the face that confused me but they did mention the madness throughout the series

Yeah definitely one of the better series. Would have like to know more of the
Tuunbaq - in the end why did Silna blow gently to its face and gave it a little water? Wasn't it dead?

Permabanned
Watched seven episodes and it’s pretty good. It’s a bit random in places though...

why did the doctor set himself and the “carnival” on fire ? I know he had just found out about the led poisoning but he didn’t seem particularly arsed about it and I’m not sure burning yourself and your crew to death is a great solution to the problem either. He had never shown any signs of mental issues either. The Eskimo appearing with blood all over her mouth was weird as well, did her teeth explode like someone mentioned in an earlier episode ? If so it’s still pretty random and not really sure what the point of it was. Watched episode 7 expecting some kind of comment about why the doctor burned himself and everyone down and it didn’t even get mentioned, same goes for the Eskimo bird. It’s a bit all over the place at times but still pretty good

Permabanned
Finished it as well, enjoyed it overall but felt it could have gone down a slightly better route towards the end... but then I’ve not read the book.

One thing that I found really jarring were the random cuts between some scenes, presumably where advert breaks are meant to go.

Soldato
Yeah definitely one of the better series. Would have like to know more of the
Tuunbaq - in the end why did Silna blow gently to its face and gave it a little water? Wasn't it dead?

in the book the Tuunbaq is a mythical creature that the shamans hold at bay. It attacked because the old shaman died and silna was not ready to do the same job. It doesn't die in the book, and arguably can't be killed anyway.
The captain shacks up with silna at the end of the book and they both take on the role of keeping the Tuunbaq controlled.

Associate
Watched seven episodes and it’s pretty good. It’s a bit random in places though...

why did the doctor set himself and the “carnival” on fire ? I know he had just found out about the led poisoning but he didn’t seem particularly arsed about it and I’m not sure burning yourself and your crew to death is a great solution to the problem either. He had never shown any signs of mental issues either. The Eskimo appearing with blood all over her mouth was weird as well, did her teeth explode like someone mentioned in an earlier episode ? If so it’s still pretty random and not really sure what the point of it was. Watched episode 7 expecting some kind of comment about why the doctor burned himself and everyone down and it didn’t even get mentioned, same goes for the Eskimo bird. It’s a bit all over the place at times but still pretty good

This is how I read it, not sure if its quite right ...
I think he'd shown a few signs of despondency in the way he'd spoke to Goodsir etc over previous interactions. His chat with the sailor that was very depressed was all prim and proper along the lines of , I cant help you with issues of the mind only physical, but followed by , but i'd imagine if someone felt like you that blah blah blah would help , I took it he was in the same boat ( excuse the pun) mentally but being all very stiff upper lip and hiding it. Then with Goodsir then explaining how bad the position was with the food / lead poisoning & about to set out on the huge impossible trek south + perhaps he recognized he was also suffering lead poisoning, finally pushed him over the edge.

The Eskimo lady was trying to cut out her tongue as an offering to the Tuunbaq , (something the Shamens did to keep the Tuunbaq away) the Eskimo ( her Father / a Shamen ) with her in Ep1 had no tongue also

Soldato
Think of s2 similar to how the AHS do different seasons they use same main name but the show has nothing to do with the first season.

S1 was a great watch that had me gripped start to finish, s2 not so much.

Back
Top Bottom