• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yes it will on xboxes but on PS5 vrr doesn’t work currently for whatever reason despite being listed in official specification.
Well hopefully I'll be playing it on a 6900XT. Its just that I'm at odds with as to why CX model have Freesync Premium and C9 hasn't had an update? Is it just a marketing gimmick or something more? Regarding consoles, I don't particularly care if I'm honest.

Soldato
Ok start watching the video from 12:35 where he explains settings used and how it compares to 2060 super.
That's not what I asked.
"provide me the timestamps that clearly show that performance diff. of the 2060 and the console using the modded settings"
The point is he didn't do any performance comparisons because IMO it showed the xsx performing better. Which is what I said earlier. I already know you can copy the console settings onto PC and can download the file for it. I don't need him telling me that. What he should have done, to show no partiality, was to show performance results between the 2 using the console IQ settings.

The problem is he omitted those performance comparison results. Only resorting to talking about it being done and showing glimpse of it here and there. But never any direct comparison on performance. He simply cranked the RT/IQ settings to highest values and compared it to XSX to say "RTX has better IQ". Which wasn't playable on the 2060. Showing complete RTX cheer leading on his part.

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't know how much I wanted meteors in my games until now!

ZUE2SYW.gif

Soldato
Not sure where to post this but will vrr act as freesync on c9?

I watched Vincent's video but he never explained whether dips between 120fps and 90 will be smoothed over somewhat.

Thanks.
It depends on the frame rate and what the LFC is set to. If framerate is below the vrr, lfc is suppose to double it to bring it back into range of the VRR (if I understood the video correctly).
Therfore, you won't need to enable Freesync.

Didn't know how much I wanted meteors in my games until now!

ZUE2SYW.gif

It seems that AMD is concentrating on RT Shadows.

Soldato
Permabanned
Reckon that 6800 that clock that high is gonna be the exception rather than the rule.

I want a 6800XT but not sure my 500W PSU (gold 80+ 40A on 12V) will cope with it.

It depends on the rest of your system - your CPU has to be clocked in check, and the 6800 XT 100% undervolted to reduce the TDP and any potential voltage spikes which will overload the PSU.

I don't see why an efficient 500-watt PSU wouldn't be able to withstand the pressure from a 65-watt CPU and a 250-watt GPU (if the GPU is 250-watt)..

Caporegime
So on initial impressions is the stock cooler seeming like it's going to be a little loud? It's the only thing making me hesitate trying to get a reference one on launch day.

Associate
So on initial impressions is the stock cooler seeming like it's going to be a little loud? It's the only thing making me hesitate trying to get a reference one on launch day.

Isn't Sapphire partially responsible for reference card cooling? I hope they do decent job. On the other hand if you want noiseless PC get custom loop or passive 1030 ;)

Associate
If its 60c with reference cooler, even if its with fans at 100% which i seriously doubt, it bodes well, can drop the fans lower fir a bit more heat!

On a serious note, that 3 fan reference cooler looks more than capable of keeping the card cool and quiet, it's as decent looking as a lot of Partner cooling systems.

I think AMD are starting to polish their GPU launches a step at a time, quite like they did with Ryzen CPUs.

One thing we always derided them for was their awful blower coolers, looks like this could be them saying "Hey, we listened"

Seems the performance in Rasterization is there, and their first attempt at Ray Tracing looks to be ok, lastly their rumored FidelityFX Supersampling (DLSS) is in the works as well.

Looks to me like they ticked the box of most arguments actually, so i seriously doubt they are going to change cooler design and it be a fail.

I reckon the reference cooler will be as good a cooler as your average 2.5 slot 3 fan gpu cooler.

60c at a reasonable fan speed with relatively low noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom